Milwauke concert cancelled/postponed

Not mentioned on the band's website, but the Milwaukee show which was supposed to be the first date of the North American leg looks to have been cancelled. The event 'summerfest' of which it was part is rescheduled for September, but there's no mention of when/if the GNR show scheduled as part of the event will take place. 

Personally I think September is ambitious for rescheduling....but we'll see. 

If this thread isn't in the right place, would be great if someone could move it. 

Edited by allwaystired

5 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Don’t think there will be any large scale events  held for a while. Not until treatments get better or a vaccine  

I think that there needs to be more research into how this virus spreads with respect to "large gatherings."  A nightclub or party can have one infected person be in prolonged, close contact with a large percentage of attendees.  At a concert or sporting event, each person is only in prolonged, close contact with the people seated right around them.  If precautions are taken at entrances and concessions (which may involve spacing people out and longer waits), it is possible that a concert or sporting event would not provide the same opportunity for spread as a nightclub or party.  

The virus doesn't jump around like a game of telephone.  Once it spreads to the person next to you, they aren't instantly contagious and won't become contagious until some time after everybody has left the concert.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying just say screw it and allow concerts and sporting events.  I'm saying that the experts and researchers need to figure out more about how it spreads and the result of that study might allow different "large gatherings" to be treated differently.

It is also possible that when they get the serology test rolled out to determine who has already been infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, it might be discovered that 30% of the population has already had it and recovered with mild or no symptoms.

All of these factors will determine if the North American summer dates can happen.  I'm surprised that the Summerfest was postponed so far in advance.  I'd think that event organizers would wait until we get through April before making decisions about events in July.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I wonder if GnR will still play.

Were any of the other US shows festival dates? If not, maybe the band can reschedule the entire US tour to fit with this new date.

There's no way that summer tour is going ahead. Also, they are livenation dates, which... are indefinitely on hold! so unless GNR decide to promote their own tour, they are not going out until the cease of touring is lifted by Livenation. 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

There's no way that summer tour is going ahead. Also, they are livenation dates, which... are indefinitely on hold! so unless GNR decide to promote their own tour, they are not going out until the cease of touring is lifted by Livenation. 

Thanks for clarifying! I’m not too familiar with the business.

6 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

It's really only a matter of time before the North American tour is postponed IMO.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree, may not be until next year. 

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thanks for clarifying! I’m not too familiar with the business.

No bother :) GNR just like to leave confusion out there, if you missed the Live nation announcement you would easily be confused! They should have shared the announcement with an asterisk of 'hoping that the dates do go ahead, but until further notice they aren't'... but they don't do things like that.

Edited by Tom2112

Wait, there are still people who think some of the shows still could randomly run? It's all cancelled, guys. Postponed till fall, and that's just the smaller part. Some of the gigs will have to wait until summer 2021, because of the venue sizes. 
In any case, we all know the boys will at last devote their time to the new record, right...? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Wait, there are still people who think some of the shows still could randomly run? It's all cancelled, guys. Postponed till fall, and that's just the smaller part. Some of the gigs will have to wait until summer 2021, because of the venue sizes. 
In any case, we all know the boys will at last devote their time to the new record, right...? 

100% this.

If anything, I recommend we turn this thread into updates regarding each cancellation.

16 hours ago, ivelliosRP said:

Do you think there will be some online concerts broadcasted via YouTube in case gunners cannot play live for weeks or even months due to COVID-19?

If GNR had a singer who could sing, then yes. But alas, they have Axl, so no.

19 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Don’t think there will be any large scale events  held for a while. Not until treatments get better or a vaccine  

Well if trump wants people back at work by easter his administration must be leaning on scientists to come up with a vaccine in record time!.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah of course they are. That they haven't been announced as doing so is plain weird.....but probably tied up to wanting to keep money earning interest for as long as possible before having to pay it back. 

There's no 'ifs' or 'buts' here- the tour isn't happening. 

It's not even certain a vaccine will happen at all.

