So Izzy has a birthday coming up next

Amaya

Get ready for Instagram shout from Steven, Duff, Meegan for Slash, lol, cos he seems forgetful.                                               58 years old for Izzy. You would think, these guys all over 55 now, 55 to 58, would reflect back to their good times and look at fate, luck, timing  and a miracle brought them together.  The music was just the right mix. You would think they  could think back at  living out of each others pockets of being so broke to , being honest and it is not impolite to say in this context,  but they   are  multimillionaries several times over.. Matt too.  You would think they would think back that they escaped death a few times each during the 1980s. Steven, Duff, Slash were still escaping death a few times over in the 1990s.  All that to say and I am not being depressing, but their younger years and most years are behind them.  So all 6 get in a room together and see if they can create some music together. No room for egos and grudges at 55 to 58 years old.  20 years from now they will be in their 70s.   My point , when are they going to make up together? 30 years from now they will be in their 80s.

Pardon me for repeating myself again pretty much  on this subject.

• Like 1

I think on a personal level they are all getting along well. I'm sure they visit each other regularily and have dinner together, and remeniscing about old times.

they don't necessarily have to think "we like to create music together". It's perfectly thinkable that, well in their 50s, they don't feel the need to create anymore. 

You tend to be more creative when there's young blood running in your veins.

it's just the fans that feel entitled to new music. doesn't give the band an obligation in and of itself. New music should have happened when they were young, but they threw that away. that won't come back, it's gone for good.

• Like 2

The AFD five, plus Matt, are incredibly immature people imho. It took 23 years and boat load of cash - and indeed the boat itself too, looking at you Duff - to get just 50% of these man babies to even flesh out a very basic co-worker relationship. I don't see anything beyond that happening, sadly.

And I don't buy the 'older people are less creative' thing. Philip Glass is 83 and he presented not one, but two new works in 2019. One of which is the score to Broadways King Lear! John Williams is 88 and he just scored the new Star Wars and won a 2020 Grammy for it! Willie Nelson is 86 and has released pretty much an album or two a year from 1962-2020. And his new album is tight af!

Heres the thing with rockers who grow creatively stagnant; they didn't continue to develop new musical skills. They get the world handed to them at age 21 for having a basic grasp of an intermediate level of hard rock prowess. Most are therefore complacent and cocky, so they never get much further in their skills. And imho that harkens back to the immaturity issue.

It's arrested development on every level :shrugs:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, soon said:

The AFD five, plus Matt, are incredibly immature people imho. It took 23 years and boat load of cash - and indeed the boat itself too, looking at you Duff - to get just 50% of these man babies to even flesh out a very basic co-worker relationship. I don't see anything beyond that happening, sadly.

And I don't buy the 'older people are less creative' thing. Philip Glass is 83 and he presented not one, but two new works in 2019. One of which is the score to Broadways King Lear! John Williams is 88 and he just scored the new Star Wars and won a 2020 Grammy for it! Willie Nelson is 86 and has released pretty much an album or two a year from 1962-2020. And his new album is tight af!

Heres the thing with rockers who grow creatively stagnant; they didn't continue to develop new musical skills. They get the world handed to them at age 21 for having a basic grasp of an intermediate level of hard rock prowess. Most are therefore complacent and cocky, so they never get much further in their skills. And imho that harkens back to the immaturity issue.

It's arrested development on every level :shrugs:

From a fellow musician who's incredibly immature, you're totally right.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, soon said:

The AFD five, plus Matt, are incredibly immature people imho. It took 23 years and boat load of cash - and indeed the boat itself too, looking at you Duff - to get just 50% of these man babies to even flesh out a very basic co-worker relationship.

there seems to be very different levels of maturity in the GNR guys

axl and steven apparently seem to be really, really immature

axl apparently surrended to the yes men since doug goldstein and never looked back

steven apparently is a kid at heart always trying to have a good time and sometimes too much good time doesnt end well as he surely knows by now

slash and duff apparently can handle themselves like adults outside GNR, they have had somewhat small but consistent, solid solo careers. inside GNR Duff and Slash have betrayed all that they said for years about the reunion etc but thats another story

izzy apparently is pretty mature, pretty smart, and by all accounts he has been behaving like an adult since 1991, hasnt he?

