Infectious Groove Podcast - Bumblefoot produced band, The Dodies

8 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Started listening to the first episode last night, great show @RussTCB!

Thank you! The first two episodes are actually a little slow moving in my opinion. They're kind of a lot of set up and background on us. Still worth listening to, but a little slower than future episodes. Episode 3 is where we really settle into a format and flow.

Our plan is to have a new episode out every Monday :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Good shit Russ, really enjoyed it, especially this episode.  But, I generally like the format, etc.  Of course I disagree with a few things YOU specifically said during the POD (episode 6), but.....go figure, that's what I do lol

Right on. I appreciate you listening and of course, not everyone is going to agree. Different strokes and all that :) If you're on any social media, find us and voice your opinion. We love to get into those discussions!

• Like 1

Michelle talking about rebranding a band after changes reminded me of Love Spit Love. Iirc Fortus said that he started to work with the Furs front man on a new album and then they decided it wouldnt be right to call it a Furs album? Something like that I think?

#MichelleTellsFortusWhatToDo ?? :lol:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Michelle talking about rebranding a band after changes reminded me of Love Spit Love. Iirc Fortus said that he started to work with the Furs front man on a new album and then they decided it wouldnt be right to call it a Furs album? Something like that I think?

#MichelleTellsFortusWhatToDo ?? :lol:

I get what she was saying, but as you heard me say; most people just aren't going to do that. If nothing else, most record labels wouldn't even let them. 

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I get what she was saying, but as you heard me say; most people just aren't going to do that. If nothing else, most record labels wouldn't even let them. 

Agreed. I say that often about the idea that CD 'should have been a solo album.' Because I dont think the label would have given him that budget and leeway for a solo album. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Really enjoyed episode 6. Just listened to the John Corabi Crue album for the first time on your recommendation. :lol: 

Thanks for listening, I'm glad you enjoyed it! New episodes will be out every Monday (shameless plug). 

I really love that Crue album. As I said on the show, I think it's their best album by a long shot. Glad you busted it out after listening, hope you liked at least some of what you heard. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks for listening, I'm glad you enjoyed it! New episodes will be out every Monday (shameless plug). 

I really love that Crue album. As I said on the show, I think it's their best album by a long shot. Glad you busted it out after listening, hope you liked at least some of what you heard. 

I'm going to need to give it a couple of listens but sounds good so far. The podcast is really well put together and I really like the dynamic with your co-hosts too. :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dazey said:

I'm going to need to give it a couple of listens but sounds good so far. The podcast is really well put together and I really like the dynamic with your co-hosts too. :thumbsup: 

Thanks again for the compliment on the show. I really appreciate anyone who took the time to listen. 

Ok, I may have cheated and jumped into this episode without listening to any of the other previous episodes. But, I’ll be going back and listening now. I’m digging it, nice work everyone!

And I assume that I’m the friend you mentioned in regards to the Ozzy/Post tracks discussion?

9 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Ok, I may have cheated and jumped into this episode without listening to any of the other previous episodes. But, I’ll be going back and listening now. I’m digging it, nice work everyone!

And I assume that I’m the friend you mentioned in regards to the Ozzy/Post tracks discussion?

Glad you enjoyed it and you're doing back to check out other episodes :)

And yep, you're the person I was talking about. Surprisingly, a lot of my friends don't mind Take What You Want. Almost everyone I know can't stand the other Post track though. 

• Like 1

Great podcast. I directly jumped into episode 6 and will definitely check out the previous issues as well. 

But what’s the whole Maroon 5 talking? 😄 They are not very famous in Europe and I always thought of them like a kind of Backstreet Boys band. Am I wrong?

... yeah, I know Adam Levine did sing in Slashs solo record and I think its a great track. But besides ...?

15 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Great podcast. I directly jumped into episode 6 and will definitely check out the previous issues as well. 

But what’s the whole Maroon 5 talking? 😄 They are not very famous in Europe and I always thought of them like a kind of Backstreet Boys band. Am I wrong?

... yeah, I know Adam Levine did sing in Slashs solo record and I think its a great track. But besides ...?

LOL, they just came up as an example here because record labels seem to be really pushing one member of newer bands to the spotlight and that's it. 

They're an easy example to use, so they just kind of came up as we worked through the topic of fans knowing members of bands, and actually caring who's in the band or not. They were more of a real pop rock band on their first record, then went way over to just pop. 

Im glad you liked the show and I'm glad you'll check out the other episodes. We're actually recording next week's episode tonight and it'll be out on Monday as always :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

@RussTCB check out Badflower, great band that released their debut album last year! Would love to hear your thoughts about them in the podcast! :)

Will do. I looked them up last night so it's in my search history on Spotify. I'll give them a listen. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Will do. I looked them up last night so it's in my search history on Spotify. I'll give them a listen. 

Sweet man! Found them while searching for new bands last summer and saw them at Louder Than Life and after that they quickly became one of my favorite bands!

• Like 1