People usually only stay immune to other Corona viruses for about 3 months... although symptoms "might be" milder a second time (more like a common cold).

Good luck to you all... and myself included. I live in Europe. Shit is falling apart here fast. All you can do is pray now, that you're one of the lucky ones who doesn't need to go to a hospital and can tough it out (80 to 90 percent of the population, it's not a death sentence for all of us... but scary nonetheless, because it hits all age groups and you have no guarantees whatsoever how your body will react to it... even if you are young and healthy).

My biggest fear is getting no help, because the health care system will be overwhelmed. Which makes a big difference in my age group (39 years old... 5% need hospital, 0.2% died... but without medical care I'm afraid I'm looking at 5% instead of 0.2%).

Where I live, schools are closed for a week now and everybody does "social distancing"... which basically means keeping at least 1m50 distance to other people. Because the droplets with Corona in them, usually don't go much further than 1 meter. The other thing is cleaning surfaces... which is the most tricky thing (the virus can survive for days on stuff). Because I don't clean all the packaging of groceries and stuff like that. It's just too much and I always forget stuff. But I do wash my hands at lot.

For now my estimate is that about 80000 people in my county have it or are presymptomatic, in a population of 17 million. Which is about 0.5%. My hope is that we can curb it before more and more people get it... because otherwise it's just game over and there is no way to escape from it (it will end up on your groceries if lots of people get it, even if you stay at home). And then all I have left, is hoping I don't need the hospital.

Well... maybe you already guessed it, but a GnR concert is not really on my mind right now. It's not going to happen anytime soon. All concerts will be cancelled.

I wish you all the best. Let's hope we're still here next year and can enjoy life again. A couple of years back I joked we will probaby die sooner than hear a new GnR record. Now it's not funny anymore.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

It's not even certain a vaccine will happen at all.

People usually only stay immune to other Corona viruses for about 3 months... although symptoms "might be" milder a second time (more like a common cold).

Good luck to you all... and myself included. I live in Europe. Shit is falling apart here fast. All you can do is pray now, that you're one of the lucky ones who doesn't need to go to a hospital and can tough it out (80 to 90 percent of the population, it's not a death sentence for all of us... but scary nonetheless, because it hits all age groups and you have no guarantees whatsoever how your body will react to it... even if you are young and healthy).

My biggest fear is getting no help, because the health care system will be overwhelmed. Which makes a big difference in my age group (39 years old... 5% need hospital, 0.2% died... but without medical care I'm afraid I'm looking at 5% instead of 0.2%).

Where I live, schools are closed for a week now and everybody does "social distancing"... which basically means keeping at least 1m50 distance to other people. Because the droplets with Corona in them, usually don't go much further than 1 meter. The other thing is cleaning surfaces... which is the most tricky thing (the virus can survive for days on stuff). Because I don't clean all the packaging of groceries and stuff like that. It's just too much and I always forget stuff. But I do wash my hands at lot.

For now my estimate is that about 80000 people in my county have it or are presymptomatic, in a population of 17 million. Which is about 0.5%. My hope is that we can curb it before more and more people get it... because otherwise it's just game over and there is no way to escape from it (it will end up on your groceries if lots of people get it, even if you stay at home). And then all I have left, is hoping I don't need the hospital.

Well... maybe you already guessed it, but a GnR concert is not really on my mind right now. It's not going to happen anytime soon. All concerts will be cancelled.

I wish you all the best. Let's hope we're still here next year and can enjoy life again. A couple of years back I joked we will probaby die sooner than hear a new GnR record. Now it's not funny anymore.

All the best to you pal. 

If it helps, I think a lot of us feel same here in Europe and I'm sure it's the same for everyone everywhere. I'm just really down, angry and frustrated about everything and feeling trapped and surrounded by idiotic behaviour (I'm struggling to get food because people are STILL hoarding and panic buying). 

I do find coming on here helps though. Communication with the outside world and from people all over the world. 

Try and stay upbeat mate.