With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They could do SO many different things for the fans currently, but they just won't. 

I doubt they're even "looking very seriously in that regard". 

I'm not sure I agree with this. This is a band who've been continually slandered by fans over the years for being non-committal, half-baked in information sharing and generally non-responsive. As far as this goes, absolutely no one can predict what can and can't go ahead so rather than needlessly frustrate fans with further unconvincing messages, they've done nothing until they have facts which, from a business point of view, is smart.

5 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I'm not sure I agree with this. This is a band who've been continually slandered by fans over the years for being non-committal, half-baked in information sharing and generally non-responsive. As far as this goes, absolutely no one can predict what can and can't go ahead so rather than needlessly frustrate fans with further unconvincing messages, they've done nothing until they have facts which, from a business point of view, is smart.

I'm not sure I understand your point. 

Are you saying that since GNR has always been terrible at communicating with and/or doing anything nice for their fans that they should just keep doing that? 

20 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I struggle to see how still selling tickets for shows planned in Europe for just over a month's time that will not be happening by law, and not mentioning it anywhere is a smart business move. 

People are quite rightly asking what is going on with the large amounts of money they've paid out for something that categorically isn't happening. 

They're the customers, and they're pissed off. The very definition of bad business. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

It took until now to realize GnR only cares about money? Axl has been touring the same songs for 20 years now and only released CD because he was forced to.

The good side of this greediness is that it's the reason we got to see Axl, Slash and Duff on stage again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

i think its pretty pathetic to expect gnr to keep you busy and cheer you up during a pandemic.

They are a rock band, not the morning cartoon on the tv.

Gnr is a band that plays music, i expect nothing more nothing less.

What metallica does on youtube is cool. but do i think all other bands are greedy because they dont do the same? hell no.

I totally go with this...also we dont know what is going on with them.

I hate this so and so are doing this and  so why dont GNR...it reminds me of being a teenager and parents telling me what great things my cousins etc had accomplished,  due to being so sick of hearing the same old message I would rebel big time.  I can imagine Axl doing the same...best to accept the way things are and be pleasantly surprised when some unexpected happens.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I hate this so and so are doing this and  so why dont GNR...it reminds me of being a teenager and parents telling me what great things my cousins etc had accomplished,  due to being so sick of hearing the same old message I would rebel big time.  I can imagine Axl doing the same...best to accept the way things are and be pleasantly surprised when some unexpected happens.

Taken out of the context, yes, this argument would be legit. Trouble is, when you consider all the other things that suck about the band - and we're mainly talking about the management here, aren't we - the frustration is understandable...

Edited by jamillos

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

With all due respect, you said you were new to this band right? 

It's an old story this one. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Fiona Apple is pushing the release date of her album up to this month even though her record label said to wait until later in the year due to Corona.  If GNR released even one or two "new tracks" like Slash and Duff on Hard School or something, that would be very cool

Hell, even just letting us watch GNR videos on Youtube without takedowns every 5 seconds would be enough for me to at least feel like they care a little

I'm really excited about Fiona's new album. And she's as reclusive as Axl, her last album was in 2012. The problem is that I know for a fact that listen to her lyrics will destroy what's left of me. :confused:

But yeah, it's like you said. They don't even have to release something really new. Just let us watch old videos, at least.

What kills me is that we all know they have really good stuff that could be used. Be it a single, or a proshot live performance..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Have they REALLY just sent an email out advertising a flannel in the middle of all this? 

TOUR DATES PEOPLE! 

Available while supplies last.
Paradise City Logo

Welcome to Paradise City, the exclusive VIP email only list of the Official Guns N’ Roses Store. As a Paradise City VIP member you will receive special offers and more direct from GNRMerch.com. We want to thank you for being a Paradise City VIP member, for a limited time, save 15% off sitewide and receive a FREE logo flannel* when you use code GNRPARADISE20 at checkout!

Welcome to Paradise City, the exclusive VIP email only list of the Official Guns N’ Roses Store. As a Paradise City VIP member you will receive special offers and more direct from GNRMerch.com. We want to thank you for being a Paradise City VIP member, for a limited time, save 15% off sitewide and receive a FREE logo flannel* when you use code GNRPARADISE20 at checkout!

Free Gift Order Over $35
Guns N Roses Image #1
Guns N Roses Image #2

AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

Use Code GNRPARADISE20 At Checkout

AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

Use Code GNRPARADISE20 At Checkout

*Limitations apply.

See Terms and Conditions.

s.gif
s.gif
Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Subscribe on YouTube
s.gif
s.gif

You have received this email because you provided your email address to a UMG artist or label mailing list

This email was sent to seears_j@yahoo.com.au by 2220 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404

UnsubscribeView Privacy Policy

Universal Music Logo

o.gifpixel.gif?r=2a5e36a5e15df987076a57e73d5337d6f0a9ad0e

11 minutes ago, Creed said:

So, according to Rick and His little baby boy Axl, there are 600 takes / ideas / Instrumentals. A Juju hounds album. A hard disc with letters, video rehearsals. The storage also had awards and sessions from Sympathy for the Devil. And a full album with 48 songs.

Some people say Bird paid 100k for this locker. Others say that he earned 100k with the stuff so far.

Most of them are saying: don't pay a dime for it, because its disappointing shit.

48 full songs, is pretty much 4 albums worth.....

Bob geldofs 80s band, the boomtown rats have even released a new album .GNR ?, nah would prefer to sit at home and do jigsaw puzzles.

19 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

48 full songs, is pretty much 4 albums worth.....

Bob geldofs 80s band, the boomtown rats have even released a new album .GNR ?, nah would prefer to sit at home and do jigsaw puzzles.

The Boomtown Rats' new album isn't half bad for the typical new/wave - punk band releasing an album in the 2000s to stay relevant. 

Other artists:

Doing online streams for free, talking directly to fans, raising money to help in the fight, releasing archive material and concerts for free

Guns N Roses:

We've added select fans who've spent a lot of money on us to a VIP list so they can spend even more money on us 

Solid work as always. 

• Haha 2