Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

So we'll be either accidental geniuses or predictable idiots. Time will tell! :lol:

Boris either will be the greatest prime minster or the biggest mass murderer in British history. 

In fairness Sweden and the Dutch are doing similar, which is to say, not a lot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Boris either will be the greatest prime minster or the biggest mass murderer in British history. 

In fairness Sweden and the Dutch are doing similar, which is to say, not a lot. 

If you've got the time and inclination, Gordon Brown (surprisingly) raises some interesting points about the gross failures of leadership at present in today's copy of the Guardian. It's worth a read. Not a laugh-riot mind! 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

They're doing an amazing job?! Science backed?! Ah....the cry of the 'fake news'.

What are you going to say when they announce their u-turn on advice? Still 'doing amazing job'?! 

Here's something for you to chew on- I'm in self isolation. I may have Coronavirus. I may not. They won't test me....because (despite advice from WHO) they're not bothering to test. The advice I'm getting is mixed and pathetic. I have breathing problems. There's no help- just mixed messages and a jackass mini-trump telling us to wash out hands. 

So yeah- no 'fake news' here. Get this shit shut down. Get some leaders who know how to lead. And take this seriously. 

Sucks to hear that. Hope you get well soon and with no trace of that virus.

They're doing an amazing job?! Science backed?! Ah....the cry of the 'fake news'.

What are you going to say when they announce their u-turn on advice? Still 'doing amazing job'?! 

Here's something for you to chew on- I'm in self isolation. I may have Coronavirus. I may not. They won't test me....because (despite advice from WHO) they're not bothering to test. The advice I'm getting is mixed and pathetic. I have breathing problems. There's no help- just mixed messages and a jackass mini-trump telling us to wash out hands. 

So yeah- no 'fake news' here. Get this shit shut down. Get some leaders who know how to lead. And take this seriously. 

Austria shut everything down. Except supermarkets and pharmacies, everything is closed. Even if we go back to normal life by june, I doubt they will allow big shows like GNR. I got tix for aerosmith and a big festival as well. not too optimistic right now. 

RATM in september will hopefully happen... that's the one I'm looking forward the most

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Thanks. It's weird because apart from breathing problems and a cough, I don't feel so bad. Certainly fine enough to mess about on here! 

Not knowing for sure what I'm supposed to be doing is odd though. 'Waiting to see if it gets worse' is the main thing. I'll doubtless be fine in a week or so. 

I'm more concerned about passing it on to others than anything else really. And family members worrying about me unnecessarily! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's weird because apart from breathing problems and a cough, I don't feel so bad. Certainly fine enough to mess about on here! 

It's not weird because for most people it's just normal flu symptoms or even less than that. If you're old or already in bad health it might be different, but I'm guessing you're not.

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

New Zealand latest country too add ALL NEW ARRIVALS most go too Quartine 14 days

Indeed. Another country on my planned itinerary for May I likely won’t be able to do (As if my travel plans will even go ahead at this point). 

If you've got the time and inclination, Gordon Brown (surprisingly) raises some interesting points about the gross failures of leadership at present in today's copy of the Guardian. It's worth a read. Not a laugh-riot mind! 

Lol the Guardian has become such a rag.

It's currently printing literal fake news about the government response to try and undermine the the PM.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what it says. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

To be honest, a test won't help you, will it? There's no cure anyway. I hope you'll be better soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ah, ok a lot to unpack/correct here, so bare with me.

Yes they're doing a great job, they're implementing a long held pandemic  reaction plan that has been scientifically modelled and prepared for. 

No U turn is to be announced, this is the fake news that you are spreading. The governments advice has so far consisted of 2 (of 4) steps, these being '1. contain' and now we've moved into '2. delay'. The aim of this is to 'flatten the curve' of cases that end up needing medical attention.

Sorry to hear that you feel under the weather. The correct move is to self isolate at this time. You however do not currently need tested as you present mild symptoms and simply have to distance yourself from others. Treat it as you would a flu.

There is no mixed advice coming from the government. There is a lot of fake news and harping from duplicitous news sources looking to make a quick profit from hysterical clicks.

If you would like to learn more watch the daily briefings with the PM where they field questions to the experts that have crafted our response. 

4 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yes but the UK approach is to time it so that the harshest measures come during the peak.

