With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

At some point, they will have to refund. I hope there is a class action lawsuit per your point on them switching their refund policy 

We'll see. They'll do everything in their power to classify as many events as possible as "postponed", so they don't have to call them "cancelled" and issue refunds. 

28 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Like I said before, the new Ranger Stadium hasn't even opened yet, so there's no way Texas would allow concerts before the Rangers play a baseball game. 

LOL, no. They'll take the money for whatever event pays first. They won't turn down money to allow a baseball team to play in a stadium before another event. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Not anymore. That's what's changed. 

If it's postponed and you can't make the new date.....Ticketmaster have decided to fuck you over. In America this is.

Good luck with them enforcing that. They can not retroactively change the terms of the sale. No matter what they state on their website, if you can't make the new date, contact them and threaten legal action if nesssesary.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We'll see. They'll do everything in their power to classify as many events as possible as "postponed", so they don't have to call them "cancelled" and issue refunds.

Well. I'm guessing most of these shows actually are "postponed". Nobody wants to cancel shows. Unless the show isn't selling.

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Good luck with them enforcing that. They can not retroactively change the terms of the sale. No matter what they state on their website, if you can't make the new date, contact them and threaten legal action if nesssesary.

It's only applicable in America at the moment it seems so it's not having on me personally. 

I'm sure others will try that though. I'd be very interested to hear how they get on. Sadly I imagine Ticketmaster will win. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

It's only applicable in America at the moment it seems so it's not having on me personally. 

I'm sure others will try that though. I'd be very interested to hear how they get on. Sadly I imagine Ticketmaster will win. 

And I'm sure even (or especially) in America that is not applicable.

Even Ticketmaster can not retroactively change the terms of an already fullfilled sale.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

And I'm sure even (or especially) in America that is not applicable.

Even Ticketmaster can not retroactively change the terms of an already fullfilled sale.

I have no idea, but they've done it so they must believe they can......and I would imagine they have a solid legal team.

Someone with more legal knowledge than myself on here might know more.....

3 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

not all.  I just got an email from ticket master that Alice Cooper cancelled and I can expext a refund in 30 days.  If you buy a ticket for a certain day, thats what you pay for.  If they cant hold up their part of the deal, you get your money back.  

Wish that was the case. So far, I've had the Stones and Struts postpone and neither offered refunds. The Struts did say that refunds will be given if the new date doesn't work for us. That one will be fine because it's in Chicago and we'll most likely be able to go to the new date, and the tix were only $35 anyway. The Stones are the problem. We were in Africa last year when they played Chicago, and we want to take our daughter to see them,  so we bought tix for the StL show on a Saturday night in late June. Odds are the new date won't be on a Saturday so they better offer refunds once they reschedule. Still waiting for Elton, Guns and Gaga to call their tours...and none of those, including the Stones, were inexpensive. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. I'm guessing most of these shows actually are "postponed". Nobody wants to cancel shows. Unless the show isn't selling.

If that's the case, rescheduled dates won't be out for a long time considering a lot of these shows are at baseball stadiums and they have to work around the teams schedules. These teams still have to worry about how they're going to possibly play some of this years games and rework those schedules, yet alone schedule next year's games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah, I was saying that earlier in the thread and got told I was wrong lol

• Like 1

On 09/04/2020 at 1:59 AM, W. Axl Kev said:

In that sense, of course, I agree. However it's more complicated than that given this is a global tour where different legal scenarios apply to different countries/states. I imagine the promotion company are scrambling to understand what is feasible vs. what is not and that is causing a challenging scenario. Look at the golf championships for example; you have 4 Major tournaments + 1 international tournament all governed by different bodies who all have different opinions of what "correct" looks like. If the band were to add a poorly thought-out statement to the circumstance it may only further, or incorrectly, add to the confusion.

That's not what i'm saying but on reflection I understand why it would appear that way. What I mean is that Guns N' Roses, through no fault of their own, have found themselves in a chaotic situation where their previous ineptitude at communication is now being held against them. I'm merely trying to point out that perhaps by awaiting to see what is fact and what is fiction, they're perhaps making the smart play so not to further damage themselves/the tour/sales etc.

It does nothing negative for them to release a small video saying "Hope everyone is staying safe... here's a pro shot of WTTJ from 2016 to keep ye going while we reschedule our tour plans, can't wait to see all of you again soon!". 

