Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Isn't it amazing how so many of us are clamoring for new music from a guy who hasn't been able to sing his own songs without sounding like Herbert the Pervert for over a decade? Factor in that he hasn't made a successful album since 1991, and hasn't released any music at all for 12 years and it really reflects badly on us, more than him at this stage. Why the fuck do we still care?

I have a friend of mine, early 40s thats a huge metallica fan. He was a huge fan in high school and has stayed a fan of the band. He gives me so much shit as a gnr fan, because there has been zero from 93 to 08 and nothing since. No albums,no streaming of old gigs, nada. Compared to how many albums, and how upto date metallicas website is, it makes gnr look incompetant.

• GNFNR 1

Obviously a big takeaway is how far Axl’s pipes have really slipped down. That’s not to hate on him or anything, it’s more tragic than anything really. 

But also this was pretty eye opening for me in the sense that Frank is not right for this band. I’m not even a Frank basher or anything, and I happen to think he’s a great drummer. But he is not the right man for this job.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I have a friend of mine, early 40s thats a huge metallica fan. He was a huge fan in high school and has stayed a fan of the band. He gives me so much shit as a gnr fan, because there has been zero from 93 to 08 and nothing since. No albums,no streaming of old gigs, nada. Compared to how many albums, and how upto date metallicas website is, it makes gnr look incompetant.

He's not wrong, what's more frustrating is GN'R went from huge amounts of success, to nothing; not because they couldn't write shit, there wasn't even a damn chance.. I would get be fine if they had gave it the ol' college try and 2 albums or so were meh. But, considering how much great material came individually, CD, Contraband, Izzy's first couple of solo albums, Slash's multiple solo projects, hell-even Pawnshop Guitars. They definitely could've released at least 1 more great album. What adds to it, is the huge back catalog of great live shows we'll never hear in soundboard. I've always argued GN'R is a better live band than in the studio, hell one of the best; but, they haven't given themselves the ability to showcase that. UYI DVD's suck. Live Era sucks. Most of the soundboards suck (I mean quality wise, looking at you Indiana, Rock in Rio, St. Louis). I just want a live GN'R concert website to buy soundboards from :'(

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 3

Some of these songs are really bad... Better, This I Love and Yesterdays stand out as the worst (so far). Frank stood out on SOYL too (not in a good way). There are plenty of moments where Axl's rasp sounds really forced and unpleasant, and he slurs the words.

Wichita Lineman, unsurprisingly, is one of the best songs from this show.

39 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Some of these songs are really bad... Better, This I Love and Yesterdays stand out as the worst (so far). Frank stood out on SOYL too (not in a good way). There are plenty of moments where Axl's rasp sounds really forced and unpleasant, and he slurs the words.

Wichita Lineman, unsurprisingly, is one of the best songs from this show.

We shouldn't be surprised, there's maybe 6 tracks Axl sounds good on. Could be about 12, but they refuse to adjust playing to suit his voice

19 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

We shouldn't be surprised, there's maybe 6 tracks Axl sounds good on. Could be about 12, but they refuse to adjust playing to suit his voice

Even songs like Nightrain and Madagascar are pretty rough. Shadow Of Your Love is bad. There's some decent moments on the lower-register songs, but overall he sounds like someone throat-punched a chain-smoking grandma.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Axl needs a vocal coach, that much is clear. 

He just needs to pick songs from the catalogue which suit his current voice capabilities. It’s such an easy fix....but also agree a vocal coach is a must to maximise what he has left.

• Like 2

Vocals do sound rough

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Isn't it amazing how so many of us are clamoring for new music from a guy who hasn't been able to sing his own songs without sounding like Herbert the Pervert for over a decade? Factor in that he hasn't made a successful album since 1991, and hasn't released any music at all for 12 years and it really reflects badly on us, more than him at this stage. Why the fuck do we still care?

You are a fun person all you do is bitch about Axl dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't. He can release  a surprise album  tomorrow and you would find something to bitch 

Also, Chinese Democracy was certified platinum in multiple countries including the USA it was also a very successful album internationally . If you want to say outlandish statements back it up with evidence 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2