Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dontdamnmeuyi2015

ticketmaster

Recommended Posts

I read on blabbermouth.net that ticketmaster will only refund our money if the event if cancelled. I mean come on. 

We have no idea when any venue will be open to any events in the near future, so any band with a tour this year, should outright cancel, so we can get refunds. I have 4 major concerts for this year and I paid a lot of money for each of them. 

I hated buying tickets for months ahead of time and I surely don't want to wait until 2021 or possibly after to see a concert.

If/when bands go on tour again, I can always get more tickets. It sucks because I had amazing tickets for both Kiss and GNR.

Oh well, I honestly don't want to be in any venues anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's bullshit. I mean, I do get that if they refund every show, they'll basically go bankrupt.

So it is more on bands at this point to cancel so they aren't part of the problem...or at least announce new dates because for most shows at that point, you can be like "Sorry i can't make it" and get a refund. It's this limbo area we are in now that is fucking everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yeah it's bullshit. I mean, I do get that if they refund every show, they'll basically go bankrupt.

So it is more on bands at this point to cancel so they aren't part of the problem...or at least announce new dates because for most shows at that point, you can be like "Sorry i can't make it" and get a refund. It's this limbo area we are in now that is fucking everyone.

Some people have reported that TM won't give them refunds for a rescheduled date either - only if the event is outright cancelled. I've also read that they apparently changed their terms of service to reflect this, but I haven't looked into it myself personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Some people have reported that TM won't give them refunds for a rescheduled date either - only if the event is outright cancelled. I've also read that they apparently changed their terms of service to reflect this, but I haven't looked into it myself personally. 

I believe that was indeed the case.  The old terms of service stated that TM will offer refunds if events were cancelled or rescheduled.  However, Ticketmaster changed it in light of the pandemic to state only "cancelled."   I actually did contact Ticketmaster support a few weeks back to see if I can get a refund for a rescheduled show and they informed me that only shows that are cancelled get the refund.  I mean, come on, do this company think that any of the shows that has been rescheduled to later this year will actually happen this year?  I get saving their hides and their finances so that they wouldn't go belly up, but they could have given some form of selfless goodwill in light of this for their consumers.  I guess that's asking too much from a company like Live Nation/Ticketmaster.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Some people have reported that TM won't give them refunds for a rescheduled date either - only if the event is outright cancelled. I've also read that they apparently changed their terms of service to reflect this, but I haven't looked into it myself personally. 

yes, but the bulk of that right now is postponed/to be rescheduled...as in it is not cancelled but there is no new date yet because most people don't know when to reschedule yet Honestly the acts that thought they knew what they were doing and rescheduled are probably going to have to re-reschedule.

They do have a line that says something like "most events will offer a refund" once a new date is announced which means some even after a new date comes up may not be refundable...but all the shows in limbo have everyones money in limbo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

yes, but the bulk of that right now is postponed/to be rescheduled...as in it is not cancelled but there is no new date yet because most people don't know when to reschedule yet Honestly the acts that thought they knew what they were doing and rescheduled are probably going to have to re-reschedule.

They do have a line that says something like "most events will offer a refund" once a new date is announced which means some even after a new date comes up may not be refundable...but all the shows in limbo have everyones money in limbo.

Nope - they're apparently also not refunding for events that have had a makeup date scheduled/announced. The particular events I heard about this being an issue with is Dropkick Murphys' St. Patrick's Day run of shows in Boston - there's a Facebook group I'm a part of for another band which has a lot of crossover appeal there and there was a bunch of discussion about not being able to get refunds for the new dates in the event people can't make it, TM isn't giving them the option. The shows had new dates announced at the same time that these shows were cancelled (Most of them in September, one of them in November), so it's not like they were "date TBA". Again, I didn't go through any of this myself as the only one of those shows I had a ticket to I can make the new date, but that's what I've been hearing from folks who can't make the new date(s). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn, that sucks.

I really wish all bands would just cancel at this point.

I have really expensive Rage tickets and I can't see that show happening this year anymore. I don't really care to have that kind of money tied up for a show that isn't for a year possibly.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yeah it's bullshit. I mean, I do get that if they refund every show, they'll basically go bankrupt.

So it is more on bands at this point to cancel so they aren't part of the problem...or at least announce new dates because for most shows at that point, you can be like "Sorry i can't make it" and get a refund. It's this limbo area we are in now that is fucking everyone.

If the bands don't cancel, I'm sure the states willl.

Like I said GNR is supposed to perform in the new Ranger stadium and it's not even open for baseball yet, so I doubt they will have any concerts there.

Someone said might not be any large gatherings, ex. concerts, until 2022. By then I will be out of my mind and some bands might retire by then. This just sucks all around.

16 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

damn, that sucks.

I really wish all bands would just cancel at this point.

I have really expensive Rage tickets and I can't see that show happening this year anymore. I don't really care to have that kind of money tied up for a show that isn't for a year possibly.

Yeah, I agree. I paid top price for both GNR and KISS. I got amazing seats too, so I'm pissed. Paul of KISS goes out into the crown onto a smaller stage and sings a couple of songs. My seats were right in front of that little stage. Damn it all to HELL!

Got great seats for GNR too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Nope - they're apparently also not refunding for events that have had a makeup date scheduled/announced. The particular events I heard about this being an issue with is Dropkick Murphys' St. Patrick's Day run of shows in Boston - there's a Facebook group I'm a part of for another band which has a lot of crossover appeal there and there was a bunch of discussion about not being able to get refunds for the new dates in the event people can't make it, TM isn't giving them the option. The shows had new dates announced at the same time that these shows were cancelled (Most of them in September, one of them in November), so it's not like they were "date TBA". Again, I didn't go through any of this myself as the only one of those shows I had a ticket to I can make the new date, but that's what I've been hearing from folks who can't make the new date(s). 

IF the government says no huge gatherings until 2022, who the hell knows where any of us or the bands will be by then? I would rather have a refund.

How can bands postponed their concerts to another date, when it could be a year or two away from now? I mean come on? I doubt if any venue would book something in 2022 right now.

This just sucks all around and we can't do shit about it. And I'm sure all the bands that are touring this year are just as pissed as we are!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 3:35 PM, Stiff Competition said:

This will probably force ticketmaster's hand a little since AEG is the other big player in the game...

https://blabbermouth.net/news/concert-giant-aeg-to-offer-fans-limited-window-for-refunds/

I'll see if when I make my requests and believe it is true, but yep.  Starting on May 1st and you got 30 days to make the request.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ticketmaster-to-offer-refunds-for-concerts-postponed-due-to-pandemic/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

I'll see if when I make my requests and believe it is true, but yep.  Starting on May 1st and you got 30 days to make the request.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ticketmaster-to-offer-refunds-for-concerts-postponed-due-to-pandemic/

Okay, thanks for the info. I think I do want my money back right now. It pisses me off because I had amazing seats for my concerts, but if/when my fave bands come around again, hopefully, I will get good seats again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×