Gordon Comstock

Iceland 2018 Soundboard has leaked (No links or requests)

It was posted on Reddit a while ago.

Axl is pretty high in the mix and sounds rough, but it's the first soundboard recordings we've got of Slither and Shadow Of Your Love.

4 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Yay? 

Yea it's not really exciting, I posted it in the General Musings thread earlier but someone said it should have its own thread. :P

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Who is that talking about the cold and guitar changes between songs? Frank?

Edited by DoMw94

It is a very very dry mix, however it is better than nothing so hey I take it as a win :lol: 

These days I actually find myself enjoying really good quality audience recordings more than soundboards - to capture the ambience and the "true" version of what the audience experiences

• GNFNR 1

That’s a random soundboard to leak. Will be interesting to find and hear nonetheless.

I’m listening right now, Axl sounds really rough in some songs. Especially in one particular Madagascar scream, buts it’s quite enjoyable

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Who is that talking about the cold and guitar changes between songs? Frank?

i guess is Caram Costanzo the sound engineer

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Gem Archer said:

i guess is Caram Costanzo the sound engineer

Ah of course, hadn't thought of that.

Always find it interesting to hear these extra behind the scenes bits to get an insight into what really goes on during a show like this.

Edit: listening back, just before Madagascar, it seems that it is Frank – "This lovely warm July evening"

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Was axl cracking jokes during the solos?

Yeah, he was also in a good mood and less bloated

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I figure this is Axls iem, does anyone know enough about the subject to know why bootleggers don't take from multiple IEMs or why don't they target someone like Slash? Does he even wear IEMs while performing? I don't know. 

The original WAV started to circulate too... it's 2GB. Axl sounds pretty rough but still cool to get Slither and Shadow in IEM quality.

• Like 1

I hate being left out when these things drop

20 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I figure this is Axls iem, does anyone know enough about the subject to know why bootleggers don't take from multiple IEMs or why don't they target someone like Slash? Does he even wear IEMs while performing? I don't know. 

Slash’s IEMs are mixed with no vocals. 

30 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I hate being left out when these things drop

Slash’s IEMs are mixed with no vocals. 

Do you mean,  that Slash doesn't hear Axls singing on live Shows? 😝 always wondered, what the band says about Axls voice these days...🤦‍♂️

Just now, ZODIAC said:

Do you mean,  that Slash doesn't hear Axls singing on live Shows? 😝 always wondered, what the band says about Axls voice these days...🤦‍♂️

I’m pretty sure that’s how it is, slash’s IEM from Japan 2017 came out not too long ago and Axl was nowhere in the mix

Obviously nobody is honest to Axl. Or maybe he's aware of his poor voice and doesn't give a shit... 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Yes the whole band is on IEM.

41 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I’m pretty sure that’s how it is, slash’s IEM from Japan 2017 came out not too long ago and Axl was nowhere in the mix

How long ago is this? This isn't the previous Japan recording that used to be on YouTube?

"Yeah but he sounds so much better in person. It's just phone footage that makes him sound bad."

image.png?w=400&c=1

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes the whole band is on IEM.

How long ago is this? This isn't the previous Japan recording that used to be on YouTube?

Maybe a month ago. It was a different recording than the original iem that came out years ago. It was just slash and frank pretty much if I remember correctly

Edited by Gimpy Hewitt

5 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Maybe a month ago. It was a different recording than the original iem that came out years ago. It was just slash and frank pretty much if I remember correctly

Oh ok, didn't know about that. Would be cool too hear mostly Slash's guitar turned up and less of the other stuff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

doesnt appear to be online any more. Damn.

Edited by Axl_morris
;)