Every band has pro shot footage laying around, every band has years worth of live multi-tracks stored. Even if they just released the Chinese democracy videos for better etc. anything!! They could also do individual 'How I wrote this song' segments. Axl talking about writing NV or Madagascar (or whatever song) and playing a few bars over instagram. These things are not difficult to do.

They don't have to, but it is definitely the cool thing to do.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Aerosmith and Kiss her put out fundraising shirts for the live music crews relief fund. That shouldn't be that hard for Gn'R to do. 

You'd think that a tour that has made 500 millions on overpriced tickets, has enough funds to take care of their crew without having to ask the fans to chip in.

• Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

You'd think that a tour that has made 500 millions on overpriced tickets, has enough funds to take care of their crew without having to ask the fans to chip in.

I would imagine that they have taken care of their own people, but that fund was put together by Live Nation to help all live crews, and on top of that, it looks like a good deed being done.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I was saying that earlier in the thread and got told I was wrong lol

Nah ;) the Motley tour is still a go... there's still clowns out there that think all this gets wrapped up nicely by June :D AND keep missing the huge point of the promoters of the shows putting the gigs on ice, so even if Motley or GNR or whoever wanted to proceed they can't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I have no idea, but they've done it so they must believe they can......and I would imagine they have a solid legal team.

Someone with more legal knowledge than myself on here might know more.....

I'm sure that will discourage some from asking for their money back, because "it says so on the website", but I don't think they can fend off the persistant people. Those who really want their money back. I don't think they would stand a chance in court. And I'm sure they are fully aware of that. I guess their thinking is, if they can discourage some, they already have won something. That's why I say, that anyone who wants to return their ticket should just contact them personally. It's a different story though for people who are buying tickets now. I guess they are fucked because they agreed to the terms.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

Wish that was the case. So far, I've had the Stones and Struts postpone and neither offered refunds. The Struts did say that refunds will be given if the new date doesn't work for us. That one will be fine because it's in Chicago and we'll most likely be able to go to the new date, and the tix were only $35 anyway. The Stones are the problem. We were in Africa last year when they played Chicago, and we want to take our daughter to see them,  so we bought tix for the StL show on a Saturday night in late June. Odds are the new date won't be on a Saturday so they better offer refunds once they reschedule. Still waiting for Elton, Guns and Gaga to call their tours...and none of those, including the Stones, were inexpensive. 

Yes, but that doesn't mean you won't get a refund. It just means you won't get one before the new date is set. That is a reasonable request.

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I only had tickets for two more concerts so far this year: Kaleo, which was very inexpensive and Roger Waters, which was around $120 I think? I don't care about getting the money back on either. Roger already postponed to next year, so I'm good to wait. Kaleo are booked into a really small venue, so I'm guessing that'll get moved to the fall. 

You've also seen Rog before, haven't you? 

For me it was Clousea (45 euro's), Gregory Porter, Eric Clapton and Pearl Jam (all around 80 euro's I think). The first two have been postponed to January 2021, which I'm afraid might still be a challenge. The other two have been postponed to June and Juli 2021 respectively. I have good hope for that. I've seen Clapton once (with Steve Winwood) and PJ once as well. But I've never seen the other two, so I really hope they'll make it. 

Anyway, getting off track here. GnR are still a bunch of asshole and to be perfectly honest people who end up not being able to see them might be better off for it. Two things are completely failing here though. The first is management & communication, which they were always terrible at. And the second is showing at least some sign of caring, which has been apparent for a while now but hasn't come through as clearly as now.  

13 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I'm sure that will discourage some from asking for their money back, because "it says so on the website", but I don't think they can fend off the persistant people. Those who really want their money back. I don't think they would stand a chance in court. And I'm sure they are fully aware of that. I guess their thinking is, if they can discourage some, they already have won something. That's why I say, that anyone who wants to return their ticket should just contact them personally. It's a different story though for people who are buying tickets now. I guess they are fucked because they agreed to the terms.

Ive  contacted Ticketmaster multiple times and spoke to multiple “managers”. They all told me to fuck off. I had tix to see the Strokes in LA on a Saturday night at the forum. I live in nyc, but I was going to be there for work so I got tix (not cheap). Strokes were postponed to may 29th (a Friday), which I can’t make. I am sure it will move again, but assuming it doesn’t, TM said my only recourse was selling the tickets to someone else. They are offering NO refunds for postponed shows. 

I fortunately have a screen shot of the old ticket refund policy (which applied to postponed and canceled show). They left it up for about 24 hrs while the new policy (refunds for canceled shows only) was posted and applied retroactively 

Edited by nycgunner
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1