Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I like how they avoid mentioning anything about the virus. I guess they don't want to instill any fear in the rest of the people going to the rest of the shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VeeR said:

I like how they avoid mentioning anything about the virus. I guess they don't want to instill any fear in the rest of the people going to the rest of the shows.

Yep....being worried about it impacting on ticket sales is probably the biggest part of it. 

29 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

How did you make that assessment. That scientist has worked all his life in this field of work and has studied viruses of all kinds. I watched the interview, he seemed pretty balanced and matter of fact, rather than scaremongering or head of the tinfoil brigade.

He's on the Joe Rogan podcast...

That's enough to know he's a bit of a quack.

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Guys they are to hungry for money to cancel it

If anything, they will postpone it

And remember that health is the most important thing

Why would they cancel them?

At worst they'd postpone them to later in the year/next year.

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

He's on the Joe Rogan podcast...

That's enough to know he's a bit of a quack.

Why would they cancel them?

At worst they'd postpone them to later in the year/next year.

Not my quote, so not sure why you've attributed it to me! 

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

No idea, the system seems to have done it.

Weird! Ah well. 

To answer the question though - postponement becomes pretty difficult I think when the venues aren't out of season sports buildings. It would have to be postponed for a year I'd presume....and I have no idea how far in advance other acts 'hold' the venue (i.e. next years gig slots could already be taken). 

Just been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. 

Some interesting quotes from the announcement, that stare pretty clearly that governments need to wake up and take more action.....

"Several countries have demonstrated that this virus can be suppressed and controlled," he said.

"The challenge for many countries who are now dealing with large clusters or community transmission is not whether they can do the same - it's whether they will."

• Like 1

Can't wait for the revisionist fantasy if everything is cancelled. "They were planning on releasing an album in 2020, but the tour was cancelled and Slash already had Conspirators stuff lined up for 2021..." Just like CD II would have come out in 2016 if only Ron and Tommy hadn't left poor Axl. Why do these "unforeseen circumstances" haunt this band so?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

uh? :blink:

China and Korea, 

Not to mention the countries with little to no cases.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

To answer the question though - postponement becomes pretty difficult I think when the venues aren't out of season sports buildings. It would have to be postponed for a year I'd presume....and I have no idea how far in advance other acts 'hold' the venue (i.e. next years gig slots could already be taken). 

True but they could definitely do it for a tour of this scale.

Coachella moved to October, so we could see some dates getting put around then.

Worst case they'd put them to 2021

5 hours ago, Lio said:

Hm, staying inside for a limited amount of time or possibly end up in an overcrowded hospital in need of a ventilator? What a dilemma.

Or not. Well, for me it's not anyway.

Outside of the high risk groups you are far less likely to catch this and end up on a ventilator than you are to end up on a ventilator on any given day by chance and bad luck. That's even try if you live in Wuhan.

1 hour ago, VeeR said:

Like anyone needs to be told theres a virus going on 😂 God some of you will find anything to bitch about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The reason for cancellations for many events is the mix of persons (artists, motorsport team personnel, tennis players etc) entering into a  country from other countries around the world and then uplifting and moving onto another country with the same personnel in tow. 

Logistically and from a financial perspective cancelling a musical tour from its inception is in the best interests of the local promotor and the artists themselves. You could not tour, then skip countries with entry bans in place or put personnel at risk of either getting the virus or self isolation in another country. 

The Formula One community, the promotor of the Australian grand prix and the Australian government have just learnt the hard way by 3 members of two different F1 teams (based in two different countries) being placed in self isolation due to precautions. 

Those F1 team members are stuck in Australia for 14 days, while the F1 teams travel to Bahrain for the next event a week later. 

Edited by kiwiguns

15 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

The reason for cancellations for many events is the mix of persons (artists, motorsport team personnel, tennis players etc) entering into a  country from other countries around the world and then uplifting and moving onto another country with the same personnel in tow. 

Logistically and from a financial perspective cancelling a musical tour from its inception is in the best interests of the local promotor and the artists themselves. You could not tour, then skip countries with entry bans in place or put personnel at risk of either getting the virus or self isolation in another country. 

The Formula One community, the promotor of the Australian grand prix and the Australian government have just learnt the hard way by 3 members of two different F1 teams (based in two different countries) being placed in self isolation due to precautions. 

Those F1 team members are stuck in Australia for 14 days, while the F1 teams travel to Bahrain for the next event a week later. 

Uh, no the reason for cancellation of events is that it is more likely for one person to transfer the virus to another the more people around.  Here in the US they are cancelling high school sporting events due to the number of people that would be in a small, confined area at one time. 

9 minutes ago, Ratam said:

They are very optimist when says " later year", about the Costa Rica gig. This global pandemia look terrible, at least in this moment :wacko:

Nah this outbreak will be dealt with by then one way or another.

So October is looking popular for people rescheduling stuff.

However we may see another outbreak winter/early next year. But depending on how quickly they fast track it we might see a vaccine by then.

24 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

However we may see another outbreak winter/early next year. But depending on how quickly they fast track it we might see a vaccine by then.

We'll see. We're in uncharted territory here, so we've no idea really. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Can't wait for the revisionist fantasy if everything is cancelled. "They were planning on releasing an album in 2020, but the tour was cancelled and Slash already had Conspirators stuff lined up for 2021..." Just like CD II would have come out in 2016 if only Ron and Tommy hadn't left poor Axl. Why do these "unforeseen circumstances" haunt this band so?

Oh, you know it. 

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Now is very strong the rumour that Argentinian Lollapalooza will be cancelled. I heard it  few times. I heard that vaccine would to take at least all this year and the next year too, we will see.