Appetite for Distortion - Gilby Clarke speaks The Gospel Truth | Ep. 176

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'd go see Gilby.  I'll be checking out this podcast when I get a chance too.

He said he's not 35 anymore so won't be pounding the clubs. By the sounds he'll just be doing one off shows rather than a tour. I expect LA but maybe you'll hit lucky. I'd be happy if he was the support act for Guns. They might sell a few more tickets to Gilby fans... Just a few but every penny counts to Ticketmaster 

• Like 3

Hey @Gambit83 fantastic interview!  I am really looking forward to Gilby's new album.  He definitely underestimates the demand for his own original work.  

Oh I also noticed you responded to my comment on the thread for your Vicky Hamilton interview :lol:.  First off thanks for reading it even though you don't necessarily agree with it.  I should start by saying I also bought tickets for the Metlife show so I will be there with you!  I agree that there is an 'outline' for the setlist and I will always admit that GNR MUST play the hits.  Jungle, Sweet Child, November Rain, Live and Let Die, etc. must be played.  Its not even a debate even though I've seen many fans try to make it one.  The problem in my opinion is that GNR put on a concert and not a show.  I'll explain what I mean.  Everything is predictable.  You know what's coming from the setlist as well as what each member is going to be doing onstage during each song.  A concert to me is very structured and predictable.  A show is unpredictable.  You don't know what to expect and anything can change from show to show.  For example I saw Sick of it All twice within about a month of each other in late 2019, once at the Bowery Ballroom and once at Bowery Electric.  Both setlists were very different.  Sure they have their staples that they play but everything else was new and both shows were chaotic in their own way and most definitely NOT predictable.  

I know these guys are in their 50's.  I know that youthful energy isn't there anymore.  But this reunion started in 2016 and we've seen no significant change in the set list.  I of course do appreciate any new songs added.  But can't we at least switch up the song order?  I love It's So Easy, but does it need to open every single performance?  As for my comment on needing new music I think that is self-explanatory and I personally think an Axl interview would stoke interest from hardcore and casual fans alike.  That's my opinion.  Keep up the good work!  I LOVED your Michael Alago interview.  He shares my love of metal and hardcore.  I'm thinking of going to Bowery Electric on Friday to meet him.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 29/02/2020 at 8:00 AM, WildStar said:

Awesome interview @Gambit83 Gilby was cool as ever and very open to the questions.

Very cool that Nikki Sixx will be on a tune on his album. If you get a chance to go to a Gilby show grad it as it sounds like the tour won't be big. 

Gilby needs to give Chinese Democracy another few listens. 

why?.

So he can agree that the material on the album wasnt worth splitting the illusion lineup over?. If the material was a groundbreaking album then fine, but its nothing great in my opinion.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

why?.

So he can agree that the material on the album wasnt worth splitting the illusion lineup over?. If the material was a groundbreaking album then fine, but its nothing great in my opinion.

It's a lot to take in with just one listen. So many layers. 

Better, There Was A Time and Madagascar are epic tunes in my opinion. Whack it on your stereo now fella! You know you want to 

• Like 3