Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

Even if that Del James thing was true, would they seriously release something now? With all of THIS going on?! I mean yeah on one hand it gives people something to do while a global lockdown is ongoing, but on the other hand, everyone is stressed out and idk if new music from any artist is the answer right now.

Edited by rocknroll41

Just now, RussTCB said:

Wow, really? Maybe it's just me but music helps with everything in life, especially hard / uncertain times. 

I certainly agree with you. Its not like you're more likely to get corona from listeaning to Axl's voice. Live performances can give you a bit of AIDS, but a studio realease wouldn't give you corona

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

Even though I'm dont know @sofine11 or ever talked to him I have to say he's someone I see active on the new album discussion and constantly calls out Jarmos bs in htgth.

I dont think he's fucking with us but its possible he's being fucked with

@sofine11

If this is the case then I personally apologize for making fun of you in regards to a new album. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Probably, yeah, but at least it's funny if so. 

Wow, really? Maybe it's just me but music helps with everything in life, especially hard / uncertain times. 

I suppose that’s one way of looking at it. They would have to handle it tastefully, tho. Choose the announcement words carefully and all that.

EDIT: then again, maybe I’m just being a dick and overthinking everything, as usual... yeah, fuck it! If there’s new music  that’s ready to be released, then they should release it! You’re right!

Edited by rocknroll41

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I suppose that’s one way of looking at it. They would have to handle it tastefully, tho. Choose the announcement words carefully and all that.

Steven Wilson just released the lead off single today for his upcoming album as normal - I think that they could probably carry on as normal if this potential release is purely digital

Although I don't think anything is going to be happening so the point may be moot anyways :lol:

Edited by WhazUp

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Or they could just put it out on streaming and let all of the buzz take care of it for them. 

21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

So if I’m reading the article correctly, this goes into effect immediately, right? So even Mexico this Saturday is canceled now?

It says (in the report, not in the quoted announcement) that a few shows that are scheduled for tonight and Friday will take place.

Just now, WhazUp said:

Steven Wilson just released the lead off single today for his upcoming album as normal - I think that they could probably carry on as normal if this potential release is purely digital

Although I don't think anything is going to be happening so the point may me moot anyways :lol:

Yeah that’s a good point as well. Maybe they don’t even have to tie any announcement to it. Just simply release it.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Or they could just put it out on streaming and let all of the buzz take care of it for them. 

Good point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

My god, wouldn't it be such a GN'R thing to do to release a brand new album, first with Slash and Duff since 1993, amidst a global pandemic? 

That would absolutely be THE most GN'R thing they could ever do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, Duff did say something about a "surprise song" that would be added in the set (that was before the shows were cancelled), but of course that could mean anything, from a UYI deep cut to a new cover.

I've never used iTunes so I didn't know it doesn't exist anymore (I guess this makes me a "boomer" although I'm not that old :lol:). But I see it doesn't exist as such only for iOs, but it exists for Windows and Android :question:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well, Duff did say something about a "surprise song" that would be added in the set (that was before the shows were cancelled), but of course that could mean anything, from a UYI deep cut to a new cover.

I've never used iTunes so I didn't know it doesn't exist anymore (I guess this makes me a "boomer" although I'm not that old :lol:). But I see it doesn't exist as such only for iOs, but it exists for Windows and Android :question:

I've never owned an Apple device in my life, but many people still call it iTunes as opposed to Apple Music (the new name). 

Having said that, I'm gonna be so mad at @sofine11 (not really tho) if he's BS'ing. 

The only thing I open streaming apps for these days is to check on my podcast performance, so I'll be mad to open it for a new GN'R album if it's not happening haha. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

iTunes, as in the app used to play the music you download, still exists. However, it’s no longer a distribution service for new releases like it used to be. The distribution service is now called Apple Music (which I’m sure is what “Del” meant).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I've never owned an Apple device in my life, but many people still call it iTunes as opposed to Apple Music (the new name). 

I'm a Mac user and never even noticed it changed :facepalm: 

Yup, I'm a Mac Granny Boomer (my DJ name):lol:

• Haha 3