Were GNR shocked at how quickly they achieved fame?

DurhamGirl

Thnx @Blackstar.   For the links. Quotes.  @DurhamGirl. My answer. Yes. I think they were taken off guard at it happenrd over night  when it happened, so to speak. It was  definitely a few years of them , as group,  living in sqaulor. Reading some of their  quotes, they seemed scared and taken aback by the sudden income . They seemed to not be too outlandish, except Slash and the snakes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Amaya said:

Thnx @Blackstar.   For the links. Quotes.  @DurhamGirl. My answer. Yes. I think they were taken off guard at it happenrd over night  when it happened, so to speak. It was  definitely a few years of them , as group,  living in sqaulor. Reading some of their  quotes, they seemed scared and taken aback by the sudden income . They seemed to not be too outlandish, except Slash and the snakes.

Made me think of Jim Morrison. After they had made it he still used to occasionally stay at this seedy motel called the Alta Cinega. It was in close proximity to the Doors workshop and his usual haunts so he would crash there. Hard to imagine his contemporaries like Jagger or McCartney doing that.😄 He could've easily hired a limo to to take him to a posh hotel but he didn't. Morrision always had that vagabond spirit.

49 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Made me think of Jim Morrison. After they had made it he still used to occasionally stay at this seedy motel called the Alta Cinega. It was in close proximity to the Doors workshop and his usual haunts so he would crash there. Hard to imagine his contemporaries like Jagger or McCartney doing that.😄 He could've easily hired a limo to to take him to a posh hotel but he didn't. Morrision always had that vagabond spirit.

That room is like a Morrison shrine now.  Jim could get away with that shit because teenybopper fans don’t exactly hang out around ratholes like that.  Jagger wasn’t adverse to popping around some dodgy manors in the early 70s, they spent time in places like fuckin’ Tangiers.  All those Morrison haunts were kinda in and around where they worked so it made sense.  Also, areas like that I would imagine are sort or unimpressed by celebrity so its perhaps easier to get away with.  Jimbo was a fuckin’ nutter though.

52 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That room is like a Morrison shrine now.  Jim could get away with that shit because teenybopper fans don’t exactly hang out around ratholes like that.  Jagger wasn’t adverse to popping around some dodgy manors in the early 70s, they spent time in places like fuckin’ Tangiers.  All those Morrison haunts were kinda in and around where they worked so it made sense.  Also, areas like that I would imagine are sort or unimpressed by celebrity so its perhaps easier to get away with.  Jimbo was a fuckin’ nutter though.

It is a shrine and people are allowed to graffiti the walls. I've always been fascinated by those kind of places around LA, which are pretty much countless.  Not the normal tourist destinations but the more obscure places. That time around LA has always interested me too. I think that's why I really like a movie like Once Upon A Time in Hollywood.

• Like 2