With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

Assuming the rumors of the rejected 2010 album are true, that would be a welcome corona surprise by the band. Sell it as a digital download, with a portion of the proceeds going towards relief efforts on the impact of corona.

Hell, I'd even take the CD remix album. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sweersa said:

Assuming the rumors of the rejected 2010 album are true, that would be a welcome corona surprise by the band. Sell it as a digital download, with a portion of the proceeds going towards relief efforts on the impact of corona.

Hell, I'd even take the CD remix album. 

They could do SO many different things for the fans currently, but they just won't. 

I doubt they're even "looking very seriously in that regard". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They could do SO many different things for the fans currently, but they just won't. 

I doubt they're even "looking very seriously in that regard". 

Sadly. Even before corona, I told people GN'R is the definition of what a good band shouldn't do. They at least have touring down, sort of.

• GNFNR 1

I don’t really think Guns has anything to say on it. They’re a band, and I don’t think every single entity in the world needs to stay something about the pandemic. That being said, they definitely do only care about money, I’m just saying this isn’t a indicator of it.

3 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

What exactly are they supposed to do? They don't have answers or information? They're a rock band, not international ambassadors. 

Let people know about the tour dates that are 5 weeks away and what is happening in regards to the large sums of money spent on tickets? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

What's weird is that in some ways they DON'T care about money. There are so many things they COULD do to take money from us in a way we'd be very happy with. I'd buy live albums, archive releases, new material obviously etc. But they don't want our money for these things. What I WON'T buy are things like laundry bags, toy trucks, and minature baseball bats.....which serve the purpose of making the band look like money grabbers while also providing something people don't seem to want. 

So, in a way, the money seems to be not an issue with them. Aside from very expensive tickets, there's nothing to spend any money on. I spend nearly nothing on GNR anymore as there simply isn't anything to buy. 

On the other hand, I think their lack of any sort of update (or even mention) of the tour that's due to start in a few weeks is awful. People have considerable money invested in tickets and travel etc.....but are being left totally in the dark about any sort of plans. All we know is that the concerts won't be happening......even though they're still on sale. No excuse of "well plans are being made" excuses them from at least acknowledging the fact that people are rightly concerned about where their money is, and what is going on. 

Yes, exactly. 

As for the band not providing any updates on the planned European tour, I don't think they know what is going to happen, either. I don't think they are being deliberately untransparent - they don't know and are monitoring developments themselves. 

Come on guys. Maybe there is a lot going on right now. We dont know. I think they give the news when they are 100% sure how things go..all the dates, new dates etc. Maybe someone have the corona in the camp already..who knows? Just because they dont talk doesnt mean they dont care.

Don't get me wrong they are a bit boring band nowadays. Autopilot mode..

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, default_ said:

To be honest, they’re kind of a joke since forever, Axl has been a joke his whole life, this isnt going to change now that he has 10 years left to live tops :shrugs:

Somewhere between 20 to 30.  But he's a little bullheaded at times and may not go then.  Won't go willingly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, default_ said:

To be honest, they’re kind of a joke since forever, Axl has been a joke his whole life, this isnt going to change now that he has 10 years left to live tops :shrugs:

The "Joke" part was inappropriate but the last part was just so much crossing limits and rude. Please grow up.

PS: and trust me I'm a huge Axl critic myself with a lot of bitter sarcasms toward the man. But ageism is a line I would never cross.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2

i think its pretty pathetic to expect gnr to keep you busy and cheer you up during a pandemic.

They are a rock band, not the morning cartoon on the tv.

Gnr is a band that plays music, i expect nothing more nothing less.

What metallica does on youtube is cool. but do i think all other bands are greedy because they dont do the same? hell no.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fiona Apple is pushing the release date of her album up to this month even though her record label said to wait until later in the year due to Corona.  If GNR released even one or two "new tracks" like Slash and Duff on Hard School or something, that would be very cool

Hell, even just letting us watch GNR videos on Youtube without takedowns every 5 seconds would be enough for me to at least feel like they care a little

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3