Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

24 minutes ago, Gianluca87 said:

i live in an ultra red zone here in italy, very near Codogno Lombardia.

the situation is drammatic, i work at home, i stay all day at home (except for buy somethibg to eat/drink and for Street bike training).

i've never seen so many ambulance in my life, our hospital are full.

GN'R will cancelled the tour very soon. no hope

Gosh I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation.

Edited by DurhamGirl
took a word out

50 minutes ago, Gianluca87 said:

i live in an ultra red zone here in italy, very near Codogno Lombardia.

the situation is drammatic, i work at home, i stay all day at home (except for buy somethibg to eat/drink and for Street bike training).

i've never seen so many ambulance in my life, our hospital are full.

GN'R will cancelled the tour very soon. no hope

36 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

good morning from the quarantine.

no job, no friends, no money, no leisure. 

I'd rather die of Corona than starvation

Stay safe folks 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am watching a scientist being interviewed by Joe Rogan.   If what he is saying is true then we ALL need to be aware of what we are doing, he said there is much misinformation  and that in fact this virus is going to be much more worse than we are being told.

1 It is around 15 times worse than the flue and in a few more months there are going to be a high amount of deaths.

2 It is NOT an oldg peoples illness, it seems like it is as this is just the begining and the first to die are those with other underlyiing problems.

and lots more, if you get the chance watch this Joe Rogan programme

One scientist on Joe Rogan's show is not the be all, end all expert.

The only way to draw any significant conclusions about the mortality rate is to look to the data out of South Korea. They are the only country that has done mass testing so they are the only country finding a high percentage of mild and asymptomatic cases.

While many younger people in South Korea are among those that tested positive, the fatality rate for young people is 0.1% or less. For 80+ it is 3.8%. This is far lower than the rate coming out of earlier, worldwide analysis.

Yes, it is more deadly than the flu. The reality is probably somewhere around 3-5 times. No, it isn't a "nothing burger." It is also not Armageddon.

With respect to China, as long as they put protocols in place to test people with symptoms and isolate them if they test positive, the spread will be controlled when they get back to normal. It won't be zero cases but it will be manageable and not turn into an epidemic again.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

One scientist on Joe Rogan's show is not the be all, end all expert.

The only way to draw any significant conclusions about the mortality rate is to look to the data out of South Korea. They are the only country that has done mass testing so they are the only country finding a high percentage of mild and asymptomatic cases.

While many younger people in South Korea are among those that tested positive, the fatality rate for young people is 0.1% or less. For 80+ it is 3.8%. This is far lower than the rate coming out of earlier, worldwide analysis.

Yes, it is more deadly than the flu. The reality is probably somewhere around 3-5 times. No, it isn't a "nothing burger." It is also not Armageddon.

With respect to China, as long as they put protocols in place to test people with symptoms and isolate them if they test positive, the spread will be controlled when they get back to normal. It won't be zero cases but it will be manageable and not turn into an epidemic again.

Interesting, no I am well aware one needs to research more than one source, which I have done and I did find this particular scientist interesting but still inconclusive.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If we see the same development of the epidemic in Europe as we are seeing in China, there will be no reason to cancel the European tour. 

The situation in China and Korea  does seem to have subsided somewhat. 

Hopefully we see the same course elsewhere.

With the peak expected in May/early June we'll have to see what the response is from the impacted countries.

Here's hoping though.

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am watching a scientist being interviewed by Joe Rogan.   If what he is saying is true

Well lets take a wild guess as to if it's true or not (hint: it's not)

30 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Agreed, however it is worth noting that out of the global case closed, the figure has hoovered around 6% now for the last 7-10 days and really hasn't shifted all that much. Each country will be different of course but the fact we've now had 70,000 cases closed, and we are still sitting at 6% is more than a little worrying, especially as 70,000 is a statistically quite large number, certainly large enough to start to make some basic assumptions. One of them being South Korea is a heck of an anomaly on the global stage, as is Germany. Worth also noting that SK has A huge amount of active cases still (I think they only offically have 330 cases which are regarded as closed) and it maybe there may end up being an increase in that mortality rates there.

Also, Europe isn't doing anything near as much as China did to shut it down, its a good start, but China literally locked everything down, stopped people from leaving their house. You can still fly out of Italy to quite a few countries, still go to work, still travel to a limited extent for reasons. BIG differences to China, which had an utter 0 tolerence to that.

Edited by koldbeer2

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

I am a family counsellor, who visits families in their homes. One of my clients got tested today. Tomorrow we'll know more.:nervous:

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, koldbeer2 said:

Agreed, however it is worth noting that out of the global case closed, the figure has hoovered around 6% now for the last 7-10 days and really hasn't shifted all that much. Each country will be different of course but the fact we've now had 70,000 cases closed, and we are still sitting at 6% is more than a little worrying, especially as 70,000 is a statistically quite large number, certainly large enough to start to make some basic assumptions. One of them being South Korea is a heck of an anomaly on the global stage, as is Germany. Worth also noting that SK has A huge amount of active cases still (I think they only offically have 330 cases which are regarded as closed) and it maybe there may end up being an increase in that mortality rates there.

