Jump to content
AxlRoseCDII

Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Lio said:

A thing to consider though: what if GNR had canceled? Would all these people have magically disappeared? Or would they have been there either way? I'm just thinking of an event that was canceled here earlier this week and was set to take place last night. The organizer was pretty pissed and said there would be 15000 people coming, and many of them from abroad. So he argued that those several thousands of people would be around anyway, since they flew here, and that they would still look for a place to party together.

Since that was a few days ago, measures have gone up here considerably, of course. But not so in Mexico. So I wonder what all those people would have done if GNR had canceled.

I'm not saying GNR did the right thing. I don't really know, but I don't think it's as black and white. I think in these cases, the government should take matters in control, as they've done so in many, many countries now. Cancel the evnt and tell people to stay away. In the second place it's up to the organizers. I don't think it's fair to just call GNR greedy and selfish assholes. It's not that simple.

Oh, and if people risked their lives, it's also on themselves. I don't see how it would be different if they'd played Hardschool or Think About You. I'm sure most people don't care that much about those. I think people got a good show, and everyone on the forum agreed until they didn't play Hardschool :lol: So if they don't get sick, I think they won't regret going.

Yes, and their government didn't, so the band should have imo. The people just wouldn't have travelled there. And those who would have would not gather in such masses. 
If at least they played something new as promised (I know, I know, it was only supposed to start with the EU gigs, I remember that nonsensical excuse), the risks would be the same but it would have been more worth it, let's say. 
I don't know. Again, I would expect them to be wiser than the government in this case. Why is everything else getting cancelled in other countries? Just for fun? 

Well, it's happened. And Axl sounded good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, loko said:

There is a cluster of 42 infected people in Berlin from just one nightclub. Yeah, right pretty safe.

That doesn't mean there was only one carrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Large gatherings like a concert are essentially no more of a risk than going to the pub.

As others have mentioned if they weren't at the gig they'd have gone to a bar or a club.

That's not true. 

And the people wouldn't have gathered in such a cluster, or they wouldn't have gone there at all, had it been announced earlier. 

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

If it's not safe, government should lock down bars, clubs, restaurants...

Crowded spaces = high risk

Which is exactly what's been happening all across Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamillos said:

That's not true. 

And the people wouldn't have gathered in such a cluster, or they wouldn't have gone there at all, had it been announced earlier. 

Which is exactly what's been happening all across Europe. 

That is true, there's an R of about 4 max. 

Things like bars/clubs are just as much if not more of a danger in terms of infection.

Places in Europe are closed to free up police and medical personnel, not because they're a particular risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

That is true, there's an R of about 4 max. 

Things like bars/clubs are just as much if not more of a danger in terms of infection.

Places in Europe are closed to free up police and medical personnel, not because they're a particular risk.

Dude, you're just plain wrong, but I'm not gonna argue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Please, stop the tour. Shame. 

The tour is on pause, there are no more Guns shows for awhile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jamillos said:

Dude, you're just plain wrong, but I'm not gonna argue. 

I gave up too. There's a wilful desire to ignore world events from certain areas. I don't know what drives it, other than perhaps contrariness. 

Some people would argue black is white,just for the sake of it I think. 

As it stands at the moment, it's incredibly unlikely any Europe tour is happening, whatever anyone (including The Killers!) want to say.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it was wise to go ahead last night really but I suppose it's possible they were also thinking about the set up crews etc... who I imagine are paid only for what they work and are facing months of no work. I'd like to think it wasn't all just about penalties the big 3 might face for cancelling. Maybe they figured the risk was worth it and ticket holders would be free to weigh up their own risks.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allwaystired said:

I gave up too. There's a wilful desire to ignore world events from certain areas. I don't know what drives it, other than perhaps contrariness. 

Some people would argue black is white,just for the sake of it I think. 

As it stands at the moment, it's incredibly unlikely any Europe tour is happening, whatever anyone (including The Killers!) want to say.   

 

You seem to misinterpret a want to display the facts about this virus correctly with wanting to ignore it.

Tbh I could see a chunk of the Europe tour going ahead, it finishes at the end of June which will be post expected peak.

London dates (and those around it) are in the wind atm, I imagine waiting to see what government action will be regarding mass gatherings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

 

You seem to misinterpret a want to display the facts about this virus correctly with wanting to ignore it.

Tbh I could see a chunk of the Europe tour going ahead, it finishes at the end of June which will be post expected peak.

London dates (and those around it) are in the wind atm, I imagine waiting to see what government action will be regarding mass gatherings. 

Your 'facts' seem very different to the 'facts' being used by most government s across the world. 

But add me to the 'I'm not going to argue' list, because I really, really am done with debating it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Your 'facts' seem very different to the 'facts' being used by most government s across the world. 

But add me to the 'I'm not going to argue' list, because I really, really am done with debating it. 

How to spot someone that has no fact to back up their statements.

We will have to wait and see what restrictions are in place for the tour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GNR_RNR said:

How to spot someone that has no fact to back up their statements.

We will have to wait and see what restrictions are in place for the tour. 

No one knows, not a single person on earth knows what’s going to happen... for now the tour has been placed on pause and the band is heading home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

How to spot someone that has no fact to back up their statements.

We will have to wait and see what restrictions are in place for the tour. 

Haha- sure! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is no way on earth this tour occurs. None whatsoever.

I have to agree with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't think it was wise to go ahead last night really but I suppose it's possible they were also thinking about the set up crews etc... who I imagine are paid only for what they work and are facing months of no work. I'd like to think it wasn't all just about penalties the big 3 might face for cancelling. Maybe they figured the risk was worth it and ticket holders would be free to weigh up their own risks.

I couldn't agree more. Mexico is not located in another planet. I don't understand why authorities, promoters and the band itself were like here nothing happens. There is a lot more a stake besides penalties for cancelling shows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.......... Maybe they drop a fkn album now...👀😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

This doesn't disagree with my point?

tbh it's mostly just alarmist pap

If you took the time to read it, you would know it does precisely disagree with your point. And if analyzing data on known cases is 'alarmist pap' to you than you're simply in denial. Elsewhere you ask for the facts - in this link you get a proper visualization and analysis of the 'facts', but you conveniently dismiss them, so I guess you are not interested in facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

No one knows, not a single person on earth knows what’s going to happen... for now the tour has been placed on pause and the band is heading home

Aren't the later dates in the SA tour going ahead?

They weren't listed as postponed on the post I saw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Aren't the later dates in the SA tour going ahead?

They weren't listed as postponed on the post I saw.

I would doubt it but yeah they're not listed on the site. Just Chile, BA, Sao Paulo and Bogota. You'd have to assume its only a matter of time before the rest is confirmed though. The band will surely return to the US for now.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Aren't the later dates in the SA tour going ahead?

They weren't listed as postponed on the post I saw.

I don’t know what to tell you I just know the tour has been paused and no one knows when that pause ends.  The band is heading home and that’s a good thing as borders are closing down

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

I would doubt it but yeah they're not listed on the site. Just Chile, BA, Sao Paulo and Bogota. You'd have to assume its only a matter of time before the rest is confirmed though. The band will surely return to the US for now.

Band are flying home today. No other dates on this leg are happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Not saying I disagree that those step will at some ppopulationt happen but unless you've  sources for those claims perhaps don't spread speculation/fake news.

As the London show is in the suspected peak I would assume it'll be pushed back to a later date. However the Killers are optimistic their UK our will go ahead in may so who knows?

 

For sure its going too happen & look whats happening now in UK & its not even peaked over 1000 cases V the popUlation of UK is still very very low at mo

 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×