Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

Just now, Millions said:

I'll be honest - I have a ticket to see them in London in May, but if the tour is cancelled because of this virus, I would be delighted..... as long as they use the time to get busy in the studio. 

Spoiler: One of these outcomes is more likely than the other.......

• Haha 3

I hope the Euro tour survives somehow....Scotland has NEVER had GNR with both Axl and Slash in the group! I could see a scenario where they don’t make it back....just hope we find ourselves in a place where it’s safe and the gig can go ahead.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Kinda surprised that the Costa Rican president enforced such a strict ban at such an immediate rate when, according to this data, they’re not in too bad of shape right now. Guess they must be thinking “better safe than sorry.”

EDIT: on second thought, you can say the same about a lot of countries that have been enforcing strict bans, like Portugal and Germany. I keep forgetting that a lot of these countries are smaller too, so just because the numbers don’t SEEM big doesn’t mean they really aren’t (relative to those specific countries, that is). Also, these are all only confirmed cases (there’s undoubtedly plenty of unconfirmed cases in each of these countries too).

Edited by rocknroll41

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Kinda surprised that the Costa Rican president enforced such a strict ban at such an immediate rate when, according to this data, they’re not in too bad of shape right now. Guess they must be thinking “better safe than sorry.”

EDIT: on second thought, you can say the same about a lot of countries that have been enforcing strict bans, like Portugal and Germany. I keep forgetting that a lot of these countries are smaller too, so just because the numbers don’t SEEM big doesn’t mean they really aren’t (relative to those specific countries, that is). Also, these are all only confirmed cases (there’s undoubtedly plenty of unconfirmed cases in each of these countries too).

Costa Rica did the right thing. We are countries with limited access to Intensive Care and ventilators.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Costa Rica did the right thing. We are countries with limited access to Intensive Care and ventilators.

Yeah that’s another factor that I hadn’t considered initially. Not every country has the same set of resources.

24 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I hope the Euro tour survives somehow....Scotland has NEVER had GNR with both Axl and Slash in the group! I could see a scenario where they don’t make it back....just hope we find ourselves in a place where it’s safe and the gig can go ahead.

It's a later show in the tour, so could be ok.

A lot of big shows are still currently on in the UK. Will be interesting to see how that develops though.

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, I can't imagine a country like Mexico only having like 8 cases. People probably just stay at home and cure themselves without telling the officials. 

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, I can't imagine a country like Mexico only having like 8 cases. People probably just stay at home and cure themselves without telling the officials. 

Yeah the thought has already crossed my mind that if I start to feel sick I’d probably just stay home for several weeks taking standard flu meds, rather than going to the doctor. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what plenty of people are doing.

Costa Rica has been postponed on the direction of the government. Told people to hold on to tickets for a new date later this year.

" GNR fam, the Costa Rica show has been postponed due to direction from the government. It will be rescheduled for later in the year so hold on to your tickets. 🇨🇷 "

Edited by DPR714
update

2 hours ago, lilacmess said:

I am a family counsellor, who visits families in their homes. One of my clients got tested today. Tomorrow we'll know more.:nervous:

FINGERS CROSSED! 

37 minutes ago, jamillos said:

This.

and for sure a lot of other countries!

2 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

Costa Rica has been postponed on the direction of the government. Told people to hold on to tickets for a new date later this year.

Really? I'd be surprised at that. I can't see them flying all the stuff back for a one-off show sometime in September/October. Would the stadium even be free then? 

Just now, allwaystired said:

Really? I'd be surprised at that. I can't see them flying all the stuff back for a one-off show sometime in September/October. Would the stadium even be free then? 

Yes, it was just announced a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The last date of the NA leg is in late August. Still plenty of time till the end of the year to add Costa Rica in there somewhere (and for that matter, any other date that may get cancelled/postponed - that is, unless it's a whole leg). Everything is up in the air and changing literally by the hour. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Millions said:

I'll be honest - I have a ticket to see them in London in May, but if the tour is cancelled because of this virus, I would be delighted..... as long as they use the time to get busy in the studio. 

Sure they will:lol:.. just remember what band we follow here:facepalm:

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I hope so too it’ll be my first time seeing GNR so I’ll be gutted if the show is cancelled. But it’ll be understandable if it does get cancelled 

20 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

I hope so too it’ll be my first time seeing GNR so I’ll be gutted if the show is cancelled. But it’ll be understandable if it does get cancelled 

Oh - same here mate. Saw then in London in ‘17 but to see them in your own country would be amazing. Fingers crossed that either it goes ahead OR it does get rescheduled. 👍

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

The situation in China and Korea  does seem to have subsided somewhat. 

Hopefully we see the same course elsewhere.

With the peak expected in May/early June we'll have to see what the response is from the impacted countries.

Here's hoping though.

Well lets take a wild guess as to if it's true or not (hint: it's not)

How did you make that assessment. That scientist has worked all his life in this field of work and has studied viruses of all kinds. I watched the interview, he seemed pretty balanced and matter of fact, rather than scaremongering or head of the tinfoil brigade.

• Like 1