Appetite for Distortion - Quarantined with Doug Goldstein | Ep. 181

18 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Apart from his view that he didn’t see an album being released, did he say anything else of note?

Cool story of Slash calling him 3 days before the reunion was announced saying there was no reunion.

8 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Cool story of Slash calling him 3 days before the reunion was announced saying there was no reunion.

Wasnt the case thst even no one knew who was confirmed as part of the gnr lineup for either coachella or the troubador, until the last day?. What a shamble:facepalm:. Slash pRobably wanted to walk then.

Edited by Sydney Fan

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Wasnt the case thst even no one knew who was confirmed as part of the gnr lineup for either coachella or the troubador, until the last day?. What a shamble:facepalm:. Slash pRobably wanted to walk then.

No, Eddie believes Slash was trying to purposely downplay the rumors.

Great job Brando!

You've achieved great things over the years with this podcast and gotten some great names. Thank you for all the hard work!

May I also add that even though I respect Eddie's decision to miss Axl fronting AC/DC out of respect for Brian, I feel he may end up regretting not seeing that once in a lifetime collaboration further down the line. 

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Great job Brando!

You've achieved great things over the years with this podcast and gotten some great names. Thank you for all the hard work!

May I also add that even though I respect Eddie's decision to miss Axl fronting AC/DC out of respect for Brian, I feel he may end up regretting not seeing that once in a lifetime collaboration further down the line. 

That's kind of a silly reason to not go for the show. It's not like they said Axl was going to be their permanent singer, wasn't it implied that this was a temporary situation?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's kind of a silly reason to not go for the show. It's not like they said Axl was going to be their permanent singer, wasn't it implied that this was a temporary situation?

No one knew what happened. The only info that came out was that Brian got a chap at the door and found that they’d put all his tour gear on his drive. It was a strange period but the Young’s have history of being ruthless if rumors are to be believed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dean said:

No one knew what happened. The only info that came out was that Brian got a chap at the door and found that they’d put all his tour gear on his drive. It was a strange period but the Young’s have history of being ruthless if rumors are to be believed.

Still a silly reason not to go. It's not like the news that Eddie Trunk isn't going would change the situation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Still a silly reason not to go. It's not like the news that Eddie Trunk isn't going would change the situation.

True, but he may hold his relationship with Johnson highly and may feel that him being in attendance would be disrespectful to him. Just my two cents but I can see where he’s coming from!

• Like 1