Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

Austrian government decided that from tomorrow until beginning of April all events with more than 100 (inside) or 500 (outside) persons are cancelled! 

fuck politicians. so I have to go to work (4.000 people there), get there by train (several hundreds) but my leisure time (concerts, football etc) is stolen by the goverment. 

super effective measures, congrats! :vomit:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Not songs released 30 years ago. They had more than enough time over the past four years of nostalgia touring to shake up the setlist more than they have.

So when do you want the songs from? The last ten years? That’s kinda limiting.

1 minute ago, soon said:

And Riki Rachtman prolly does know as much about Public Health as Pence does. lol

Had to google him as I had no idea who he was.....and yeah, taking his advice on public health would be as ludicrous as taking Boris Johnson's advice on racial relations! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They don't want to meet the great-unwashed and risk getting it themselves! 

Fine if everyone else gets it though! 

My opinion is that them should cancelling shows too, not just Meet and Greets. Them not think in people that will attend they shows, just Meet, cause them will meet with with fans and want avoid become themself infected. A bit selfish...

• Like 1

Just now, Ratam said:

My opinion is that them should cancelling shows too, not just Meet and Greets. Them not think in people that will attend they shows, just Meet, cause them will meet with with fans and want avoid become themself infected. A bit selfish...

I'd agree. I think we're seeing money rule over health concerns a lot here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

With each passing day, I care about this band less and less.

My 13 year old self would be uber disappointed in me.

When I was a kid I was so obsessed with this band and now I look back on those days and think “wtf was I thinking?”

i mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m still a big fan (I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t)... but man, I took the obsession to another level when I was a kid! :lol:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Same. For 23 years I wanted a reunion more than anything else in music.. Then we got this half assed reunion with a singer that looks and sounds like shit for the most part. It was good enough at first but now it is tired. Frank still blows, Axl sounds and looks like crap and I would love to flick Melissa off the stage. At least in 2016 Axl still had some jaw dropping moments that helped to make it work. 

Unfortunately for my wallet, as long as Slash is still in the band playing those classic songs I will still be attending the shows. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

36 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

When I was a kid I was so obsessed with this band and now I look back on those days and think “wtf was I thinking?”

i mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m still a big fan (I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t)... but man, I took the obsession to another level when I was a kid! :lol:

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Same. For 23 years I wanted a reunion more than anything else in music.. Then we got this half assed reunion with a singer that looks and sounds like shit for the most part. It was good enough at first but now it is tired. Frank still blows, Axl sounds and looks like crap and I would love to flick Melissa off the stage. At least in 2016 Axl still had some jaw dropping moments that helped to make it work. 

Unfortunately for my wallet, as long as Slash is still in the band playing those classic songs I will still be attending the shows. 

Same here, although I like Melissa. Frank and Axl have ruined it for me. I was way more engaged and excited during the last SMKC tour.

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Them not cancelling shows is a perfect example of how money hungry and selfish they are in 2020. They won’t get sick, so they don’t care- but the thousands of fans going are at very strong risk. 

I was thinking actually - quite a lot of people who have bought tickets might not actually WANT to go anymore. That would be pretty understandable in the circumstances. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I was thinking actually - quite a lot of people who have bought tickets might not actually WANT to go anymore. That would be pretty understandable in the circumstances. 

Least they could do is offer refunds. Not realistic with a band who cares this much about the loot of course.

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Them not cancelling shows is a perfect example of how money hungry and selfish they are in 2020. They won’t get sick, so they don’t care- but the thousands of fans going are at very strong risk. 

Not really. Like they have a bit of older fanbase but I would suspect that most of the concert goers are under 55-60 years old.

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Not really. Like they have a bit of older fanbase but I would suspect that most of the concert goers are under 55-60 years old.

So you’re saying that one person spreading it to potentially hundreds of people who can bring it home to their parents and other people who are 55+ is okay? Not to mention the Guns concerts I’ve been too had plenty of people in that age range. Also people under that age range can still get very sick, even if there are less deaths. But hey, you don’t have to take my word for it, look at the dozens of states and countries that have already banned public get togethers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Well, it's not really that. I'm not especially worried about the coronavirus myself - I'm pretty healthy and could deal with it. I'm very worried about my elderly and young relatives getting it though...and I would do anything possible to prevent myself from passing it on to them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

So you’re saying that one person spreading it to potentially hundreds of people who can bring it home to their parents and other people who are 55+ is okay? Not to mention the Guns concerts I’ve been too had plenty of people in that age range. Also people under that age range can still get very sick, even if there are less deaths. But hey, you don’t have to take my word for it, look at the dozens of states and countries that have already banned public get togethers. 

If you're going to think like that then why not just close down public transit systems?

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Well, it's not really that. I'm not especially worried about the coronavirus myself - I'm pretty healthy and could deal with it. I'm very worried about my elderly and young relatives getting it though...and I would do anything possible to prevent myself from passing it on to them. 

Fair enough. Sounds like you dont plan on visiting grocery stores, or really leaving your home, for next few months? Thank goodness for online shopping!

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

If you're going to think like that then why not just close down public transit systems?

Fair enough. Sounds like you dont plan on visiting grocery stores, or really leaving your home, for next few months? Thank goodness for online shopping!

That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. I'm not too sure how being concerned about passing a virus on to elderdy and young relatives would prompt such a response. 

Obviously most people are taking precautions. Some people might see attending large public events as an unnecessary risk they don't want to take. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1