Norah Jones covers Patience

Blackstar

I love how she sings the outro! Heavy on the fourth I think??

The guitar was a but uninspired though. Reminded me of Billy Gibbons shitting the bed when he guested during NITL on Patience. I wonder if theres something about the chord progression that feels 'unnatural' for rootsy players?

Edited by soon

Beautiful piano/vocal. The pedal steel although I loved some of the lines, distracted more than anything.

She has such a lovely voice! I ha e got to listen to more of her albums... fortunately I have loads of time to do that now😅

5 hours ago, soon said:

I love how she sings the outro! Heavy on the fourth I think??

The guitar was a but uninspired though. Reminded me of Billy Gibbons shitting the bed when he guested during NITL on Patience. I wonder if theres something about the chord progression that feels 'unnatural' for rootsy players?

Oh, I must've missed the Billy Gibbons thing, was it really bad?

13 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

Wow, if axl could only turn on a camera in his house and play us a concert when we most need him

hope they are all ok and safe and able to do something like this

having said that, i believe duff is the one more likely to do something like that, one can almost expect him to do something similar to this at some point

izzy? it should come as a big surprise if he ever does something like this, but i wouldn't bet against it. after all he has done this before (more than once) and could very well do it again. I would love to watch him singing any of his solo tunes, but I would specially love to watch him singing GNR songs, specially the ones that he wrote, in five minutes or more!. I would also love to listen to him singing ''new'' covers like he did with Stuck in the Middle With You and Sunshine.

i can see stevie sitting on his drum kit, turning on the camera and playing along with some appetite song. He also has done that in the past, there is that You Could Be Mine video he did at this home if i am not mistaken. And there is that priceless Rocket Queen video. If he by any chance gets to do that for every GN'R track that he has ever played on it should be a lot of fun to watch and something to cherish and remember.

i dont see slash doing it unless he has a singer or another musician by his side. which is a shame. it should be fun to have him playing acoustic versions of whatever he wants to play by himself or with whoever that happens to be by his side at home.

i dont expect anything from axl for a long time now, much less something like this. am i wrong to say that this type of careless performance doesnt fit with whatever vision that axl seems to have for himself? anyway. i hope i am wrong and i hope he can do something like that with someone playing acoustic guitar by his side. there are few things better in music than axl singing to an acoustic guitar. the very short footage of him and west arkeen doing yesterdays and the garden at the scrap bar just came to my mind.

lets see what the future brings us

19 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Oh, I must've missed the Billy Gibbons thing, was it really bad?

I think it was pretty bad. I remember not being alone in thinking that at the time. He didnt play much for the entire song, so its likely he couldnt hear himself.

And I deeply respect him as a player. He's my favourite guitarists - Jeff Becks - favourite guitarist.

Im wondering if our esteemed fellow rocker @Tom2112 was speaking about Jeff Tweedys take on Noras cover?

3 hours ago, soon said:

I think it was pretty bad. I remember not being alone in thinking that at the time. He didnt play much for the entire song, so its likely he couldnt hear himself.

And I deeply respect him as a player. He's my favourite guitarists - Jeff Becks - favourite guitarist.

Im wondering if our esteemed fellow rocker @Tom2112 was speaking about Jeff Tweedys take on Noras cover?

I was 100% on about the Norah cover😄 poor aul Billy didn't do very well with it!!

• GNFNR 1

Anyone notice the leaks are in the comments of that stereogum.com link? “Jackmoon” Posted them as “Legend of the Red Panda” leak. All songs except State of Grace and Ballad of Death. For those that don’t have them yet. 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Hey sort of noodled with some licks but he didn't know it at all. Not sure why he threw himself under the bus like that! 

fuck!

ĩ would love to have a version of patience with billy playing izzy parts and then sharing the solo duties with slash

i am sure he would play the rhythm parts in his own unique way and that that would be brilliant

specially if it was just him and slash, lets say a bit like gilby and slash did on wild horses during the illusion era

i am pretty sure that that would be wonderful, no need for anyone else if you ask me

unless of course that axl and the blonde king of yoga decided to join them in the same style that they joined gilby and slash on wild horses

ah let me tell you one of the shittiest things about these guest performances is when the guest gets buried by the band

like when izzy guested with VR and he was buried by kushner, when izzy and slash played on that 20 years appetite party and their interplay was buried by whoever else was playing guitar onstage and when izzy guested with axl for years and his guitar playing was always buried in the mix by whoever was onstage playing rhythm guitar

12 hours ago, Bodi said:

Anyone notice the leaks are in the comments of that stereogum.com link? “Jackmoon” Posted them as “Legend of the Red Panda” leak. All songs except State of Grace and Ballad of Death. For those that don’t have them yet. 

And Jackmoon’s comment and leak link is gone now. 

Wonderful, thanks for posting that!

I saw Norah live at the Joint in Las Vegas years ago.  She was so pumped to be playing at the Hard Rock that she got up off the piano bench and said she felt like Axl Rose and proceeded to snake dance and drag her microphone stand around in a perfect imitation of the man himself.  Most of her fans were shocked and confused while I thought it was just so kick ass.

She’s cool.

• Like 3