With countries like Italy (and most of Europe) we see the harshest measures implemented too early. Their populations will fatigue.

The country cannot go on full lockdown for too long or the country collapses, which leads to way bigger problems in the health service for complications unrelated to the virus. 

I nave to agree

• Like 1

Ticketmaster either moved or deleted the language on ticket refunds for postponed or scheduled shows (their pre-COVID-19 policy). I was supposed to see the Strokes tonight in LA. I can’t make the make up date and, as of now, LN/TM aren’t offering refunds unless the show is canceled. 

Boston Calling on May 22nd hasn’t been canceled yet. Would suck to miss that. 

I could see GNR downscaling the US stadium tour to an arena tour. Even when shows start, I am sure it will take months for some causal fans to get comfortable going to shows again 

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Ah, ok a lot to unpack/correct here, so bare with me.

Yes they're doing a great job, they're implementing a long held pandemic  reaction plan that has been scientifically modelled and prepared for. 

No U turn is to be announced, this is the fake news that you are spreading. The governments advice has so far consisted of 2 (of 4) steps, these being '1. contain' and now we've moved into '2. delay'. The aim of this is to 'flatten the curve' of cases that end up needing medical attention.

Sorry to hear that you feel under the weather. The correct move is to self isolate at this time. You however do not currently need tested as you present mild symptoms and simply have to distance yourself from others. Treat it as you would a flu.

There is no mixed advice coming from the government. There is a lot of fake news and harping from duplicitous news sources looking to make a quick profit from hysterical clicks.

If you would like to learn more watch the daily briefings with the PM where they field questions to the experts that have crafted our response. 

So we're NOT going to see a u-turn on them doing nothing? Come back to me in a day or two when major events are cancelled. 

The response of doing Jack shit is totally at odds with virtually every other country .....so either their 'science' is all wrong, as are their experts, or the UK's is. So everyone has got it wrong apart from the UK, unless....no surely not! 

Interesting that despite many requests this scientific and expert advice hasn't been shared. It's almost like, you know, a right-wing racist government only care about share prices isn't it? 

We shall see on that one anyway,  but I know where my money is.....sadly it may well come at the expense of many, many deaths. Perhaps all those other countries have got their approach wrong, and the UK will be the only one who has it round. My confidence isn't high on that front though. 

Still as long as we don't get any 'fake news' hey? You do realise saying that referring to 'duplicitous' news sources (whoever you may deem them to be) makes you sound awfully like ol'donald though right? W

We should probably just go back to GNR really, otherwise the debate will never end! 

Right.....shall we get back to watching a load of millionaires travelling the world trying to make more money, against all odds?!

Edited by allwaystired

4 hours ago, davisp said:

Austria shut everything down. Except supermarkets and pharmacies, everything is closed. Even if we go back to normal life by june, I doubt they will allow big shows like GNR. I got tix for aerosmith and a big festival as well. not too optimistic right now. 

RATM in september will hopefully happen... that's the one I'm looking forward the most

I m more optimistic. Novarock or aerosmith are both possible dates if people understand and stay at home for the next weeks. 

lets see and hope. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, axlvai said:

Chile in bad audio??!!! U r newbie.

Umm so there's 2 sources, a badly mixed radio broadcast with announcers interrupting and the audio from original video broadcast, where Duff is waaaayy to loud in the mix. Not sure what you mean, if you compare it to the other 1992 soundboards it's easily the worst (and I guess the Venezuela one as well)

47 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Ticketmaster either moved or deleted the language on ticket refunds for postponed or scheduled shows (their pre-COVID-19 policy). I was supposed to see the Strokes tonight in LA. I can’t make the make up date and, as of now, LN/TM aren’t offering refunds unless the show is canceled. 

Boston Calling on May 22nd hasn’t been canceled yet. Would suck to miss that. 

I could see GNR downscaling the US stadium tour to an arena tour. Even when shows start, I am sure it will take months for some causal fans to get comfortable going to shows again 

I always thought for postponed shows the original ticket owner has first right of refusal or they can get a full refund at point of purchase. That really sucks if that's not the case. Borderline illegal...

Even if the situation improves there could be another problem with the London date. Postponing the football to early April will mean the season will go on longer than normal which could mean that Tottenham will still need their stadium for the last few games which would clash with the GNR date.