Slow Motion Breakdown demo

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  I did it in a studio, I know it sounds a bit dry but I did that purposely. I didn't have a mic on the guitar, I just let the vocal mic bleed through.  That was a mistake, I should've used one. Anyway, I have a version with full instrumentation that I will post also.

Edit: I would love to have you involved in future endeavors.  

Edited by lame ass security
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  I did it in a studio, I know it sounds a bit dry but I did that purposely. I didn't have a mic on the guitar, I just let the vocal mic bleed through.  That was a mistake, I should've used one. Anyway, I have a version with full instrumentation that I will post also.

Edit: I would love to have you involved in future endeavors.  

Looking forward to hearing it! It is a really good song, let me know when the other version is up. Happy to do a mix of it if you have the separates.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Great song, if you do need someone to mix your stuff I'd be happy to do it. Btw just joking about the vocal DB, hopefully got my reference lol.

Sure man, I would be down with that. There are a lot of talented people on here that I would like to collaborate with.  It seems that I should get the reference but it's not coming to me.😊

15 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Sure man, I would be down with that. There are a lot of talented people on here that I would like to collaborate with.  It seems that I should get the reference but it's not coming to me.😊

If you wanna hear some of my mixing skills, on the GNRleaks reddit I posted a remastered / remix of Better & a remastered version of You Could be Mine.

28 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

nice, would you mind sharing the chords so i can try and play it at home

thanks

Absolutely, but I have to warn you it's a really complicated progression.😄 Just kidding. It's in E then goes to G and A. In the chorus part "little by little it takes its toll" it goes D to E.  Then at the end of the chorus "if you dance with the devil you'll never have to sell your soul" it's G,D,A.

Edit: During the intro I'm strumming E,G,A7

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Absolutely, but I have to warn you it's a really complicated progression.😄 Just kidding. It's in E then goes to G and A. In the chorus part "little by little it takes its toll" it goes D to E.  Then at the end of the chorus "if you dance with the devil you'll never have to sell your soul" it's G,D,A.

Edit: During the intro I'm strumming E,G,A7

great, thanks!

gonna have to learn A7 today!

Edited by ludurigan

33 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

great, thanks!

gonna have to learn A7 today!

Very cool, there are two ways to play a standard A7.  Just play an A chord and put your ring finger on the small E string on the third fret.  Or just play an A chord but leave the G string open, using your middle and ring finger(or index and middle finger).  It sounds more complicated than it really is trying to explain it.😊