With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

4 hours ago, username said:

You've also seen Rog before, haven't you? 

For me it was Clousea (45 euro's), Gregory Porter, Eric Clapton and Pearl Jam (all around 80 euro's I think). The first two have been postponed to January 2021, which I'm afraid might still be a challenge. The other two have been postponed to June and Juli 2021 respectively. I have good hope for that. I've seen Clapton once (with Steve Winwood) and PJ once as well. But I've never seen the other two, so I really hope they'll make it. 

Anyway, getting off track here. GnR are still a bunch of asshole and to be perfectly honest people who end up not being able to see them might be better off for it. Two things are completely failing here though. The first is management & communication, which they were always terrible at. And the second is showing at least some sign of caring, which has been apparent for a while now but hasn't come through as clearly as now.  

I've seen Roger like 10 times at least lol. I got to meet him in 2012 too :) Not gonna lie, the thought did cross my mind "what if he doesn't make it until next year" because of his age. 

As far as GN'R goes, I know I've made it abundantly clear on here, but that's exactly why I just don't care anymore. GN'R and their management have made it 1000% clear that they just don't care about the fans. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm only here for the community and the memories. I'm very grateful for the online and real life fans I've made through the forums. I love many things about every GN'R show I've seen, dating back to 1991. I still love a whole lot about all of the music they've released between 1987 and 2008. BUT, future releases and concerts just aren't part of my world anymore. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Ive  contacted Ticketmaster multiple spoke and spoke to multiple “managers”. They all told me to fuck off. I had tix to see the Strokes in LA on a Saturday night at the forum. I live in nyc, but I was going to be there for work so I got tix (not cheap). Strokes were postponed to may 29th (a Friday), which I can’t make. I am sure it will move again, but assuming it doesn’t, TM said my only recourse was selling the tickets to someone else. They are offering NO refunds for postponed shows. 

I fortunately have a screen shot of the old ticket refund policy (which applied to postponed and canceled show). They left it up for about 24 hrs while the new policy (refunds for canceled shows only) was posted and applied retroactively 

Wow. If true that's, that sucks big time and just goes to show what a shitty company that is. I still think that can't be legal though. Obviously they know that 1 person won't involve a lawyer, as that is a bigger risk to lose even more money, than to just forget about the ticket money. Maybe there are some consumer protection people you could involve?

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow. If true that's, that sucks big time and just goes to show what a shitty company that is. I still think that can't be legal though. Obviously they know that 1 person won't involve a lawyer, as that is a bigger risk to lose even more money, than to just forget about the ticket money. Maybe there are some consumer protection people you could involve?

You’re completely right. It’s absolute bullshit. I even called them out on the wording on the website and how they changed it on March 12th or 13th, which was when everyone realized the severity of the crisis and when all shows were postponed. I thought this has to be a class action law suit.  I even reached out to a Bloomberg reporter urging them to take up the story.  Just found these NYT and USA Today articles.  Hopefully the media attention will help

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/arts/music/ticketmaster-refunds-coronavirus.html?referringSource=articleShare

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2986708001

Basically says TM did change their policy (their is some fine print that protects them) because they don’t have the money to refund everyone for all shows. Live Nation’s $3bn of cash includes $1.5bn of pre sold tickets. If they refund, they could have a real liquidity issue.  I hope these assholes do go bankrupt, their shareholders eat it, and a better business model emerges 

fyi, says they are a considering a “refund window” for 30 days, so everyone with tickets please monitor for your benefit!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nycgunner said:

You’re completely right. It’s absolute bullshit. I even called them out on the wording on the website and how they changed it on March 12th or 13th, which was when everyone realized the severity of the crisis and when all shows were postponed. I thought this has to be a class action law suit.  I even reached out to a Bloomberg reporter urging them to take up the story.  Just found these NYT and USA Today articles.  Hopefully the media attention will help

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/arts/music/ticketmaster-refunds-coronavirus.html?referringSource=articleShare

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2986708001

Basically says TM did change their policy (their is some fine print that protects them) because they don’t have the money to refund everyone for all shows. Live Nation’s $3bn of cash includes $1.5bn of pre sold tickets. If they refund, they could have a real liquidity issue.  I hope these assholes do go bankrupt, their shareholders eat it, and a better business model emerges 

fyi, says they are a considering a “refund window” for 30 days, so everyone with tickets please monitor for your benefit!

Yeah. I guess public pressure is the way to go. They have to offer something. And even if it is just a credit for future tickets, an option they are currently discussing in Europe for ticket and travel cancellations. But they can't just tell you to go fuck yourself and to try to sell the ticket yourself, probably through their website so they profit even more.

Either way, just don't give up and don't give in.

Edited by PatrickS77

22 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes, but that doesn't mean you won't get a refund. It just means you won't get one before the new date is set. That is a reasonable request.

