Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

Just now, Gnrcane said:

You don't need to let the WHO know.  Read what the head of the WHO said yesterday.  The Italian government is doing what government's do.  Trying to show their people that they are "doing all they can to protect them" even if the actions don't really have the desired effect.  The WHO has stated that this virus has caused almost no serious cases among children so schools are the last place that really need to be closed.

Glad to get that cleared up. 

It's great to have someone posting here that knows more than governments and professional medical experts do.

Drop the Italians a line and let them know they don't need to worry. They'll be super-grateful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Glad to get that cleared up. 

It's great to have someone posting here that knows more than governments and professional medical experts do.

Drop the Italians a line and let them know they don't need to worry. They'll be super-grateful. 

I am referencing the professional medical experts.  Feel free to panic if you want.  Feel free to keep responding with sarcasm.  This is not the apocalypse.  The head of the WHO has stated that there has been very little asymptomatic transmission which means that if you just keep people with symptoms isolated until they are tested and continue to isolate them if they test positive, the spread will be slowed drastically.  No need for extreme measures like banning gatherings or closing schools.  That, and wash your hands frequently/properly and don't touch your face.

Again, I understand that the Chinese government took extreme measures in Huwai Province.  However, even if all of the cases in China were in that province, less than 0.13% of the population of the province were infected.  At least 9.7% of the US population has been infected with influenza since the current flu season began.  That is with the flu shot being widely available.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I am referencing the professional medical experts.  Feel free to panic if you want.  Feel free to keep responding with sarcasm.  This is not the apocalypse.  The head of the WHO has stated that there has been very little asymptomatic transmission which means that if you just keep people with symptoms isolated until they are tested and continue to isolate them if they test positive, the spread will be slowed drastically.  No need for extreme measures like banning gatherings or closing schools.  That, and wash your hands frequently/properly and don't touch your face.

Again, I understand that the Chinese government took extreme measures in Huwai Province.  However, even if all of the cases in China were in that province, less than 0.13% of the population of the province were infected.  At least 9.7% of the US population has been infected with influenza since the current flu season began.  That is with the flu shot being widely available.

You're really not referencing 'professional medical experts' though are you? You're suggesting (via some rather judicious paraphasing and being selective) that coronavirus isn't a problem, and that containment measures are unnecessary. The world seems to disagree with you on this! 

No one here is 'panicing'. We're all just discussing the news, and what is actually happening, and whether it will mean the GNR tour is cancelled. Which seems a distinct possibility.   

I think we'd all be total lunatics though to take the word of someone posting on a GNR forum regarding medical issues than official government and expert policies, don't you? 

Ultimately, as unfortunate as it may be for you, your opinions on the coronavirus are pretty irrelevant. Whether you think Italy should have closed it's schools or France should have banned mass gatherings, or that the UK doesn't need to have an emergency Cobra meeting, or that Washington doesn't need to have declared a state of emergency, or that flights to Italy don't need to have been suspended etc etc. It really doesn't matter. These things are happening. 

You HAVE to be trolling if you think people are going to take your opinions over these facts, right?! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Given the venues, I'm pretty sure that couldn't happen - the gap for them being used for things like concerts rather than the sports they're designed for is pretty small. 

Not true. Tours have already been cancelled, and countries such as France have a current ban on any event for over 5,000 people. 

Ah yeah. That’s a good point about the venues. Didn’t think about that!

They could always delay it an entire year, though. Ozzy did that (before canceling his shoes altogether).

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Ah yeah. That’s a good point about the venues. Didn’t think about that!

They could always delay it an entire year, though. Ozzy did that (before canceling his shoes altogether).

They could indeed! What a grim thought! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You're really not referencing 'professional medical experts' though are you? You're suggesting (via some rather judicious paraphasing and being selective) that coronavirus isn't a problem, and that containment measures are unnecessary. The world seems to disagree with you on this! 

No one here is 'panicing'. We're all just discussing the news, and what is actually happening, and whether it will mean the GNR tour is cancelled. Which seems a distinct possibility.   

I think we'd all be total lunatics though to take the word of someone posting on a GNR forum regarding medical issues than official government and expert policies, don't you? 

Ultimately, as unfortunate as it may be for you, your opinions on the coronavirus are pretty irrelevant. Whether you think Italy should have closed it's schools or France should have banned mass gatherings, or that the UK doesn't need to have an emergency Cobra meeting, or that Washington doesn't need to have declared a state of emergency, or that flights to Italy don't need to have been suspended etc etc. It really doesn't matter. These things are happening. 

You HAVE to be trolling if you think people are going to take your opinions over these facts, right?! 

No one is saying it isn't a problem. But it certainly isn't some biblical plague that people are trying to hype it up to be.

The outbreak is already contained in the worst impacted areas as they've tackled it head on. 

Some of the EU shows may be postponed if serious complications were to develop, but as of now they go ahead fine. 

56 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Mariah Carey postponed (not cancelled) A SHOW (not her 2020 "shows") in Hawaii until November.

If GNR cancels anything it might be blamed on COVID-19 but it won't be "due" to it.  

