2016 Tour Opener in Detroit - Pro Shot Clips Provided By Live Nation

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry everyone! This is one of the many reasons why we can't allow YouTube videos anymore. I was hoping that with everything going on in the world and the fact that the video said "CLIPS PROVIDED BY LIVE NATION" would mean that these "fans" and TB would give us a break, but NOPE.

Some fans if they want to obliviate gnr from all media and fans.

They are killing off their current fanbase and any potential for new fans.

Edited by vloors
  • GNFNR 1

Meanwhile on Metallica's YouTube Channel (FREE):

- Metallica: Live in Paris, France - September 8, 2017

- Metallica LIVE from ACL Music Fest 2018 on Red Bull TV

These are just a couple of live sets on their YouTube channel.  Move on over to their Met Club (also free to join) and I can and did download for FREE:

- 30 Years of Justice (entire Justice for All tracks live dating from late 80's to close to present date)

- WorldWired in Europe: 2017-2018 (Live WorldWired tour from 8 various concerts)

And to top it off I just paid $50 to join their vinyl club that ships four 7” vinyl records featuring rare, demo, and live cuts from the vault throughout the year (you could have also opted for all 4 at once).  These are handpicked tracks that you can not buy in stores or even on their site.  Also through the year you will receive extra's like picks, stickers, posters, etc...  

Guns tops all of my other favorite bands by a mile, but it is like an abusive relationship.  I just keep finding excuses to stick around.  Waiting for them to do stuff like Metallica.  And I know it's never going to happen.  Yet I'm still here...

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, so lame to remove. And it’s one guy, who has likely been socially distancing for years before we needed to do it?  Get a life, mate. Be kind to others.  Gn’R’s history is longer than its future. Stop preventing people from enjoying music and the band they love. 

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

These are just a couple of live sets on their YouTube channel.  Move on over to their Met Club (also free to join) and I can and did download for FREE:

- 30 Years of Justice (entire Justice for All tracks live dating from late 80's to close to present date)

- WorldWired in Europe: 2017-2018 (Live WorldWired tour from 8 various concerts)

And to top it off I just paid $50 to join their vinyl club that ships four 7” vinyl records featuring rare, demo, and live cuts from the vault throughout the year (you could have also opted for all 4 at once).  These are handpicked tracks that you can not buy in stores or even on their site.  Also through the year you will receive extra's like picks, stickers, posters, etc...  

Guns tops all of my other favorite bands by a mile, but it is like an abusive relationship.  I just keep finding excuses to stick around.  Waiting for them to do stuff like Metallica.  And I know it's never going to happen.  Yet I'm still here...

Yeah - I’ve joined the Vinyl club too. I’ve harped on enough about MetallicA on this forum - but the difference between the two bands in this regard is absolutely staggering.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

I joined the Vinyl Club too. I'm far from a huge Metallica fan (I really only like the first four albums, but still really respect their business model), but it was just too good an offer to pass up. I figure if any of the 7"s are anything I really don't care about, I can sell them and recover some of my money - I'd only have to sell each one for $12.50 to break even. 

• Like 1

Fighting back is pointless as these efforts are quietly supported by Team Brazil. Beta herself, during an attack on a fan, said that 1) they don't know who's doing it (which is a blatant lie), and immediately followed with 2) it will continue to happen (meaning they know and either tacitly approve it or don't care). 

12 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I joined the Vinyl Club too. I'm far from a huge Metallica fan (I really only like the first four albums, but still really respect their business model), but it was just too good an offer to pass up. I figure if any of the 7"s are anything I really don't care about, I can sell them and recover some of my money - I'd only have to sell each one for $12.50 to break even. 

You can bet metallica will do so much more for their fans for the 30th anniversary of the black album next year compared to GNRs effort with the illusion anniversary.

Im keen to see what metallica have instore for their fans for the anniversary.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I’ve joined the Vinyl club too. I’ve harped on enough about MetallicA on this forum - but the difference between the two bands in this regard is absolutely staggering.

Its truly bad....GNR dont deserve the fanbase they have due to their "business model" or lack there of.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

You can bet metallica will do so much more for their fans for the 30th anniversary of the black album next year compared to GNRs effort with the illusion anniversary.

What I'm gonna say is very personal so no offense to anyone.

The problem I have with GNR is that since 2018 I don't give a fuck about them or current state of the band anymore. I'm just checking MyGnr and smth else over discord only for bootlegs collection or discussions about the past (90s, '02, '06 etc).

In fact the more I see Axl getting older the less I'm interested in hearing a new album or anniversary album or anything "new". Don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with seeing your favorite artist getting old. I liked the older David Bowie or Gilmour.

But problem with Axl is that the guy seem to be less and less engaged with music and his vocal performance is literally embarrasing and unlistenable. I personally would get embarrassed to play most of the post 2012 live performances on loud speaker or inside the car for anyone. I don't really get excited anymore to hear or see anything new from this band. Unfortunately those village sessions leaks (despite being massive) couldn't make me happy like the old times either.