I hope you're right on that, I've read different things since this all broke.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WildStar said:

Metallica Monday is fantastic!

Yeah. GNR should follow suit and use this time to finally release that fucking Troubadour show with which they fucked over 10,000 people in Las Vegas, who thought they were going to see the first show. We all know they've recorded it and don't really have any plans for it. So nothing would be lost there.

Edited by PatrickS77

14 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. GNR should follow suit and use this time to finally release that fucking Troubadour show with which they fucked over 10,000 people in Las Vegas, who thought they were going to see the first show. We all know they've recorded it and don't really have any plans for it. So nothing would be lost there.

But according to Fernando, if they released that footage, attendees would no longer have "bragging rights". TB care about the fans too much to take away their right to brag.

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

But according to Fernando, if they released that footage, attendees would no longer have "bragging rights". TB care about the fans too much to take away their right to brag.

Yes. We've already established that he's a fucking idiot, who of course can't let it happen that his fucking friends and hanger ons loose their "bragging rights". :facepalm::max:

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. We've already established that he's a fucking idiot, who of course can't let it happen that his fucking friends and hanger ons loose their "bragging rights". :facepalm::max:

What a dumb reason to sit on a release. What would happen if they worked with an up and coming producer on a new record who wanted to brag to his friends?.... the plot thickens, cracked why they don't release new music!! This fucking "band".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Surely he didn't actually say that? If so, what a dumb/childish way of looking at things.

16 minutes ago, registra said:

Surely he didn't actually say that? If so, what a dumb/childish way of looking at things.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220452-qa-discussion-with-guns-n-roses-manager-fernando/?page=6

"Unfortunately I don't think this will ever see the light of day.

Our vision for that show was directed as a trip to the past, no phones just pure music, love and being there/bragging rights like back then was."

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

30 minutes ago, registra said:

Well. Sadly, he did say that. You'd think that 4 years of exclusive bragging rights would be enough. As if seeing a fucking video is the same as actually being there. Why did they film it, if they don't want anyone to see it? Fuck them.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

They could at least release the footage of the Axl Slash hug at the Troubadour. Their "last hug" in 1993 was one of the most iconic GNR images and most believed they'd never see it again.

Nah. Fuck that. They can keep that for the "bragging rights". I just want to see the fucking show. :P

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Funnily enough, this is almost the same reason why no classic van halen 78-84, officially released live material exists. Roth and the band thought that by not releasing old live shows was "protecting the legacy" . Kind of like you had to be there to experience the shows as a way of creating a certain mystique about that era.

On 4/7/2020 at 8:20 AM, Voodoochild said:

To be fair, we don't even know how Axl is dealing with all this. I mean, I know I'm getting pretty bad anxiety problems - that's why I've been posting a lot more these days, lol. Sorry about that haha

Not trying to find excuses, but as we don't know anything, it's really not fair to judge by the worst case scenario.

As a band: sure, they really should release something. Even if it's a 2016 proshot, but SOMETHING would be a good way to give people something to hang on in all this. 

Yeah, the Hammer to Fall challenge was pretty good. He's awesome. 

I wonder if Slash would do the same if he would get a copyright strike lol

This is very accurate. It all seems very odd, but this paradoxal nature of the band got old a long time ago. 

And yes, I'm talking about the band, not only Axl or Team Brazil. They all have responsibility. 

Maybe on par with the loot. They(as in gnr & their wives, families & girlfriends) crave the FAME & limelight. All the theatrics and plush red carpet treatment they receive as they fly GNRAIR from one city to the next. 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

48 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Maybe on par with the loot. They(as in gnr & their wives, families & girlfriends) crave the FAME & limelight. All the theatrics and plush red carpet treatment they receive from one city to the next

I'm under the impression they mainly crave a big fat wallet. Duff and Slash might want some exposure, but Axl and TB certainly do not. 

9 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220452-qa-discussion-with-guns-n-roses-manager-fernando/?page=6

Our vision for that show was directed as a trip to the past, no phones just pure music, love and being there/bragging rights like back then was."

That’s ludicrous. Why film it then? What an idiot. How many full bloody gigs have been professionally filmed by this band? About a dozen (if not a bit more) and yet we have 2 official ones. Lunacy.

23 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Then everyone would complain about Axl's voice. But yes I agree, no point in just sitting on it.

21 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What does he know about trips to the past? He wasn't there back in the 80s. Also if they were going to do trip to the past then that would've been a good time to put up the cash and get Izzy and Steven on stage with them, if only for just that show.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Would they though? His voice was better in 2016.

His voice was amazing by the time they got into the swing of it. I think the assumption is aimed at it being the first show and Axl normally being fairly out of sorts.

I'd still love to watch it but the preference is still Houston or Philly etc.