Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Canceled: Costa Rica, Columbia, and Lollapalooza Argentina (which means the other two Lolla dates in Brazil and Chile are probably right on the verge of cancelation as well).

Still On (for now): Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, and then after a likely gap of a few weeks, Guatemala and The DR.

Is there an official source on Argentina yet? Costa Rica is old news, and I found a source for Colombia, but haven’t found a source on Argentina yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

What is this, what does it mean and how does it let us know they are still touring?  

the GNAIR paper should be in above post...

I see the Instagram post just fine :shrugs:

I was like when he posts a pic from the tour plane now with all the cancellations going on maybe its saying tour is on?

They could just make an official band post addressing the issue and keeping fans up to date about cancellation, but then again it's GNR so why bother communicating. The sooner they perform to a 75% empty venues the better - this "band" needs a reality check.

• Like 1

Life as we knew it will be stopped until further notice. weird situation. complete shutdown of several nations already in place or being prepared. I want my happy life back without worrying for my parents health ...wanna go to concerts and meet friends, and so on... 

we re gonna make the best out of it... 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, EricA said:

20200312_152305.thumb.jpg.3b0effa23110c86880f890c13f2d0d76.jpg

I really dont know, if they are aware of the recent new cancelations:facepalm:

Yeah I’m seriously starting to think the band just isn’t even aware of the situation, at this point. Like they’re lost in their own little world or something!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Natty said:

Life as we knew it will be stopped until further notice. weird situation. complete shutdown of several nations already in place or being prepared. I want my happy life back without worrying for my parents health ...wanna go to concerts and meet friends, and so on... 

we re gonna make the best out of it... 

Agree, so weird! Never been in a situation like this before. All plans for the next months may be cancelled. I’m angry with Covid-19 🤬 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RocketTess said:

Agree, so weird! Never been in a situation like this before. All plans for the next months may be cancelled. I’m angry with Covid-19 🤬 

So hard not to buy into the hype around this.  I'm watching all kinds of shit getting cancelled.  And if it's not, I'm wondering if people will even come.  I'm wondering if I want to go.  Looks like the band is going to have to come home whether they want to or not.  Getting the rug pulled out from underneath them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cineater said:

So hard not to buy into the hype around this.  I'm watching all kinds of shit getting cancelled.  And if it's not, I'm wondering if people will even come.  I'm wondering if I want to go.  Looks like the band is going to have to come home whether they want to or not.  Getting the rug pulled out from underneath them.

That's a big one for me - it's putting people in a situation where they've bought tickets for something that they may not want to risk going to, which seems very unfair. And who can blame them for not wanting to go? 

21 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Is there an official source on Argentina yet? Costa Rica is old news, and I found a source for Colombia, but haven’t found a source on Argentina yet. 

Yes is official, few minuts ago. This was anticipated yesterday for many media.

It’d be funny if, once the band lands in Mexico, they’re told to immediately turn around and fly back home.

At this rate, they’ll only be playing five shows (with a gap of a few weeks in between the third and fourth shows).

My guess is that Costa Rica will get rescheduled for right after the USA tour, and the four festival dates (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Columbia) will all get pushed out to next year’s festival season.

Edited by rocknroll41