58 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

axl apparently surrended to the yes men since doug goldstein and never looked back

steven apparently is a kid at heart always trying to have a good time and sometimes too much good time doesnt end well as he surely knows by now

slash and duff apparently can handle themselves like adults outside GNR, they have had somewhat small but consistent, solid solo careers. inside GNR Duff and Slash have betrayed all that they said for years about the reunion etc but thats another story

izzy apparently is pretty mature, pretty smart, and by all accounts he has been behaving like an adult since 1991, hasnt he?

Yep and has released more music than the others.

7 hours ago, ludurigan said:

I agree about Axl and Steven. But for Duff and Slash you seem to base their maturity on their ability to release music? If that were the case, I’d point to how they all fucked up VR - through the public press no less! But I think they show grievous immaturity to this day. certainly Duff is not stagnant creatively and does a variety of very cool and fresh projects. He continues to grow in musical maturity.

But I mean, have you even seen Slashs Instagram?? Lol

And Duff gives those cringy interviews about how guns were never misogynists to RS and is still whining about that ‘terrible’ CNN interviewer who asked him about ISE. If that isnt immaturity, then allow me to direct you to exhibit b: the punk as fuck t shirt.

As far as Izzy goes, I consider being flaky to be an expression of immaturity. Izzy flaked out on the cathouse podcast in recent months. He is likely the most mature based on the little that we know. I agree with you there too.

Axl crazy.

Slash doesn't want to deal with crap anymore so goes with flow.

Duff spineless.

Steve a child.

Iz doesn't want to put up with crap unless he gets his fair share of cash.

Dizzy definition of spinless.

Matt maybe even most personality out of all of the above. Remember he was the only one who stood up vs Axl in Mannheim, although he was new in the band.

1997 stood up for Slash vs Axl even if it ment fiering. Considering Frank was called back last minute 2016, he was probably even called back once Steven was out but probably costed more tha Frank.

Gilby - cool guy.

Everyone post 1994 is so far from original band - I don't even consider 'band' but a replacement of a replacement of a replacement

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Axl crazy.

Slash doesn't want to deal with crap anymore so goes with flow.

Duff spineless.

Steve a child.

Iz doesn't want to put up with crap unless he gets his fair share of cash.

Dizzy definition of spinless.

Matt maybe even most personality out of all of the above. Remember he was the only one who stood up vs Axl in Mannheim, although he was new in the band.

1997 stood up for Slash vs Axl even if it ment fiering. Considering Frank was called back last minute 2016, he was probably even called back once Steven was out but probably costed more tha Frank.

Gilby - cool guy.

Everyone post 1994 is so far from original band - I don't even consider 'band' but a replacement of a replacement of a replacement

Dizzy is "spinless", isn't that an oxymoron?

On 4/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Politania said:

I

On 4/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Politania said:

Izzy has jus tweeted! check his twitter. he's alive :lol:

zzy has jus tweeted! check his twitter. he's alive :lol:

Ohoh. I did not read his one sentence. Yet.  I am sure it is one sentence. Thank for the birthday wishes.     Probably that.  Until Christmas for the next Izzy   comminication.                                                                                                                                              No the 6 of them don't   have to do anything together. I agree. I don't agree that they keep in touch. Matt is friends with Duff, Slash. Duff n Slash are friends.Matt is in touch with Izzy.  We have pictures of them together.. FP Money is a good song too. For what Slash n Duff got for the tour, they tolerated   Axl and his crew. I dont think Izzy comminicates with Axl. We know Axl does not bother with Steven and Matt.

Edited by Amaya