Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

The more I’m reading about the industry right now, the more likely I think this tour is gonna be cancelled. Lots of insurance companies are withdrawing, upwards of 90%. Musical festivals and events cancelled left and right. I think it’s only a matter of time before Guns pulls the plug and postpones.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The more I’m reading about the industry right now, the more likely I think this tour is gonna be cancelled. Lots of insurance companies are withdrawing, upwards of 90%. Musical festivals and events cancelled left and right. I think it’s only a matter of time before Guns pulls the plug and postpones.

Wonder which TB member will be have to postpone that new yacht they were planning to buy with Axl's tour money?

• Haha 1

Austin cancelled South by southwest.

I see Rocklahoma is still on.

I have so many concerts this year. One of them is outdoors on September 11.

I really hope GNR doesn't cancel their concerts and the other bands I'm seeing.

I have Geoff Tate in a few weeks. I haven't heard anything as yet. The Eagles are coming to Dallas in a few weeks.

This whole virus thing is messing everything up. I know people are dying, but honestly, with all the shit that's in our air on a daily basis it's no surprise these virus infection keep popping up.

I met a woman yesterday in my eye doctor's office and her family was stuck in Paris. She said they closed the Effile Tower and the Louve. she's not sure when they will be able to come back.

And the cruise ships have people getting the virus too. Damn, this is some scary shit.

Stay well people.

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I certainly am not willing to die for Mickey Mouse wheezing his way through a stale set list.

Last time I went to Disney world, it was the rude people you had to worry about and not getting sick. So many rude people this time around. It's not the happiest place on earth anymore. The staff is wonderful, but the people visiting there are just plain rude and think they're shit don't stink.

I liked Universal Studios better.

But since so many people from around the world visit daily, yeah I wouldn't go there right now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

:blink:

I know this virus is scary, but life is a gamble. you never know when you're time will be up? I would not mind dying seeing GNR. If that's my last day on earth I would die happy.

1 hour ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Love this band to death, at least I'd die happy knowing GNR were one of the last things I saw!

I totally agree. I wrote the same thing! :headbang:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Last time I went to Disney world, it was the rude people you had to worry about and not getting sick. So many rude people this time around. It's not the happiest place on earth anymore. The staff is wonderful, but the people visiting there are just plain rude and think they're shit don't stink.

I liked Universal Studios better.

But since so many people from around the world visit daily, yeah I wouldn't go there right now.

What?

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Justin Bieber just downsized a bunch of stadium shows down to arenas. Not sure if that has to do with the virus or weak ticket sales or both, tho.

sounds like they are blaming soft sales on the virus, which :shrugs:

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Justin Bieber just downsized a bunch of stadium shows down to arenas. Not sure if that has to do with the virus or weak ticket sales or both, tho.

accord the Billboard article is for weak ticket sales. I read it yesterday.

8 minutes ago, donny said:

they will soon start cancelling due to poor ticket sales if they can't come up with something new to stimulate the fans

Justin Bieber released recently new music, and now accord the Billboard he downzised of stadiums to arenas.

7 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Justin Bieber released recently new music, and now accord the Billboard he downzised of stadiums to arenas.

I don't even know how to react to such a comparison.

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 3