Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

33 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

GUYS, AXL PREDICTED THE VIRUS WAY BACK IN 1987

ITS ALL THERE IN THE LYRICS TO PARADISE CITY:

"THE SURGEON GENERAL SAYS IT'S HAZARDOUS TO BREATHE" 

😮😮😮😷😷😷

MIND = BLOWN

I could see them using this as a twitter post about the virus.

“Today we got some bad f’n news! As we’ve said, ‘the surgeon general says it’s [f’n] hazardous to breathe’ so we’re gonna have to f’n postpone our f’n 2020 tour because of the f’n coronavirus! In the meantime buy our f’n Guns N’ Roses branded masks and f’n Guns n Roses patented toilet paper to stock up! It’s punk as fuck if you want to survive this f’n pandemic!!!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

France Gov. Banned shows in long venues. And now QUEEN postponed them FRANCE shows.

I just read this as well. It shows that it may not be up to the bands or promoters whether shows in certain regions go ahead.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

“Today we got some bad f’n news! As we’ve said, ‘the surgeon general says it’s [f’n] hazardous to breathe’ so we’re gonna have to f’n postpone our f’n 2020 tour because of the f’n coronavirus! In the meantime buy our f’n Guns N’ Roses branded masks and f’n Guns n Roses patented toilet paper to stock up! It’s punk as fuck if you want to survive this f’n pandemic!!!”

God, you're so right about that :facepalm:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I...hate how accurate this is. :shrugs:

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

I just read this as well. It shows that it may not be up to the bands or promoters whether shows in certain regions go ahead.

Yes, is apparently that most cases in Europe are in Italy and France.

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

I cannot express with word my disappointment with what the plague song turned out to be. 

Hey now, I for one appreciated all 54 seconds of it. Worth the price of the box set and it's faux leather case.

10 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They just announced SXSW is cancelled because coronavirus.

Yeah. I’m guessing insurance concerns at the very least on top of everyone pulling out. It will be interesting to see how things play out w shows/events. Especially with events that are months away and decisions that need to be made over the next few weeks/month 

NBA/NHL playoffs are on the horizon. If we get into state emergency situations it could be very touch and go 

Basically, someone who has come down with COVID-19 had attended a Tool show in New Zealand just days before his symptoms began presenting. He was likely/possibly already carrying the virus and contagious at the time. Low possibility of spreading virus, obviously. Officials in New Zealand made an announcement to give other concert goers a heads-up.

Stories like these could maybe impact people decisions to attend shows? Which in turn could influence bands decisions about going ahead with shows.

(hadn't seen this posted about yet, sorry if I missed it)

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I just read that about SXSW is being canceled for the first time in 34 years over the virus. That's crazy. 

I have/had tentative plans to attend the Houston Rodeo. It’s a yearly tradition here, much like SXSW in Austin. There were literally 2.5 million people in total who attended last year. Interestingly though, while SXSW was cancelled, the Rodeo seems to be rolling on. 

• Like 1

So does the SXSW cancelation mean that Boston Calling doomed? I was looking forward to seeing the Chili Peppers with John Frusciante back in the band. :(

Boston Calling is only in late May, so hopefully this all starts to calm down by then. But if people still aren’t safe by late May, then so be it. Safety first.

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

If the virus does get this bad the last thing on anyone’s mind will be whether gnr is playing a show or not. Let’s just hope this thing is contained and the shows go on 

Nope, half the population could drop dead and there would still be people on here complaining about no new music or if they'll change the setlist after the scourge. 😄

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

So does the SXSW cancelation mean that Boston Calling doomed? I was looking forward to seeing the Chili Peppers with John Frusciante back in the band. :(

Boston Calling is only in late May, so hopefully this all starts to calm down by then. But if people still aren’t safe by late May, then so be it. Safety first.

China (assuming their numbers are accurate) is down to under 100 new cases yesterday and a little over 22,000 active cases. At the rate the outcomes (both positive and negative) are happening and the new infection rate, it is possible that China does not have any active cases by May.