Also, Europe isn't doing anything near as much as China did to shut it down, its a good start, but China literally locked everything down, stopped people from leaving their house. You can still fly out of Italy to quite a few countries, still go to work, still travel to a limited extent for reasons. BIG differences to China, which had an utter 0 tolerence to that.

The data on closed cases is based on confirmed cases. Nowhere outside of South Korea has done enough mass testing to find the mild/asymptomatic cases on a large scale. Essentially the death rate is being played with a stacked deck of people who were tested because they had serious enough symptoms to seek medical attention in the first place.

The only way to actually stop the spread would be to lock down the entire world for 4-6 weeks. If you did that, far more people would die of starvation from food supply shortages and the resulting global super depression than would die if you just let this run rampantly and run its course.

To me, who is certainly not an infectious disease expert, I would think the best course of action is massive testing of the whole population so that everyone that tests positive can be isolated. Even with all the publicity and guidelines, many people that get a mild cough or low grade fever will not see a doctor.

My view on this has changed a lot over the past few weeks - I'm now starting to feel that it's a little selfish of tours NOT to cancel. It's essentially asking people to put themselves at an unnecessary  risk they may not be comfortable with.....or waste the money they've spent on tickets. 

A concert is totally expendable - I understand it provides money for crew, staff etc, but does that override the potential health risk (taking aside the fact there may well be insurance payouts for these things - I know nothing about all that). 

Anyone else moving towards this view? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It's weird Guns haven't announced the cancellation for Costa Rica yet

I think it's pretty telling to be honest that no-one seems to have even found time to remove the date from the tour listings on their website, let alone announce it in the 'news section'. 

Seriously - how hard is that? It's the basic bare minimum to do surely? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

From somebody who is not in a hot zone in the USA, I agree with what you say.  What is the point of life if you have to live like that?  The world has gone insane.

I get that the fatality rate is higher than the flu but the fact remains that the flu kills several hundred thousand people a year and, other than encouraging the flu shot that is only partially effective, nothing is really done to prevent it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

My view on this has changed a lot over the past few weeks - I'm now starting to feel that it's a little selfish of tours NOT to cancel. It's essentially asking people to put themselves at an unnecessary  risk they may not be comfortable with.....or waste the money they've spent on tickets. 

A concert is totally expendable - I understand it provides money for crew, staff etc, but does that override the potential health risk (taking aside the fact there may well be insurance payouts for these things - I know nothing about all that). 

Anyone else moving towards this view? 

Yup. That thought had crossed my mind just last night, actually.

5 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

From somebody who is not in a hot zone in the USA, I agree with what you say.  What is the point of life if you have to live like that?  The world has gone insane.

I get that the fatality rate is higher than the flu but the fact remains that the flu kills several hundred thousand people a year and, other than encouraging the flu shot that is only partially effective, nothing is really done to prevent it.

I think for younger people it really is a minimal risk, especially for children. Its really the older generation where it is a genuine risk. I think what is worrying people is there is no cure, with the flu at least you can reduce your risk of catching it. Its the fear of the unknown that worries people I suppose!

I wouldn't cancel GnR SA tour yet, not enough cases down there and given the places they are going to are fairly warm, I think that would be ok. However Europe may still be in that peak period come May-June when GnR are coming over, hopefully on the downward trend though! My best guess, the Euro leg is cancelled.

Edited by koldbeer2

Just now, koldbeer2 said:

I think for younger people it really is a minimal risk, especially for children. Its really the older generation where it is a genuine risk. I think what is worrying people is there is no cure, with the flu at least you can reduce your risk of catching it. Its the fear of the unknown that worries people I suppose!

You are right about the fear of the unknown causing this insane panic.  In a way there is a cure.  The human immune system.  At least 94% (over 99% with the better data from South Korea) of people that become infected cure themselves.  If the media reported it that way instead of doing a death watch like the cannon in The Hunger Games, maybe people would calm down a little bit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

You are right about the fear of the unknown causing this insane panic.  In a way there is a cure.  The human immune system.  At least 94% (over 99% with the better data from South Korea) of people that become infected cure themselves.  If the media reported it that way instead of doing a death watch like the cannon in The Hunger Games, maybe people would calm down a little bit.

This isn't really the point or the issue. I'm not worried about dying from it myself. I am concerned that my folks will get it who are in their late 70s with a few health issues.   Not everything is all about just you. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Hm, staying inside for a limited amount of time or possibly end up in an overcrowded hospital in need of a ventilator? What a dilemma.

Or not. Well, for me it's not anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This isn't really the point or the issue. I'm not worried about dying from it myself. I am concerned that my folks will get it who are in their late 70s with a few health issues.   Not everything is all about just you. 

This is exactly the point I find incomprehensible about some people's attitudes. I suppose it's a sign of the selfish times we live in, and the selfish leaders we've elected, but it's incredible really. 

The 'oh, well I'm fine, it's only really a risk for older people or those with underlying health difficulties' attitude is absolutely insane. It's like empathy and an ability to see how actions impact on others are alien concepts. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

And society has an obligation to try and protect everyone. Not just the young and healthy. That’s what these measures are really about 

• Like 3