Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

1 hour ago, gt72 said:

I just took my boys Sunday to a Laker game Sunday with 20,000 people and I was walking out of a game I started to feel a little anxious thinking about the virus and if I made a mistake in going and taking my kids.Maybe I did ,going forward I won’t do it again ,no major events for me or my kids until it’s deemed that this threat it somewhat under control like others have said I’ll listen to the experts on this one.I was actually relived that Pearl Jam postponed their tour and I’m a huge fan holding tickets to both Los Angeles shows.The threat seems legitimate to me and the cancellations ,postponements are the right thing to do if it can halt the spread of the disease to a certain extent  

Absolutely. 

The World Health Organization chief today said he was "deeply concerned" by "alarming levels of inaction".....and I'll take his advice over any number of poorly informed crackpots telling me not to worry about anything. 

9 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Well i'm kinda honored that it was used and i'm fine with them using it without asking or whatever and i don't need personal credit for it, but they could have at least say it was fan art. Cause now it seems that they made it which clearly isn't the case.
On the other hand, 80 percent of the picture i made is their design so it's not really reasonable to claim it's mine anyways.

I hear ya. It's just irritating to me that they didn't at least say a fan made the image. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gianluca87 said:

i live in an ultra red zone here in italy, very near Codogno Lombardia.

the situation is drammatic, i work at home, i stay all day at home (except for buy somethibg to eat/drink and for Street bike training).

i've never seen so many ambulance in my life, our hospital are full.

GN'R will cancelled the tour very soon. no hope

14 hours ago, Italian girl said:

good morning from the quarantine.

no job, no friends, no money, no leisure. 

I'd rather die of Corona than starvation

Stay safe! My thoughts are with you both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All flights to Europe cancelled starting Friday at Midnight

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Trump just banned flights from Europe.

No way is this tour still happening. Nobody is gonna risk leaving the US, only to then not be able to come back in.

I am starting to lean that way. But we will see where we are in 30 days

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Trump just banned flights from Europe.

No way is this tour still happening. Nobody is gonna risk leaving the US, only to then not be able to come back in.

Here same, the Governement banned flights from Europe, because all people here infected are people to arrived from Europe.

3 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Argentina could be cancelled between tomorrow and Friday according to local authorities. I don’t even got my ticket yet, but I was about to buy it. guess I’ll have to wait and see...

Argentina is one of the Lollapalooza dates right? If that gets canceled then I wonder if the festival organizers will also cancel Brazil and Chile. If that happens, I don’t see GnR touring the other SA dates at this point. No reason to. Just delay the entire leg.

3 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Argentina could be cancelled between tomorrow and Friday according to local authorities. I don’t even got my ticket yet, but I was about to buy it. guess I’ll have to wait and see...

Yes, i hear it.

Talking about football/soccer so kind of off topic to GNR, but just mad to see how quick things are spiraling.

Looks like the Italian Serie A, the top division of Italian football, is going to be cancelled before the season ends. A player playing for Juventus(the team in first place in the league) has tested positive for the virus, and Juventus played the team in third place, Inter Milan, on Sunday(behind closed doors, so no fans in the stadium). So now the first and third placed teams are both in quarantine, with at least one positive case so far.

Juventus were meant to play Lyon in The Champions League next week, which is Europe top knockout tournament, but that can't happen now so there's talk of cancelling the rest of the Champions League, which is currently in the last 16 of knockouts. Also talk that the Euro 2020 tournament, which happens once every four years will be postponed to 2021. I remember when swine flu happened and the hype around it, but it didn't really have any knock on effects. This is having huge effects and I can't really imagine a case in which these European shows go on.

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, gt72 said:

I just took my boys Sunday to a Laker game Sunday with 20,000 people and I was walking out of a game I started to feel a little anxious thinking about the virus and if I made a mistake in going and taking my kids.Maybe I did ,going forward I won’t do it again ,no major events for me or my kids until it’s deemed that this threat it somewhat under control like others have said I’ll listen to the experts on this one.I was actually relived that Pearl Jam postponed their tour and I’m a huge fan holding tickets to both Los Angeles shows.The threat seems legitimate to me and the cancellations ,postponements are the right thing to do if it can halt the spread of the disease to a certain extent  

I agree.  I have tickets to both the LA shows Pearl Jam postponed and am glad they made the decision to postpone

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

If a government is going to ban large gatherings they should also ban mass transit. At a concert or sporting event the risk of infection is the people sitting close to you. Same on a bus or train. You aren't getting infected from a person two sections away.

They will use the logic that a large gathering has a high chance of having infected attendees based on sheer numbers. 1000 people using a subway are just as likely (if not more especially compared to an outdoor concert) to be exposed to the virus as 1000 people at a concert.

If a government bans the gatherings but doesn't shut down mass transit they are hypocritical and just putting on a show for their constituents at the expense of people who would like to attend the events.

Regardless, looking at the China and South Korea new infection curves, it is quite possible that a month from now this virus will be contained for the most part outside of Iran.

I mean the other part of it is that many people are reliant on public transport, while concerts and sporting events aren’t exactly necessities so it makes sense to minimise the risk 

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I hear ya. It's just irritating to me that they didn't at least say a fan made the image. 

Fuck TB. I really wish slash and duff been exposed to probably different management representation dont influence axl to have  a different band management team. They are members of now, a top tier touring band that that should have top tier band management representation. I dont know why they dont bring merck or azoff back onboard again. They could not be any worse than TB.

Feel sorry for @FRANSAD

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, there is no dana only zool said:

you guys think even the summer North American tour will be postponed?   I mean, i gotta believe by the summer, the mania will have subsided pretty significantly, no? 

I guess that depends on the effectiveness of the quarantines, the overall course in numbers, and what higher temperatures do to it. Also whether or not someone comes up with a vaccine or something. 

• Like 2