Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

14 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Large gatherings like a concert are essentially no more of a risk than going to the pub.

As others have mentioned if they weren't at the gig they'd have gone to a bar or a club.

That's not true. 

And the people wouldn't have gathered in such a cluster, or they wouldn't have gone there at all, had it been announced earlier. 

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

If it's not safe, government should lock down bars, clubs, restaurants...

Crowded spaces = high risk

Which is exactly what's been happening all across Europe. 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

That's not true. 

And the people wouldn't have gathered in such a cluster, or they wouldn't have gone there at all, had it been announced earlier. 

Which is exactly what's been happening all across Europe. 

That is true, there's an R of about 4 max. 

Things like bars/clubs are just as much if not more of a danger in terms of infection.

Places in Europe are closed to free up police and medical personnel, not because they're a particular risk.

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

That is true, there's an R of about 4 max. 

Things like bars/clubs are just as much if not more of a danger in terms of infection.

Places in Europe are closed to free up police and medical personnel, not because they're a particular risk.

Dude, you're just plain wrong, but I'm not gonna argue. 

Just now, jamillos said:

Dude, you're just plain wrong, but I'm not gonna argue. 

I gave up too. There's a wilful desire to ignore world events from certain areas. I don't know what drives it, other than perhaps contrariness. 

Some people would argue black is white,just for the sake of it I think. 

As it stands at the moment, it's incredibly unlikely any Europe tour is happening, whatever anyone (including The Killers!) want to say.   

• Like 1

I don't think it was wise to go ahead last night really but I suppose it's possible they were also thinking about the set up crews etc... who I imagine are paid only for what they work and are facing months of no work. I'd like to think it wasn't all just about penalties the big 3 might face for cancelling. Maybe they figured the risk was worth it and ticket holders would be free to weigh up their own risks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

I gave up too. There's a wilful desire to ignore world events from certain areas. I don't know what drives it, other than perhaps contrariness. 

Some people would argue black is white,just for the sake of it I think. 

As it stands at the moment, it's incredibly unlikely any Europe tour is happening, whatever anyone (including The Killers!) want to say.   

You seem to misinterpret a want to display the facts about this virus correctly with wanting to ignore it.

Tbh I could see a chunk of the Europe tour going ahead, it finishes at the end of June which will be post expected peak.

London dates (and those around it) are in the wind atm, I imagine waiting to see what government action will be regarding mass gatherings. 

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

You seem to misinterpret a want to display the facts about this virus correctly with wanting to ignore it.

Tbh I could see a chunk of the Europe tour going ahead, it finishes at the end of June which will be post expected peak.

London dates (and those around it) are in the wind atm, I imagine waiting to see what government action will be regarding mass gatherings. 

Your 'facts' seem very different to the 'facts' being used by most government s across the world. 

But add me to the 'I'm not going to argue' list, because I really, really am done with debating it. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Your 'facts' seem very different to the 'facts' being used by most government s across the world. 

But add me to the 'I'm not going to argue' list, because I really, really am done with debating it. 

How to spot someone that has no fact to back up their statements.

We will have to wait and see what restrictions are in place for the tour. 

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

How to spot someone that has no fact to back up their statements.

We will have to wait and see what restrictions are in place for the tour. 

No one knows, not a single person on earth knows what’s going to happen... for now the tour has been placed on pause and the band is heading home

21 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't think it was wise to go ahead last night really but I suppose it's possible they were also thinking about the set up crews etc... who I imagine are paid only for what they work and are facing months of no work. I'd like to think it wasn't all just about penalties the big 3 might face for cancelling. Maybe they figured the risk was worth it and ticket holders would be free to weigh up their own risks.

I couldn't agree more. Mexico is not located in another planet. I don't understand why authorities, promoters and the band itself were like here nothing happens. There is a lot more a stake besides penalties for cancelling shows.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

This doesn't disagree with my point?

tbh it's mostly just alarmist pap

If you took the time to read it, you would know it does precisely disagree with your point. And if analyzing data on known cases is 'alarmist pap' to you than you're simply in denial. Elsewhere you ask for the facts - in this link you get a proper visualization and analysis of the 'facts', but you conveniently dismiss them, so I guess you are not interested in facts.

24 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

No one knows, not a single person on earth knows what’s going to happen... for now the tour has been placed on pause and the band is heading home

Aren't the later dates in the SA tour going ahead?

They weren't listed as postponed on the post I saw.

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

I would doubt it but yeah they're not listed on the site. Just Chile, BA, Sao Paulo and Bogota. You'd have to assume its only a matter of time before the rest is confirmed though. The band will surely return to the US for now.

• GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I don’t know what to tell you I just know the tour has been paused and no one knows when that pause ends.  The band is heading home and that’s a good thing as borders are closing down

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

I would doubt it but yeah they're not listed on the site. Just Chile, BA, Sao Paulo and Bogota. You'd have to assume its only a matter of time before the rest is confirmed though. The band will surely return to the US for now.

Band are flying home today. No other dates on this leg are happening. 

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Not saying I disagree that those step will at some ppopulationt happen but unless you've  sources for those claims perhaps don't spread speculation/fake news.

As the London show is in the suspected peak I would assume it'll be pushed back to a later date. However the Killers are optimistic their UK our will go ahead in may so who knows?

For sure its going too happen & look whats happening now in UK & its not even peaked over 1000 cases V the popUlation of UK is still very very low at mo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Large gatherings like a concert are essentially no more of a risk than going to the pub.

As others have mentioned if they weren't at the gig they'd have gone to a bar or a club.

Supposedly bojo is closing uk pubs from next week.

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Hah I can't believe these arguments are still happening.  Things have gotten so much worse since I last commented in this thread.  How is this still a debate?!

5 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Hah I can't believe these arguments are still happening.  Things have gotten so much worse since I last commented in this thread.  How is this still a debate?!

I know right? It's utterly absurd. 

It's only a minority of people here though (and I have suspicions as to whether alt-accounts might be being used too by someone) - 99 per cent of users seem to understand what's happening, fortunately. 

Those that seem to want to argue about it at this stage are best ignored in my view.