Best and Worst Axl/GNR Covers

10 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I think a more interesting list would be best covers of a GNR song, which are few and far between.. actually can't think of any good ones

Halestorm did a cover of OTGM that I'm a big fan of

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Worst

SFTD. As a band not about axls singing.

I feel good. 

Black hole sun

Best

Black Leather (wish they would add this to the setlist)

Intro to "only women bleed"

I absolutely LOOOOVE their cover of Black Leather. Really heavy, good mix of metal and punk. Might be my favorite off of TSI

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I absolutely LOOOOVE their cover of Black Leather. Really heavy, good mix of metal and punk. Might be my favorite off of TSI

Not a bad cover that nuerotic outsiders did with steve jones and slash thats on youtube, circa 95.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I Feel Good and Wichita Lineman were both highlights of the show when I saw them in 2017. Top 5 songs of the night were probably Nightrain, Catcher, Wichita Lineman, I Feel Good, and My Michelle.

I never got the hate for Wichita Lineman... the band has almost always sounded good on stripped down acoustic songs, and it's in Axl's natural range and he still sounds really good on it. It made me wish they'd bring back the acoustic sets in the middle of the shows.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I Feel Good and Wichita Lineman were both highlights of the show when I saw them in 2017. Top 5 songs of the night were probably Nightrain, Catcher, Wichita Lineman, I Feel Good, and My Michelle.

I never got the hate for Wichita Lineman... the band has almost always sounded good on stripped down acoustic songs, and it's in Axl's natural range and he still sounds really good on it. It made me wish they'd bring back the acoustic sets in the middle of the shows.

I had the exact same feeling about Wichita Lineman. I loved how polished the band sounded. Frank sounded great, loved hearing Fortus with his short solo, and Slash killed the ending/breakdown. I'd love to hear more songs in Axls natural range like that 

• Like 1

Best (No Order)

Jumpin Jack Flash (Acoustic) might be my favorite
Knockin On Heavens Door (classic lineup live versions)
Mama Kin
Nice Boys
Whole Lotta Rosie (Marquee)
Down On The Farm
Ain't It Fun
Look at Your Game Girl

Salt Of The Earth and Free Falling are amazing but they aren't really covers. It is just a member or two guesting with the actual bands. 

Worst
NITL KOHD
Black Hole Sun
Wish You Were Here
Sympathy For The Devil

On 3/9/2020 at 8:08 AM, UsedYourIllusion said:

Worst: 

Black Hole Sun

Human Being

Look at your game, girl

Best: 

Nice Boys

Black Leather

Dead Flowers

I think a more interesting list would be best covers of a GNR song, which are few and far between.. actually can't think of any good ones

how i human being his worst thats best cover if not one of the top 30 gnr hits ! also his vocals on it are superb 

BEst 

live and let die

nice boys 

mama kin 

knockin

salt of earth

human being 

rosie

giving dog a bone 

hell bells 

salute u 

back in black 

thunder

worst 

slither 

black hole sun 

seeker (he does it well but the song fucking sucks)

riff raff 

touch too much

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

18 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

how i human being his worst thats best cover if not one of the top 30 gnr hits ! also his vocals on it are superb 

I’ve always maintained that some of Axls best vocals ever are on TSI. Human Being is a perfect example.... if only they’d released an album of originals around 94-96. No doubt in my mind it could have outdone AFD

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’ve always maintained that some of Axls best vocals ever are on TSI. Human Being is a perfect example.... if only they’d released an album of originals around 94-96. No doubt in my mind it could have outdone AFD

Damn so true! Tsi and sympathy for the devil vocal is beyond amazing. If only they could work with some of the snakepit tunes.

57 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

BEst 

live and let die

nice boys 

mama kin 

knockin

salt of earth

human being 

rosie

giving dog a bone 

hell bells 

salute u 

back in black 

thunder

worst 

slither 

black hole sun 

seeker (he does it well but the song fucking sucks)

riff raff 

touch too much

I don't disagree with the sentiment about the vocals, but the song just isn't my groove. I love Black Leather, Ain't it fun, Since I Don't Have You, I Don't Care About You, Sympathy, alll great tunes. But a couple others on TSI are just meh for me