DAW Software?

After years and years of using Audacity, I just finally switched over to Reaper a few days ago. This is for my music discussion podcast as I'm not a musician, but I thought I'd put the thread here since many of you probably produce your music yourself.

I'm just curious if any of you might use Reaper. I'm so new to it, that I'm burning through tons of YouTube videos just trying to learn what I can to be the most efficient. 

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I use reaper. Not an expert but it gets the job done for home recording

I've been using it for about 4 days so far. I really like it. It seems pretty damn full featured for such an inexpensive product. 

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Never used Reaper but I have Logic so much for $100

Reaper seemed like a deal to me at $60. I'm only using it for podcast so far and there's a ton more to it than I'll ever use. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Reaper seemed like a deal to me at $60. I'm only using it for podcast so far and there's a ton more to it than I'll ever use. 

I only got Logic because of my mac and production needs. But always go with the best deal if you're doing podcasts if your just doing vocal mics and maybe a little bit of EQ you don't need to get the most expensive thing so yeah it was a great deal. I am still figuring out sends and outputs in logic after I got my mac for College 3 years ago

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Waveform (formerly Tracktion) is Mackie's DAW and in my experience has been easy to use and works well with virtually any interface or VST you throw at it. You can download older versions totally free from their website.

I did look into Tracktion / Waveform. I can't remember why now, but there was some reason it wouldn't work for me 

I used to use StudioOne but now I've switched to Reaper...

Here are two albums I did with Reaper:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5t7Bcs3jIYxB6qs1bUxkcS
https://music.apple.com/us/album/zen/1500999877?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

https://open.spotify.com/album/2e7IXYaM5hs6oGRqGlktLm
https://music.apple.com/us/album/black-beetle/1500755739?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Before I used the free version of PreSOnus StudioOne, but it became so bare bones wioth plugins (and it's a very expensive DAW) that I thought I'll try Reaper first.

At first I had to get used to it, but now I love it... lots of plugins, I've made a template which is handy and quick. There are lot's of different custom settings to adjust, and it's good on my PC - lighter then StudioOne.

• Like 1

Just got a new PC today to help speed things up with post production. 

I haven't bought a laptop in forever. I was using a 1st gen i7 with 8gb of RAM. The new PC is a 10th gen i5 with 16gb of RAM. 

Should speed things up considerably! 

• Like 1

On 15/03/2020 at 9:38 PM, RussTCB said:

Just got a new PC today to help speed things up with post production. 

I haven't bought a laptop in forever. I was using a 1st gen i7 with 8gb of RAM. The new PC is a 10th gen i5 with 16gb of RAM. 

Should speed things up considerably! 

Man, my laptop is creaking like a motherfucker. I have a 2013 i7 with 8 gig of RAM, shoved a 1tb SSD in there 4 years ago and it gave the old girl a lease of life, but I know the end times are coming....

51 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Man, my laptop is creaking like a motherfucker. I have a 2013 i7 with 8 gig of RAM, shoved a 1tb SSD in there 4 years ago and it gave the old girl a lease of life, but I know the end times are coming....

Yeah, mine finally had its time come. I'm still using it for arcade emulation, but it's definitely gonna die sooner than later.