Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

20 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Great coverart, @Dean

93188416_10223755666866602_3035554916262215680_n.thumb.jpg.5b32c84d3b5672e7f53a8cb3e2bbcd1c.jpg

Just edited from the Litho mate.

Got a few I've been working on with images from the show.

This is one of them:

EDIT: removed, will see if I can upload it elsewhere as had to save it as a JPEG unfortunately so it was smaller in size. 

Edited by Dean

It's genuinely sad how pathetic Axl's voice sounds now.

Even his rasp sounds like total shit in this recording when compared to 2016. So much of the rasp sounds weird and forced.

AXL/DC really seems to have emptied the tank. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's been consistently downhill since then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Weird question but how do leaks of sbd shows happen? Is there like a sound file saved on a master server or sumn or what lol

Some of the 2002 soundboards were stolen during the riot in Philly, and everything else from 2006-2018 (aside from officially broadcast shows) is an IEM recording, which means someone recorded the signal coming from Axl's mic pack to the soundboard. (I think that's how it works but not 100% sure)

The San Juan 2010 proshot, 2009 rehearsals and some random screen-videos were saved on a server owned by Grey Matter, though.

• Wow 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Some of the 2002 soundboards were stolen during the riot in Philly, and everything else from 2006-2018 (aside from officially broadcast shows) is an IEM recording, which means someone recorded the signal coming from Axl's mic pack to the soundboard. (I think that's how it works but not 100% sure)

The San Juan 2010 proshot, 2009 rehearsals and some random screen-videos were saved on a server owned by Grey Matter, though.

I don't think the stolen during the Philadelphia riot story is true. Seems a little far-fetched and like a good cover for a crew member who leaked them. I remember this story from 15 years ago, but I don't buy it. You think at every show the band has multiple CDs lying around of a bunch of their random previous shows? I wouldn't think so, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong...

13 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

It's genuinely sad how pathetic Axl's voice sounds now.

Even his rasp sounds like total shit in this recording when compared to 2016. So much of the rasp sounds weird and forced.

AXL/DC really seems to have emptied the tank. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's been consistently downhill since then.

He still sounded great during some of the 2017 shows but then further degraded to hit and miss.

I would put it down to more his deteriorating shape. He came out in 2016 looking in shape and focused. Now 2020 his back to being over weight and sloppy.

Edited by vloors

8 minutes ago, vloors said:

I would put it down to more his deteriorating shape. He came out in 2016 looking in shape and focused. Now 2020 his back to being over weight and sloppy.

He wasn't running around and sat through a lot of shows, which helped his vocals out a great deal. Singing the Brian Johnson songs with AC/DC seemed to hurt his voice the most.

Idk, Axl hasn't looked in shape to me since 2006. Even in 2009-2010 he was a little on the bigger side. But to be fair, stars do turn into red giants at some point

To be honest, I never cared what he looked like. Still don't. 

I only want him to put some decent effort in, I'd respect him for that. But it's getting difficult to believe he still cares about his performance.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hollywood_democracy said:

I don't think the stolen during the Philadelphia riot story is true. Seems a little far-fetched and like a good cover for a crew member who leaked them. I remember this story from 15 years ago, but I don't buy it. You think at every show the band has multiple CDs lying around of a bunch of their random previous shows? I wouldn't think so, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong...

Well, if the crew is traveling with the band across the country, the soundboard guy would have to carry the previous concerts recordings with his gear, right? 

I still think this is the most plausible explanation yet. Granted, some people already dismissed this story. I would love to hear how it really leaked. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Towlie said:

This leak just further cements that Slash is the star of this band.

Abso-fuckin-loutely. Hes worth every dollar as part of his contract. He has been carrying this tour on his shoulders since nitl began.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

2018 was the worst year since 2014. He seems in better shape now... 

I dont know. I think hes bigger now than at any stage in his career. 16 and 2017 seemed to be more hits than misses. The berlin 2018 show with how he sounded did him no favours. Alot of fans complained on gnrs facebook about how he sounded.

Edited by Sydney Fan

On 4/12/2020 at 1:16 AM, UsedYourIllusion said:

I figure this is Axls iem, does anyone know enough about the subject to know why bootleggers don't take from multiple IEMs or why don't they target someone like Slash? Does he even wear IEMs while performing? I don't know. 

Slash's & Duff's Tokyo 2017 iem was on YouTube a few months ago.