GNR Harlem Apollo 2017-07-20 All Day TODAY on SiriusXM Channel 30

SiriusXM has been airing a different concert for 24 hours straight on Channel 30 over the last 9 days.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/relive-live-concerts-from-paul-mccartney-lady-gaga-more-on-limited-run-channel/

The GNR Harlem Apollo 2017 show will air for at least another 18 hours on SiriusXM, so if you're trapped at home due to COVID19, and have a SXM subscription, check it out.

While Axl's "mickey vocals" are in full force, at least the Harlem 2017 re-broadcast is of the rarely heard Caram Costanzo "remix", which aired a few times, several months after the original live performance.

For those that don't remember, the original Live mix was bottom heavy and sounded like shit! :vomit:

Stay safe and enjoy! :headbang:

Edited by rockphantom

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a recording of the Caram mix didn't make it out to collector's circles did it?

I know we have to talk in code about such sensitive things now, so let me try to be reaaal subtle.....

Somebody should really make a nice high quality recording of this.  And then maybe send it to some people.  And then those people can send it to other people.  And we can all be happy.  And enjoy it.  And enjoy being good and following the rules.

The Caram remix is "out there".

It cannot be shared publicly (on torrent sites like DIME/TTD) because SiriusXM is a premium service, so you know how that goes...

I wouldn't be surprised if someone captures today's re-broadcast.

Who knows if the Apollo 2017 gig will ever be aired again after today? 

It’s not the worst performance by any means (it’s better than I remember actually) but it’s just a pity the spots of the NITL tour where Axl was in good vocal form (or even the gig from the other night in Mexico) didn’t get recorded for a stream like this.

23 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

The original live mix was a bottom heavy, poorly mixed, muddy mess.

Caram's remix is much clearer and more dynamic.

There is a night and day difference to me.

Yeah, it was very poor indeed. I stayed up all night to listen to it and was disappointed. 

Be very keen to hear this new version.....has anyone put it on youtube or anywhere else? No need for links, but saying 'yes it's on youtube' would surely fit in with the guidelines here! 

has SiriusXM been playing songs from that show as part if their regular rotation?  I just got a new car that has SiriusXM and heard Its So easy and Brownstone.  sound quality wasnt very good, but Axl sounded pretty good (as he tends to on those songs).  I assumed the recordings were from 2017 but perhaps could have been older.  anyone know?

16 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Guns themselves should offer up some shows on Spotify in this lull of the entertainment industry. Add this show, add some Illusions stuff, add the Ritz, and so forth. No expensive physical anthology - just do a Spotify dump to keep us sane.

"GND should..." has to be the most commonly used term on this forum. Second would be "GNR won't...." 

• GNFNR 1

35 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Guns themselves should offer up some shows on Spotify in this lull of the entertainment industry. Add this show, add some Illusions stuff, add the Ritz, and so forth. No expensive physical anthology - just do a Spotify dump to keep us sane.

That would be great but knowing them they won't do it.