Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. I'm not too sure how being concerned about passing a virus on to elderdy and young relatives would prompt such a response. 

Obviously most people are taking precautions. Some people might see attending large public events as an unnecessary risk they don't want to take. 

I'm saying that attending a concert is no worse than taking public transit, or going shopping. Seems very reactionary and illogical to not go to one thing but then expose yourself to a variety of other ways.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I'm saying that attending a concert is no worse than taking public transit, or going shopping. Seems very reactionary and illogical to not go to one thing but then expose yourself to a variety of other ways.

Well I'm not sure about that one. I'm going to be exposed to a lot more coughing, sneezing etc in a packed crowd that I will be going to the shops. 

There's also the 'necessity thing' here. Do people need to eat? Sure. So you've got to take the risk of going shopping etc. Do they need to go to a concert? Nope. A lot of people aren't going to want unnecessary risks. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gavin82 said:

Had an Email from TM for GnR London saying they have not printed the tixs & still working on a few other things before they can print them

To be fair, that's pretty usual for them. They do tend to send tickets out very late for big events now. 

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well I'm not sure about that one. I'm going to be exposed to a lot more coughing, sneezing etc in a packed crowd that I will be going to the shops. 

There's also the 'necessity thing' here. Do people need to eat? Sure. So you've got to take the risk of going shopping etc. Do they need to go to a concert? Nope. A lot of people aren't going to want unnecessary risks. 

Yes, authorities here are saying in a concert you're there for hours, exposed to many people at the same time. 

I'm just trying to stay in as much as possible.

Here they are requesting 'social distancing' which is to stand a step further away than normal from someone you are talking to. No hand shakes, etc. I can do those things at the grocery store. I can't social distance at a show.

Also no one has ever tripped and spilled their beer into my face at the grocery store...

• Like 1

So China is finally lifting some of the lockdown restrictions on Wuhan/Hubei , so that has roughly taken 45 days. That is with one of the harshest crackdowns we've ever seen and huge measures by a near dictorship state to swing it around.

Europe is only doing China Lite at the moment, so its probably safe to assume its going to take longer than that and it is suspected that alot of other countries may have to put in similar restrictions in the next few weeks.

I suspect at least the first half of the leg has to be doubtful right now, may as well reschedule the whole Euro tour for next year at this point.

54 minutes ago, soon said:

Here they are requesting 'social distancing' which is to stand a step further away than normal from someone you are talking to. No hand shakes, etc. I can do those things at the grocery store. I can't social distance at a show.

Also no one has ever tripped and spilled their beer into my face at the grocery store...

You're going to the wrong grocery store.😄

• Haha 4