Top 10 GNR Guitar Solos

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'm sorry to say but Buckehead's Nightrain solo is just a turd. Technically perfect, but still a turd.

It doesn't even come close to Slash's composition with his emotional melodies and bendings and these tasteful runs.

I just listened to Bucketheads solo from 2002 Boston, not really a big fan. Its a solo, i don't feel like it fits the song

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AxlsMainMan said:

Matt's drums sound better on TSI than UYI in particular for me. 

Yeah I totally agree - it is similar but had a bit more bite to it while still having the signature GNR Matt "dark reverby" drum sound.  I honestly think TSI is the best sounding GNR album post-AFD, loud mastering aside

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

How could you take BH's Nightrain solo over the monstrous original outro?

feel like I'm takin crazy pills

matter of fact how could you take any solo over that outro.... I'll fight you... hold me back!!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, AxlsMainMan said:

Matt's drums sound better on TSI than UYI in particular for me. 

Guns were really hitting their technical peak around TSI. Its a real shame we didn't get an album of original material then.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

I think the CD material, which I largely really like, being included as GN'R solos is silly.

IDC that CD was released with the GN'R printed on it due to a 'technicality' over ownership rights. That album is an AXL solo record just as much as Snakepit, VR, Loaded, JuJu Hounds etc are solo projects from the other band members.

So we might as well consider ALL of the albums and songs that have released as solo projects since they include at least ONE original GN'R member --- just like CD did. They are no freaking different.

Yeah, yeah, the hardcore CD lineup fans are gonna flame away as they always do -- but they know I'm right. Like it or not. They're simply hiding behind the technicality of the name that was permitted to be printed on the spine of the record/CD due to a controversial legal agreement.

It doesn't change the fact that every album released post 1993 has included no more than 2 original members. Or 3 members of the post IZZY/STEVEN lineups. But mostly, it's been ONE member -- hence a SOLO project.

If the current lineup ever releases new, original material, it'll involve the highest amount of original members (3) since 1991 AND will also have the GN'R name printed on it. However there will still be a very large faction of fans that won't consider it to be truly GN'R since IZZY and STEVEN aren't involved (mostly due to IZZY's absence).

So why on earth should CD be considered GN'R while not including all the other albums SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, or STEVEN created? Makes no sense.

I say consider them ALL for your top 10 lists.

Edited by thunderram