Everybody needs to relax.  This outbreak is being WAY overblown.  Granted China took some extreme measures but they have nearly eliminated the spread in about a month.  It isn't that contagious and it isn't all that deadly unless you are elderly or have underlying issues.  Even with the flu shot available, the seasonal flu is a MUCH bigger and MUCH deadlier (in total, not mortality rate) public health issue.  We don't ban gatherings of over 5000 (how on earth did they determine that 4999 was OK, but 5000 is bad) for the whole flu season.

Dude, the mortality rate is EXACTLY why people are taking this seriously.  The entire world is trying to figure out how to fight this.  Now you know why large gatherings are being limited.  If this thing spreads dramatically it is more likely to kill than the seasonal flu.  It has the opportunity to be much deadlier in terms of rate AND total cases.  It's not that hard to understand why there is concern.  

• Like 2

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

No one is saying it isn't a problem. But it certainly isn't some biblical plague that people are trying to hype it up to be.

The outbreak is already contained in the worst impacted areas as they've tackled it head on. 

Some of the EU shows may be postponed if serious complications were to develop, but as of now they go ahead fine. 

Isn't that the debate? Whether they might be postponed?! 

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone here! 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Isn't that the debate? Whether they might be postponed?! 

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone here! 

Well no the actual topic is if shows will be cancelled (and blamed on the virus as opposed to attendance).

But as it stands the shows will go ahead.

And the US dates are all selling in line with similar scale tours, so we can assume they're on track to be a success.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Well no the actual topic is if shows will be cancelled (and blamed on the virus as opposed to attendance).

But as it stands the shows will go ahead.

And the US dates are all selling in line with similar scale tours, so we can assume they're on track to be a success.

NURSE!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

No they are not going to cancel the tour

Can't wait for the show in Boston Gonna be awesome to see my favorite band again gonna be fun

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The fact about five people had bought tickets being neither here nor there. 

Shows are 5 months away and people don't usually pay until like 2 weeks before. There is no factual evidence for the tour needing to be canceled. People want it to be cancelled so they can shit on the band more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No they are not going to cancel the tour

Can't wait for the show in Boston Gonna be awesome to see my favorite band again gonna be fun

It will almost certainly be cancelled. The Italians are now going to play their sporting events behind closed doors - breaking news. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It will almost certainly be cancelled. The Italians are now going to play their sporting events behind closed doors. 

Again no it won't and there is no factual basis for it.  Postponed maybe but wait and see they are gonna see similar attendance to the other tours.  That would be a huge  mistake and everyone loses money. Its not just GNR who gets it. Its all the people in the crew who depend on working these tours. The riggers drivers etc. 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again no it won't and there is no factual basis for it to be postponed maybe wait and see they are gonna see similar attendance to the other tours.  That would be a huge  mistake and everyone loses money. Its not just GNR who gets it. Its all the people in the crew who depend on working these tours. The riggers drivers etc. 

What 'factual basis' are you after with this? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What 'factual basis' are you after with this? 

You do know that GNR pays the crew? If you know anything about the touring industry you would know this. People are just wanting the shows to be canceled so they have imaginary victory points in their head and act like they brought GNR down. The fact is everything will go on as planned. The only shows that have any chance of being cancelled or postponed are the Italian ones where the outbreak is much much worse.  Everything else will go on Tickets are gonna sell fine and people will go back bitching about GNR when they have no factual basis on their opinions. Many of these communities in Europe depend on the touring industry.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

You do know that GNR pays the crew? If you know anything about the touring industry you would know this. People are just wanting the shows to be cancelled so they have imaginary victory points in their head and act like they brought GNR down. Fact is everything will go on as planned. The only shows that have any chance of being cancelled or postponed are the Italian ones where the outbreak is much much worse.  Everything else will go on. Tickets are gonna sell fine and people will go back bitching about GNR when they have no factual basis on their opinons

Don't worry. You have your virus to spin it.

God I hope not. I have a concert every month except for May and June this year and I want to see everyone of these concerts especially GNR and KISS and Poison, Def Leppard and Motley Crue.

The flu is still around killing people and no one has cancelled any events here in Texas yet.

I would hate for this virus to fuck up all my plans.

People need to just go on with their lives. I mean we could all die from something else worrying about this virus.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

You do know that GNR pays the crew? If you know anything about the touring industry you would know this. People are just wanting the shows to be canceled so they have imaginary victory points in their head and act like they brought GNR down. The fact is everything will go on as planned. The only shows that have any chance of being cancelled or postponed are the Italian ones where the outbreak is much much worse.  Everything else will go on Tickets are gonna sell fine and people will go back bitching about GNR when they have no factual basis on their opinions. Many of these communities in Europe depend on the touring industry.

What are you on about? 

Of course I know that the crew get paid. 

It isn't a 'fact' that everything will go as planned at all. It might do. It might get cancelled. 

Edited by allwaystired

I don't exactly remember when the swine flu out break was but there was a horror convention here in Dallas. Some of the actors wore gloves and masks and didn't take pictures with fans, but they were still there to sign autographs.

The swine flu didn't stop thousands of fans from showing up including my mom and I.

The point is you take chances but don't be stupid about it. There will always be some disease out there, just hope and pray we stay healthy.