POLL: Will Guns N Roses release ANY new music?

Will Guns N’ Roses release any new music?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they're just gonna be a touring band from here on out unfortunately :(

Can't say I blame them when you compare the money they can make from touring against the money they can make from releasing an album. I think releasing a new album would be a pretty big risk and might tarnish their legacy, which could harm future sales for live events.

They don't need to release an album to sell tickets, there's plenty of other ways to do that which won't harm their legacy (eg. Bring back Izzy/Adler/Sorum as a guest, play a new song or two live, reduce the price of tickets, get Axl to do some promo/interviews etc)

46 minutes ago, Towelie said:

What happened to being an artist? I know that ship sailed many years ago for Axl Rose, but I don't understand the fans who refer to the money aspect and say they don't blame Axl for not wanting to do it for that reason. What a shit excuse not to make new music.

There are artists who have to spend their life on the road to make ends meet and rely on Crowdfunding to finance their records and yet still find the motivation to record new music. We admire singers and artists because of their creative output, not because of how financially lucrative their endeavors are.

Axl has more money than he could ever hope to spend in his lifetime. How about doing something creative for the joy of it?

It's Axl Apologism 101 to say you don't blame him for not doing it because there's no money to be made anymore, as if Axl needs to worry about that at this stage.

I didn't intend to imply that Im defending Axls position, just trying to make sense of it all really.

I just think that if my business made $500,000,000 over the last few years I probably wouldn't give a shit about a releasing an album either lol, especially if I've already smashed it with an album like AFD which became a global success. Axl can live out the rest of his life in extreme comfort without the extra hassle of releasing an album if he can't be arsed. He can still write and record music on a daily basis to satisfy his creative needs, but he doesn't need to deal with any potential bullshit that might come from the record label, press or fans :shrugs:

Maybe Axl has enough money to withstand any pressure from the record label? He might expect $10 million minimum to promote a new album whilst the label are only willing to offer $1 million because rock music is basically dead in the music charts. So neither the band or the label will move from their current negotiating position, and they've both got the funds to drag this out for years until one of them is eventually forced into a position of needing to get an album out (or they can find some sucker with too much cash to burn, eg. Best Buy)?

Artists who play the clubs and rely on crowdfunding aren't in the same position as Axl. They don't have any option and have to resort to e-begging or playing wherever they can in order to get their name out there. Axl doesn't have those issues

Edited by downliner

1 hour ago, downliner said:

I didn't intend to imply that Im defending Axls position, just trying to make sense of it all really.

I just think that if my business made $500,000,000 over the last few years I probably wouldn't give a shit about a releasing an album either lol, especially if I've already smashed it with an album like AFD which became a global success. Axl can live out the rest of his life in extreme comfort without the extra hassle of releasing an album if he can't be arsed. He can still write and record music on a daily basis to satisfy his creative needs, but he doesn't need to deal with any potential bullshit that might come from the record label, press or fans :shrugs:

Maybe Axl has enough money to withstand any pressure from the record label? He might expect $10 million minimum to promote a new album whilst the label are only willing to offer $1 million because rock music is basically dead in the music charts. So neither the band or the label will move from their current negotiating position, and they've both got the funds to drag this out for years until one of them is eventually forced into a position of needing to get an album out (or they can find some sucker with too much cash to burn, eg. Best Buy)?

Artists who play the clubs and rely on crowdfunding aren't in the same position as Axl. They don't have any option and have to resort to e-begging or playing wherever they can in order to get their name out there. Axl doesn't have those issues

I would like to know as part of thr original terms and conditions they signed with geffen back in the day how many albums they had to do.

I thought some bands usually have a 5 album deal. If thats the case with gnr, that 5 should be up abd they could either renegotiate a new deal or create their own label, like slash, and have a major label for distribution only.

Gnr are such a household name they dont need much promotion. If they form a touring contract with live nation, LN could promote new album and touring material as part of the deal.

The band can then do separate deals with streaming services. At this stage in the bands existence they should have the creative freedom and control to do things there way.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I would like to know as part of thr original terms and conditions they signed with geffen back in the day how many albums they had to do.

I thought some bands usually have a 5 album deal. If thats the case with gnr, that 5 should be up abd they could either renegotiate a new deal or create their own label, like slash, and have a major label for distribution only.

Gnr are such a household name they dont need much promotion. If they form a touring contract with live nation, LN could promote new album and touring material as part of the deal.

The band can then do separate deals with streaming services. At this stage in the bands existence they should have the creative freedom and control to do things there way.

Agreed - it’s odd that’s still ‘unknown’ how many albums their deal is for. Normally that stuff is out in the media/press as common knowledge.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

New Bond movie will be postponed till the end of the year (Coronavirus)

GNR can use this as an excuse to release new music in 2023. 

they said it's for corona virus but it's more because they didn't have the music for the film !! they change 2 month ago for Hans Zimmer instead Dan Romer

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Not sure if they have the chops to release a full album, but I have it on good authority that a Slashed-up version of Atlas Shrugged (not the one the hoarders have from 3 years ago) is hitting the airwaves very soon.

Who is the 'goood authority'?

54 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Not sure if they have the chops to release a full album, but I have it on good authority that a Slashed-up version of Atlas Shrugged (not the one the hoarders have from 3 years ago) is hitting the airwaves very soon.

By “very soon,” I assume you mean on April 1st, right? ;)

28 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Not inside information but rather a dream I had while I was half asleep. If you dont believe me then I suggest you take some oil of oregano because you might catch a case!

Aww - I was genuinely excited there for a moment until you revealed your source?! 😂

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I too would like to get excited, but this is GNFN'R we're talking about.... 

THATS why I was excited - on the off chance we had finally got to the point where something was being released! The great wait continues......😭

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

A new version of some ancient Chinese song wouldn't be that exciting to begin with. :/

For some it would - would at least show something was happening. Granted it’s the bare minimum but at this juncture, I’d take it.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

For some it would - would at least show something was happening. Granted it’s the bare minimum but at this juncture, I’d take it.

I'd call it the bare minimum as well, so that's probably what we're gonna get (if anything at all). That or Hard School.

To me they are in the best position that they can be in.  It really does not matter if the album sells great or if a single goes to #1. They are in such a great position, that it makes no difference.  They have more money than they can spend, they have such clout and recognition that they could do anything they want.  Anything they did would at least be respected and people would give them credit for still being creative. They would still have to play all the hits at concerts.  It is unreasonable to think a new album would get much radio air play or overshadow appetite.  They could be creative, put out what they want, and not have to worry about what the label wants or demands.  I would think at this point in their careers that they would want to continue to build their legacy and utilize the opportunity to continue being an artist.  

Edited by yourcrazy
Spelling
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

To me they are in the best position that they can be in.  It really does not matter if the album sells great or if a single goes to #1. They are in such a great position, that it makes no difference.  They have more money than they can spend, they have such clout and recognition that they could do anything they want.  Anything they did would at least be respected and people would give them credit for still being creative. They would still have to play all the hits at concerts.  It is unreasonable to think a new album would get much radio air play or overshadow appetite.  They could be creative, put out what they want, and not have to worry about what the label wants or demands.  I would think at this point in their careers that they would want to continue to build their legacy and utilize the opportunity to continue being an artist.  

Irk?! That’s why the lack of new material is starting to get so frustrating!

On 05/03/2020 at 4:19 PM, Coma16 said:

Not inside information but rather a dream I had while I was half asleep. If you dont believe me then I suggest you take some oil of oregano because you might catch a case!

hmmm I am trying to fathom this out...could be a cryptic clue in there:blink: