Lithorati Podcast - Episode 1 - 2016 Lithograph Review (Part 1)

On 3/1/2020 at 9:23 PM, amaninjapan said:

Part II is available, anybody is still interested :P

Definitely still interested. 

Cant get enough of these. Hope you guys are planning on doing one show for every leg. These are so fun to look back on. Getting a new appreciation for some that I've overlooked in the past.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Definitely still interested. 

Cant get enough of these. Hope you guys are planning on doing one show for every leg. These are so fun to look back on. Getting a new appreciation for some that I've overlooked in the past.

I'm stubborn enough that even if there's zero interest publicly, honestly I'm pretty sure me and my fellow collector friends enjoy it enough to continue doing episodes to cover the rest. It'll take a lot of hours of recording though - I didn't originally intend for the episodes to be this long. I had kinda assumed each leg would be a couple hours tops but the original cut of this 2016 review was over 6 hours - it took a lot of editing to even get it down to 5 hours (2 x 2.5 hour episodes). And that only covers 36 lithos from 2016. In 2017, there were more than 90 lithos... And I'm also inspiring to have some guests on... Let's just say that there's a lot more chatter to come :lol: I'm trying my best to keep it on topic and interesting, but please forgive me if we stray a little from time to time. Even though it would probably make for slightly shorter episodes, I don't want it to always be straight up 100% review-only - I think having some guests on and discussing relevant topics/stories will help keep it a little more entertaining.

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I'm stubborn enough that even if there's zero interest publicly, honestly I'm pretty sure me and my fellow collector friends enjoy it enough to continue doing episodes to cover the rest. It'll take a lot of hours of recording though - I didn't originally intend for the episodes to be this long. I had kinda assumed each leg would be a couple hours tops but the original cut of this 2016 review was over 6 hours - it took a lot of editing to even get it down to 5 hours (2 x 2.5 hour episodes). And that only covers 36 lithos from 2016. In 2017, there were more than 90 lithos... And I'm also inspiring to have some guests on... Let's just say that there's a lot more chatter to come :lol: I'm trying my best to keep it on topic and interesting, but please forgive me if we stray a little from time to time. Even though it would probably make for slightly shorter episodes, I don't want it to always be straight up 100% review-only - I think having some guests on and discussing relevant topics/stories will help keep it a little more entertaining.

If you had to make an educated guess as to how many GNR litho collectors are out there [let's call it 20 or more in their collection], how many people do you think there are?

4 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

If you had to make an educated guess as to how many GNR litho collectors are out there [let's call it 20 or more in their collection], how many people do you think there are?

I don't think i have anywhere close to enough information to make an educated guess on that.

I just go off the number of unique visitors I get to the website every day, which leads me to believe that regardless of how many lithos they might actually have at home, there are thousands who are at least interested in them enough to visit with regularity

• 2 months later...

New Lithorati Podcast Episode! Includes an interview with Arian Buhler

Lithorati Podcast - Episode 2 - Japan 2017 Lithograph Review - We continue the lithograph reviews with this episode focusing on the tour's  brief stop in Japan in 2017. My friend E.T. joins us to share his thoughts and experiences going to a show from this leg, as well as the  trials and tribulations of trying to score merch amongst rabid Japanese GNR fans.   

Arian Buhler also joins us! The fabled lithograph artist himself graces the interview booth for us and is gracious enough to let me ask him question after question about his beautiful tour artwork.   

Timestamps
00:00:00 Introduction
00:05:50 Interview with Guest for Japan 2017 Leg (E.T. from Tokyo)
00:43:58 Osaka
00:58:20 Kobe
01:28:38 Yokohama
01:37:21 Saitama Dragon (Green & Blue)
01:50:42 Tokyo Zilla
01:58:25 Arian Buhler Interview
02:29:25 Outro

• Like 1