Axl Rose Arrives 6 Hours Late to Home Livestream Concert - Parody Article

2020_Intensions

“We planned for 8:00 p.m., and I confirmed with him like, 40 times — I had him set multiple alerts in his phone while I watched in a Zoom conference, so he definitely knew exactly when to be ready,” shouted Guns N’ Roses lead guitarist Slash while stress-punching a hole through his top hat and pacing his living room in a rage.

If you replace the name Slash with Bumblefoot, this has probably actually happened :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

A casual sent me a txt about it as if it were real. Without needing to think or even begin to consider thinking about it I immediately said no that's a fake article, he wouldn't stream from his home or do that for free, no fucking way.

I'd be delighted for him to be six hours late as long as there was actually something happening!

• GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s funny, but the whole Axl is late joke is kinda getting old and has been generally untrue for a while

True but the wider music community doesn't really accept that. Check any thread on reddit related to Axl Rose, it'll be about how much of an asshole he is for still being late to shows, or GNR/NITL and it'll be about how they'd rather not go to a show that Axl won't bother to show up to. You'll get people correcting this in replies, but he still hasn't really managed to shake that reputation.

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s funny, but the whole Axl is late joke is kinda getting old and has been generally untrue for a while

8 hours ago, registra said:

True but the wider music community doesn't really accept that. Check any thread on reddit related to Axl Rose, it'll be about how much of an asshole he is for still being late to shows, or GNR/NITL and it'll be about how they'd rather not go to a show that Axl won't bother to show up to. You'll get people correcting this in replies, but he still hasn't really managed to shake that reputation.

Axl has only himself to blame for this. Being late/not showing up is probably the number 1 thing he's been known for now for the past 20 years.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I've got to the point where I actually wish something like this was true! 

A few no shows and late starts would at least be something to shake things up! 

You say that, but when they had that brief jaunt through North America earlier this year, the first show started a little late (for the very good reason of making sure everyone got in the venue) and the whole board had a meltdown. It meant Slash and Axl were done and this would be the last tour. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

You say that, but when they had that brief jaunt through North America earlier this year, the first show started a little late (for the very good reason of making sure everyone got in the venue) and the whole board had a meltdown. It meant Slash and Axl were done and this would be the last tour. 

Haha! I was sort of joking.....but I think that reaction shows people want something, anything to change and bring some variety now! 

On 17/04/2020 at 7:08 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

You can't undo 20+ years of bullshitting, even though he has gone on pretty close to on time for almost 7 years, he fucked up so badly when people were really paying attention that there's just too much damage done to control it.

Well, if they turned up and played some high profile world events and went on early or perfectly on time (Live aid / earth deals) then maybe that would improve things a bit.

End of the day, this is a joke. If it was a review of gnr now, then yeah it would be unfair but we can all enjoy the funny side of Axl and GNR.

• Like 1