Duff McKagan to go live with AWOLNATION on Wednesday March 25th @ 12pm PST

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

We have talked about this before, but I talked to Aaron and Issac Carpenter (ex-Loaded) in early 2017, and at the time it seems like it was supposed to be in play for late 2017, but I think AWOL decided to write their new album during that time instead

Cool.  I don't recall that information.  Hopefully when touring recommences they'll get another opportunity to open for Guns.  

19 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I could give you that update right now.

"We all want to do it."

"We're jamming and recording ideas all the time."

"I can't really talk about that."

add one more: " you know, if we all just show some tenderness, it will all work itself out"

damn, every time he says that I get hungry for chicken tenders...

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I want Baz to open for GNR again since he's the only one that ever tells us about new songs.

Considering he was the support for Axls GNR when they toured oz in 07, im surprised this hasn't happened again.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I just started watching but I guess I'm 45 min late? Anything good said in regard to upcoming GNR plans?

Right now they're talking about in-ear monitors. Then one of Duff's dogs wandered in, so he is talking about his pug right now. 

Edit #1: In regard to backing vocals, Aaron asked if Duff covers Shannon Hoon's parts. Duff said yeah but didn't have anything to say about Hoon. I thought maybe he'd tell an anecdote or something, but Duff seems to be really into talking about his in-ears. So he continued on about that. haha

Edit #2: Duff is going into his home workout routines and how his daughters have shown him some exercises.

Edit #3: "To all you toilet paper hoarders out there: FUCK YOU. I try not to hoard anything, so we didn't."

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

Nothing about future plans...he talked about rehearsals in 2016, opening for Aerosmith in '88, a ton of time on ear monitors and how he sets them up in rehearsal and at live gigs and his families lack of toilet paper

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

What waste of time even during quarantine...

This guy wasnt able to ask about new music...WTF

Yep, pretty silly...Duff was like a kid with ADD. He just kept going and going about the ear monitors. 

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

Nothing about future plans...he talked about rehearsals in 2016, opening for Aerosmith in '88, a ton of time on ear monitors and how he sets them up in rehearsal and at live gigs and his families lack of toilet paper

Ear monitors and Toilet Paper! Oh yeah just what we've been waiting to hear about. 

Hopefully there'll be a one with Slash about Guitar Strings and Washing Up Liquid 

• Haha 4

I went back and watched it. I don't know what you all are complaining about; it wasn't supposed to be a formal interview, just two friends chatting about whatever. It was pretty obvious that Duff wasn't going to be asked about new music. As a musician myself I enjoyed hearing him talk about the monitors and the other stuff; I really wish I could hang out with him sometime and just talk about stuff and jam in his basement. And anyways, even if he was asked about it he probably would've given the same vague answer as before. He's not going to make a major announcement on Instagram Live while talking to his buddy.

As I said before, I wish Slash and Duff would do one together, just talking about whatever. Or Slash and the SMKC guys.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I went back and watched it. I don't know what you all are complaining about; it wasn't supposed to be a formal interview, just two friends chatting about whatever. It was pretty obvious that Duff wasn't going to be asked about new music. As a musician myself I enjoyed hearing him talk about the monitors and the other stuff; I really wish I could hang out with him sometime and just talk about stuff and jam in his basement. And anyways, even if he was asked about it he probably would've given the same vague answer as before. He's not going to make a major announcement on Instagram Live while talking to his buddy.

As I said before, I wish Slash and Duff would do one together, just talking about whatever. Or Slash and the SMKC guys.

Yeah, except for the fact that the guy who was talking with Duff required all the questions we wanted him to ask and he didnt ask any of them

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2020 at 6:17 AM, MildlyArtistic said:

I could give you that update right now.

"We all want to do it."

"We're jamming and recording ideas all the time."

"I can't really talk about that."

thanks for the headsup.

I don't need to watch that anymore.

I saw a bit of this interview on Instagram earlier. Did anyone else catch the whole thing? 

Seemed like a cop out at the end “I can ask the question everyone wants me to ask, but I won’t because I shouldn’t...” :facepalm:

Edited by metallex78

8 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I saw a bit of this interview on Instagram earlier. Did anyone else catch the whole thing? 

Seemed like a cop out at the end “I can ask the question everyone wants me to ask, but I won’t because I shouldn’t...” :facepalm:

Doesn't look like it's available anymore. Would've liked to have seen it.