AxlRoseCDII

Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

So you’re saying that one person spreading it to potentially hundreds of people who can bring it home to their parents and other people who are 55+ is okay? Not to mention the Guns concerts I’ve been too had plenty of people in that age range. Also people under that age range can still get very sick, even if there are less deaths. But hey, you don’t have to take my word for it, look at the dozens of states and countries that have already banned public get togethers. 

If you're going to think like that then why not just close down public transit systems?

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Well, it's not really that. I'm not especially worried about the coronavirus myself - I'm pretty healthy and could deal with it. I'm very worried about my elderly and young relatives getting it though...and I would do anything possible to prevent myself from passing it on to them. 

Fair enough. Sounds like you dont plan on visiting grocery stores, or really leaving your home, for next few months? Thank goodness for online shopping!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

If you're going to think like that then why not just close down public transit systems?

Fair enough. Sounds like you dont plan on visiting grocery stores, or really leaving your home, for next few months? Thank goodness for online shopping!

That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. I'm not too sure how being concerned about passing a virus on to elderdy and young relatives would prompt such a response. 

Obviously most people are taking precautions. Some people might see attending large public events as an unnecessary risk they don't want to take. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. I'm not too sure how being concerned about passing a virus on to elderdy and young relatives would prompt such a response. 

Obviously most people are taking precautions. Some people might see attending large public events as an unnecessary risk they don't want to take. 

I'm saying that attending a concert is no worse than taking public transit, or going shopping. Seems very reactionary and illogical to not go to one thing but then expose yourself to a variety of other ways.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

:lol::blink:

We will see who is correct then....

6 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

GNR is not in Europe till May

I’m really hoping this virus will be gone by then 🙏🏼

3 minutes ago, RocketTess said:

I’m really hoping this virus will be gone by then 🙏🏼

Experts are saying the most infections will be between June and august. 

4 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

In Europe you mean? Or worldwide? Either way, that’s not good for the tour. :/

20 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I'm saying that attending a concert is no worse than taking public transit, or going shopping. Seems very reactionary and illogical to not go to one thing but then expose yourself to a variety of other ways.

Well I'm not sure about that one. I'm going to be exposed to a lot more coughing, sneezing etc in a packed crowd that I will be going to the shops. 

There's also the 'necessity thing' here. Do people need to eat? Sure. So you've got to take the risk of going shopping etc. Do they need to go to a concert? Nope. A lot of people aren't going to want unnecessary risks. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

In europe

Damn. Then yeah the euro leg might get delayed. Do you know when the peak for the United States is expected?

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

We will see who is correct then....

I'm pretty sure he's trolling at this point (see my earlier 'conversations' with him!) 

10 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I read similar. They want it to peak then when health services are experiencing their lowest demand apparently. 

Had an Email from TM for GnR London saying they have not printed the tixs & still working on a few other things before they can print them

And then from June onwards you’ve got the record breaking hot temperatures of a global warming summer to contend with while suffering a fever. It’s gonna be borderline unbearable.

1 minute ago, Gavin82 said:

Had an Email from TM for GnR London saying they have not printed the tixs & still working on a few other things before they can print them

To be fair, that's pretty usual for them. They do tend to send tickets out very late for big events now. 

2 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Hmm, well that doesnt bode well.

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well I'm not sure about that one. I'm going to be exposed to a lot more coughing, sneezing etc in a packed crowd that I will be going to the shops. 

There's also the 'necessity thing' here. Do people need to eat? Sure. So you've got to take the risk of going shopping etc. Do they need to go to a concert? Nope. A lot of people aren't going to want unnecessary risks. 

Yes, authorities here are saying in a concert you're there for hours, exposed to many people at the same time. 

I'm just trying to stay in as much as possible.

Here they are requesting 'social distancing' which is to stand a step further away than normal from someone you are talking to. No hand shakes, etc. I can do those things at the grocery store. I can't social distance at a show.

Also no one has ever tripped and spilled their beer into my face at the grocery store...

• Like 1

So China is finally lifting some of the lockdown restrictions on Wuhan/Hubei , so that has roughly taken 45 days. That is with one of the harshest crackdowns we've ever seen and huge measures by a near dictorship state to swing it around.

Europe is only doing China Lite at the moment, so its probably safe to assume its going to take longer than that and it is suspected that alot of other countries may have to put in similar restrictions in the next few weeks.

I suspect at least the first half of the leg has to be doubtful right now, may as well reschedule the whole Euro tour for next year at this point.