Jump to content
GS67

2016 Tour Opener in Detroit - Pro Shot Clips Provided By Live Nation

Recommended Posts

So - this footage is from Michigan? Looks like there was a lot of cameras etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DTJ80 said:

So - this footage is from Michigan? Looks like there was a lot of cameras etc.

Pretty sure this is the case at every show since. Unfortunately they do this for no good reason since fans never get to see it or buy it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GS67 said:

Pretty sure this is the case at every show since. Unfortunately they do this for no good reason since fans never get to see it or buy it 

I think they cast the stream from the cameras onto the large screens so people far away from the stage can see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

I think they cast the stream from the cameras onto the large screens so people far away from the stage can see.

Probably right. But they have the footage for us if they really wanted to put it out in some fashion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GS67 said:

Probably right. But they have the footage for us if they really wanted to put it out in some fashion 

I think they released one of the shows from 2014. Probably not realistic that they will release another concert this soon. Would be cool, though, if all of the shows were made available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't this the show they got the recording of and then there was some issue with payment of the camera crew? 

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think they released one of the shows from 2014. Probably not realistic that they will release another concert this soon. Would be cool, though, if all of the shows were made available.

News to me! You sure this happened?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the best concert I've ever been to

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a great show. We had a party bus and a great group of friends and family.  The sound and vibe at this show was like being back to 1992 again.   I hope that the show this year still happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm going to TRY to leave the embedded video up for this seeing as it says several times throughout the video that the footage is provided by Live Nation. Hopefully the video stays up and no one messes with our site for no good reason :)

Having said that.... What a day that was!! @Powerage5and I cracked our first beers by 9am! We held an all day pre party with a lot of my local friends coming by as well as many forum members.

I remember @ZoSoRose @Wagszilla @downzy and many others stopping by. One of the coolest things was the "Izzy heads" that @KURT19 brought with him. I still have a few of those! Haha.

In any case, we had such an awesome day long party that all lead up to a fantastic GNR show. What a great time 2016 was! 

That was such a fun day - I’m glad you twisted my arm into doing Detroit that year! I always love spinning records at your place. Also a great gig - it was fun to see the proper opening night of the NITL tour, and that’s still my favorite NITL show that I went to. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

That was such a fun day - I’m glad you twisted my arm into doing Detroit that year! I always love spinning records at your place. Also a great gig - it was fun to see the proper opening night of the NITL tour, and that’s still my favorite NITL show that I went to. 

I saw the tour 3 times; Vegas 2, Detroit and Chicago 2. Detroit was my favorite for many reasons. 

I was happy that you and I followed through on our plan to start the drinking at 9am haha. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ha, the day of this show is the day I joined this forum. :) I’d been lurking for months, but finally joined on the first night of their tour to live-chat the shows with fans. What a blast 2016 was. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yourcrazy said:

That was a great show. We had a party bus and a great group of friends and family.  The sound and vibe at this show was like being back to 1992 again.   I hope that the show this year still happens.  

Oh man, I wish you guys would've had a chance to stop by our pre party on your party bus! 

Assuming the GN'R tour gets rescheduled someday, I'll definitely do another pre party for whomever wants to join :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wasn't this the show they got the recording of and then there was some issue with payment of the camera crew? 

News to me! You sure this happened?! 

That was Vegas and/or San diego

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GS67 said:

Probably right. But they have the footage for us if they really wanted to put it out in some fashion 

They don’t want to. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man those LALD screams are still prettt decent. That scream was at it's peak in 2002, holy crap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×