COVID-19: Quarantine Self Help Group

lilacmess

From total freedom ,now this fuckin cage,they should let me go man,i jave no fucking virus,7 days already and my mind is plain tricks on me,fighting with gf already,finish the weed, the booze,throw up 1 time come back to sleep what else can i do ,i put loud music ,no one gives a shit,nobody is lowd to enter my room like im some kind of monster!

20 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Um, what's L7? I remember the band.😄  I had to Google it and says it's slang for someone who is "square".

Yeah, you got it - the band! Was a reference to -W.A.R-'s signature which mentions L7, along with other Riot Grrrl artists. :headbang: (You can only see the signatures on larger screens like desktops.)

I wonder if that slang is where they took their name from?

41 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, you got it - the band! Was a reference to -W.A.R-'s signature which mentions L7, along with other Riot Grrrl artists. :headbang: (You can only see the signatures on larger screens like desktops.)

I wonder if that slang is where they took their name from?

Oh cool. Yeah, I would think that's where they got the name.

• Like 1

Ive been following the 'wear actual pants for at least two hours a day' thing. Its a good rule that helps maintain the feeling of being a reasonably mature, modern human being, lol. And along those lines Ive been going an extra step and Im keeping water and milk in fancy, swing top, glass bottles. Y'know, to help class up the joint. (normally milk comes in plastic bags here!)

My version of putting out the table cloth and using the good china. 

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Now that I’m in lockdown, I’ve been talking to more friends on social media, texting, calling, Skyping, etc., to try to maintain some level of human interaction... And if this has taught me anything, it’s that most people actually aren’t really all that nice...

i can’t seem to get through a single conversation anymore without someone trying to shove their opinion down my throat, and refusing to accept if I feel differently about whatever the topic at hand is. Even something as simple as a kids movie can spark a huge debate. I understand that everyone is stressed right now, and maybe not in their right frame of mind, but come on!

Times are tough enough already as is. Why can’t we all just get along?

Edited by rocknroll41

Even though my daughter is only in kindergarten she's the type of kid who genuinely loves school and learning, so aside from missing seeing her friends she's really starting to miss just being in school in general. Luckily there's plenty of online material from her school that we have access to, so we've been working through some of that to keep to somewhat of a routine. I'm by no means stressing about the necessity of home schooling but I'm fortunate that she genuinely enjoys learning.

Then she goes to bed and I just drink beer and play Switch. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Now that I’m in lockdown, I’ve been talking to more friends on social media, texting, calling, Skyping, etc., to try to maintain some level of human interaction... And if this has taught me anything, it’s that most people actually aren’t really all that nice...

i can’t seem to get through a single conversation anymore without someone trying to shove their opinion down my throat, and refusing to accept if I feel differently about whatever the topic at hand is. Even something as simple as a kids movie can spark a huge debate. I understand that everyone is stressed right now, and maybe not in their right frame of mind, but come on!

Times are tough enough already as is. Why can’t we all just get along?

I hide soooooo much stuff on social media. Pretty much anything political. 

But yeah, I totally see your point when you mention how even a kids movie can spark a debate. 

I end a lot of discussions on social media with "different strokes" or something similar lol

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I hide soooooo much stuff on social media. Pretty much anything political. 

But yeah, I totally see your point when you mention how even a kids movie can spark a debate. 

I end a lot of discussions on social media with "different strokes" or something similar lol

Yeah my default phrase to get out of that situation it “too each their own!” That’s what I’ve been having to say a lot lately.

i was already an aspiring writer before all of this, but now I’ve been writing even more of my own fiction. Might as well create my own “worlds” where I don’t have to worry about who I piss off and who I don’t.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 12:51 PM, RussTCB said:

Every Friday for about the past 7 years, I've had people over to my house to spin records. 

Given what's been going on, we're unable to do that currently. Starting last Friday, I've been going on Facebook Live and spinning records for whomever wants to join the feed. 

I've been taking requests, chatting and just having fun in general. We had people from several states and even other countries join, which has been awesome. 

The only pain in the ass is getting shut down every so often due to copyright. Generally I'm able to go for about 40 minutes, then the feed will get shut down due to copyright. I just start a new feed every time and have everyone join the new one. That part is a really big pain in the ass but at least I can just start a new feed. 

My Facebook account is private due to a couple of "fans" who've crossed the line with their behavior in the past, but if any users here would like to join in, shoot me a PM here and I'll give you my account info to find me :)

In any case, that's something small I've been doing to help myself cope and give others something to join in on. 

For anyone interested, I'll be doing all of the above again tonight :)

• Like 3