I remember I was about to die from happiness when I first listened to Oh My God back in 99. That magic is gone. 

So long story short, Axl is done and I'm glad I'd faced the truth finally. I wish Axl himself could realize it and retire for good. Not everyone can maintain quality live vocal performances or release albums at an older age like Steven Tyler, Rob Halford, David Bowie & Ozzy and so on. Releasing new album, putting up massive 30th anniversary tour, media production etc doesn't get me excited anymore.

It is worthy to mention that Team Brazil did great damage to fans' perception and imagination of their favorite band. But it was Axl who enabled Team Brazil, Beta and that Son of a bitch Fernando to do so.  

PS: In comparison, James Hetfield + Lars Ulrich never let a laundromat to manage their band. That's the secret behind Metallica's continuous success.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

Metallica care about their fanbase far more than GNR ever has. Doing things like uploading ProShot clips from every show, making soundboard audio available for purchase after every show, having fan meet & greets backstage (and having fans standing onstage at every show until a few years ago), and now live-streaming archived ProShots to help fans cope during the COVID-19 crisis.

Whereas GNR, on the other hand, treat their fanbase with nothing but contempt. The manager of the band gets in petty arguments with fans online fucking constantly and treats the band as little more than a merchandising vehicle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

The manager of the band gets in petty arguments with fans online fucking constantly and treats the band as little more than a merchandising vehicle.

Team Brazil is a joke and we all know it.

But who's having the final say in GN'R? 

13 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Metallica was "my band" before Guns (my 1st heavy metal concert was on their Damaged Justice Tour in '89).  At the start of my teenage years their heavy fast sound was right up my ally.  Then of course came Guns and they gave me the classic rock/hard rock/heavy metal/punk fix all in one band.  

Third Man Records Vault, Pearl Jam 10 Club, Metallica Vinyl Club.......just a small sampling of systems set up for fans a long time ago. All of which offer good reasons for purchase and a true value for fans. 

Meanwhile, GN'R fans are stuck with Nightrain. Arguably the worst "fan club" in the history of recorded music. There's literally zero value in paying for Nightrain. Never had been and there seemingly never will be.

That's beside the fact that GN'R themselves are sitting on a metric shit ton of material they could choose to share their fans at any moment. They should be doing that in the first place, and especially in the middle of a worldwide health crisis. 

The fact that GNR hasn't done one single thing to make any sort of effort in doing something for their fans yet speaks volumes about everyone involved with the brand. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Third Man Records Vault, Pearl Jam 10 Club, Metallica Vinyl Club.......just a small sampling of systems set up for fans a long time ago. All of which offer good reasons for purchase and a true value for fans. 

Meanwhile, GN'R fans are stuck with Nightrain. Arguably the worst "fan club" in the history of recorded music. There's literally zero value in paying for Nightrain. Never had been and there seemingly never will be.

That's beside the fact that GN'R themselves are sitting on a metric shit ton of material they could choose to share their fans at any moment. They should be doing that in the first place, and especially in the middle of a worldwide health crisis. 

The fact that GNR hasn't done one single thing to make any sort of effort in doing something for their fans yet speaks volumes about everyone involved with the brand. 

depressing. A combination of greed, not giving a shit, and being painfully ungrateful. Yes, they don't owe us anything, we can always choose to not follow the band anymore and not buy tickets and merch but honestly I think they're just exploiting our love for the band and it's music.

Shit... even the most cold and calculated companies understand that a good relationship with their customers is important or at least couldn't hurt. It will be so easy for Axl to give something back so to speak, but he only does something note worthy when he's got something to promote. I don't believe for a second he's totally oblivious to the situation. I think he knows but couldn't care less at this point.

The band has been nothing but a money grabbing entity since the release of Chinese Democracy. I remember when Jimmy Kimmel did that interview with Axl. I liked it but when Kimmel told Axl there were some twitter questions from fans he looked so worried. No one has told him about it. He needed time to prepare for it. No spontaneity.

what band treat their hardcore fans like they're a threat? so silly and unnecessary. No way Slash and Duff would have handled it like this if they were not a part of Axl's band.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

I'm not really into Metallica but that sounds really good. Definitely getting your money's worth.

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Metallica care about their fanbase far more than GNR ever has. Doing things like uploading ProShot clips from every show, making soundboard audio available for purchase after every show, having fan meet & greets backstage (and having fans standing onstage at every show until a few years ago), and now live-streaming archived ProShots to help fans cope during the COVID-19 crisis.

Whereas GNR, on the other hand, treat their fanbase with nothing but contempt. The manager of the band gets in petty arguments with fans online fucking constantly and treats the band as little more than a merchandising vehicle.

So unfortunate, it has really tarnished my view of the band recently.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Don't forget U2.com. as shitty as nightrain