Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Most likely this.

As far as album wishes, don’t see it happening. There’s no real incentive for either GNR or UMG. It won’t sell (people are worried about other expenses) and it does nothing to promote any other endeavor (since people aren’t buying concert tickets right now) 

True. Plus, it’d be distasteful for them to say something on social media like “tired of being stuck at home cause of coronavirus? Well then listen to the new GnR album to pass the time!” There’s really no wholesome way to market anything right now.

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Brazil canceled now too.

It's not official yet, but it won't take long.

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, this is what logic says. But maybe dealing with a colossus like LN could be complicated.

According to the RS article, insurance companies won't cover the cancellations unless there's specific prediction in the contract about the coronavirus (which doesn't apply to the majority of the tours, as they were booked a long time ago). And I guess LN won't want to cover the cost either.

Not doubting you or the RS article (granted, I didnt read yet), but to ask for an outbreak prediction seems pretty illegal to me. Contracts can't override the law. And the bands could jointly be against LN, maybe even promoting a strike. 

I'm not sure if the insurance company requires that each country's government to call for public health emergency, but if WHO already considers to be a Pandemic virus and a global concern, I guess there's a big chance they could at least work on compensation or reschedule. 

• Like 1

And Live Nation is planning to pause all the tours:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/9333748/live-nation-global-pause-tours-concerts-coronavirus?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true

Live Nation Planning to Pause All Tours Due to Coronavirus

Recognizing national concerns over the spread of the coronavirus, Live Nation is instructing its touring shows to prepare to return home, Billboard has learned. The announcement affects all Live Nation tours, domestically and internationally.

Earlier Thursday (March 12) the company told employees it is hitting the pause button on current touring arena shows through the end of the month. A few shows will play out Thursday and Friday, but the remainder of the shows starting this weekend will be postponed.

Live Nation is also instructing its employees to work remotely and not come into the office. The company's Beverly Hills headquarters will be mostly closed until the end of March.

On a call, company executive told employees that March is generally a slow month and that Live Nation will re-evaluate the situation at the beginning of April with the goal of resuming touring in May or June.

Live Nation is not planning any layoffs and company officials told staff it is well positioned to weather the closure.

Tours affected include Billie Eilish, Jason Aldean, Zac Brown Band, Cher, Kiss, Post Malone, Tool, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Shania in Vegas, Chris Stapleton and many others.

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jamillos said:

Officially, 12 people (out of 130 million) are infected in Mexico as of yet. The show still could happen. 

If LiveNation pulls the plug like the above article says then no shows are happening, not even Mexico.

Edited by rocknroll41