Infectious Groove Podcast - Bumblefoot produced band, The Dodies

13 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Sweet man! Found them while searching for new bands last summer and saw them at Louder Than Life and after that they quickly became one of my favorite bands!

I love hearing about how people are still looking for new music. We did an episode (Sharing Is Caring) about all the ways we use to find new music. People always say "there's no good new music", and the be quite honest, they're very wrong. 

• Like 1

I liked it quite a bit. @RussTCB, I'm assuming that was you talking about seeing GNR in 2002, for the sole purpose of verifying how they'd totally suck so you could tell people, and how wrong you were? Haha. I'd like to hear a podcast devoted entirely to your experience with GNR.... Your opinion is interesting, because as you mentioned, you saw them in 91,92, and 1993? Then to say the 2002 lineup sounded great. I love hearing about it from that perspective. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

I liked it quite a bit. @RussTCB, I'm assuming that was you talking about seeing GNR in 2002, for the sole purpose of verifying how they'd totally suck so you could tell people, and how wrong you were? Haha. I'd like to hear a podcast devoted entirely to your experience with GNR.... Your opinion is interesting, because as you mentioned, you saw them in 91,92, and 1993? Then to say the 2002 lineup sounded great. I love hearing about it from that perspective. 

Yep, that was me saying that.

And yeah, it was always funny to me back in 2002 (or any year after that I guess) when I would defend the new lineup the argument was always "YOU DONT KNOW HOW GREAT IT USED TO BE!" and I would almost always come to find out that I'd seen the original / UYI line up more times than the people making that argument haha. 

And yeah, I'd love to do a whole episode on GNR some time. It would kind of be radio for one though as my co hosts really aren't into them. I'll see if I can work in a special or something soon :)

I just realized that Episode 7 has a few GNR mentions including the story of when I tried to buy the UYI CDs when they came out. 

Anyone interested can find us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iheartradio, Pocket Casts, CastBox, Stitcher and more. Just search for Infectious Groove Podcast and you'll find us. 

The latest episode is called "Parental Advisory-The Tipping Point". 

We put out a new episode every Monday morning. 

• Like 1

Gratuitous bump:

In addition to being on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iheartradio, Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, CastBox, Radio Public, Stitcher, Listen Notes and everywhere else...

....we're FINALLY on Google Podcasts as of today! 

• Like 1

Episode 9 is out and we're discussing cover songs. I brought up The Spaghetti Incident during the discussion, along with a ton of other great covers. 

Available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, iheartradio, Pocket Casts, CastBox, Stitcher and more 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/08gCrooODDmXBKw9TF9tAK?si=tDV6KhgKQBek1jsljJWRDg

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 8:54 AM, RussTCB said:

Episode 9 is out and we're discussing cover songs. I brought up The Spaghetti Incident during the discussion, along with a ton of other great covers. 

Available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, iheartradio, Pocket Casts, CastBox, Stitcher and more 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/08gCrooODDmXBKw9TF9tAK?si=tDV6KhgKQBek1jsljJWRDg

Kinda surprised no one has yelled at me over my comments on The Spaghetti Incident yeti lol

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Kinda surprised no one has yelled at me over my comments on The Spaghetti Incident yeti lol

If your post was supposed to be clickbait, it is working as intended over here! 

You could also consider making one of those youtube thumbnails with the text: He said WHAT about The Spaghetti Incident???!!!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

If your post was supposed to be clickbait, it is working as intended over here! 

You could also consider making one of those youtube thumbnails with the text: He said WHAT about The Spaghetti Incident???!!!

Hahaha....didnt mean it that way, but I totally see what you mean. I should change the name of the thread to "Guns N Roses 'Authority' REVEALS Truth About 'Incident'" :lol:

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:54 AM, RussTCB said:

Another good episode.  I had no idea that There's Always Something There to Remind Me was a cover.  I'll definitely have to check out the Out on The Tiles cover by BM.  I had totally forgotten about their cover of the School House Rock song, it was awesome.  And I'm not surprised Paul Simon likes Elvis' version of Bridge Over...because he pretty much hates Art Garfunkel these days. 😄

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Another good episode.  I had no idea that There's Always Something There to Remind Me was a cover.  I'll definitely have to check out the Out on The Tiles cover by BM.  I had totally forgotten about their cover of the School House Rock song, it was awesome.  And I'm not surprised Paul Simon likes Elvis' version of Bridge Over...because he pretty much hates Art Garfunkel these days. 😄

Thanks for listening man. Next one will be out tomorrow morning :)

Yeah, you need to check out that Zeppelin cover. It's on YouTube. It fucking rocks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, parisrocks said:

Everything gets locked but this thread? Okay.  Anyway, podcast was fun.

Lol, what? There's been two topics locked recently, neither by one and one of which was locked because there's already another thread for the topic. 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:04 PM, RussTCB said:

We had a bunch of listeners suggest that we do bonus episodes in light of the current situation. 

I'm considering a March Madness style tournament for our favorite albums. Any thoughts on that? 

Maybe the initial groups can be based on time period/ genre? Like a group for 90s grunge, a group for 70s prog, etc.?

just an idea.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Maybe the initial groups can be based on time period/ genre? Like a group for 90s grunge, a group for 70s prog, etc.?

just an idea.

I was thinking that, maybe. 

By way of long story, we're not going to start the bonus content until next week but I think this tournament would be a really fun idea. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was thinking that, maybe. 

By way of long story, we're not going to start the bonus content until next week but I think this tournament would be a really fun idea. 

Yeah I think it sounds really cool! Would you guys be doing an audience voting thing for it? Or have you not figured out the details just yet?

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I think it sounds really cool! Would you guys be doing an audience voting thing for it? Or have you not figured out the details just yet?

Haven't figured that out just yet. I'm hoping we can get that ironed out when we record the next main episode this weekend. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this because we just released our latest episode and it's VERY personal to me. I talk about the healing power of music and some of my own personal experiences. 

It's available on all major podcast platforms, here's the Spotify link:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0PHEk5r70bBfFUpXz9bz4h?si=XytXmZeTS-O3aMrBf467nA

Edit- whoops, I linked the wrong episode originally. Should be fixed now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1