Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

It's great that you did all the work to list all the information about the different countries, but it's very simple, there will be NO TOUR, even if some countries have not yet announced any measures for the summer, there will not be a single country in EU, where events of this size will be allowed this year.

• Like 3

There will be no London date, i'd put my house on it.

Even in the small possibility that we're not in lock down in 6 weeks time, the priority will be to complete the football/soccer season in the stadium. So there's no chance they'll be allowing the stadium to be used for other purposes before that happens, especially considering the football games are expected to be played in a closed stadium with no audience..

13 minutes ago, EricA said:

It's great that you did all the work to list all the information about the different countries, but it's very simple, there will be NO TOUR, even if some countries have not yet announced any measures for the summer, there will not be a single country in EU, where events of this size will be allowed this year.

Nail on the head.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Would highly doubt the EU tour (or NA tbh) will happen this year and will most likely be delayed until next year.

I'd assume the lack of an update on the tour at present is the GNR camp going through the arrangements for trying to book the venues for a later date (Booking venues, sorting visas, seeing what crew companies will still exist etc).

56 minutes ago, God of Thunder said:

Possibly it would be a good idea to have an official thread on the status of the 2020 tour and country restrictions. I don`t think there will be a Euro tour this year, but the silence from GnR camp (as well as promotors) is deafening. So maybe a thread with the official regulations would make sense for us to keep up (and keep our hopes down for a 2020 tour). I just added countries where I had up to date info available; please feel free to add info.

Austria:

Concerts / Events are officially prohibited until August 31; 

https://www.vienna.at/veranstaltungsverbot-fuer-gross-events-bis-ende-august-verlaengert/6590805

Belgium:

Concerts / Events are officially prohibited until August 31

https://de.sports.yahoo.com/news/veranstaltungsverbot-ende-august-trifft-dtm-165158125.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmRlLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGnOJtcbNxBJ0HdE19HRPzsigCOZZGn_MJ0oxbpUWDJuUNLhahnISNTRiN2psiYNv9UtNb_79rfXe8rQ9J2yTP-HVlSXi2lNjSJt9hQoHi3GtvRvrWALuuJOfQOd55-8Hwxnp96XYZmoH4haXsRLMJnNiUiTGtAPfsz4F4iTLDoi

France:

Lockdown until May 11; President Macron said no concerts / events until the middle of July will take place

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/france-postpones-tour-de-france-le-mans-events/

Germany:

Concerts / Events are officially prohibited until August 31

https://de.sports.yahoo.com/news/veranstaltungsverbot-ende-august-trifft-dtm-165158125.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmRlLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGnOJtcbNxBJ0HdE19HRPzsigCOZZGn_MJ0oxbpUWDJuUNLhahnISNTRiN2psiYNv9UtNb_79rfXe8rQ9J2yTP-HVlSXi2lNjSJt9hQoHi3GtvRvrWALuuJOfQOd55-8Hwxnp96XYZmoH4haXsRLMJnNiUiTGtAPfsz4F4iTLDoi

Netherlands:

As of today Concerts / Events are officially prohibited until the 1st of June; it can be expected that they will prolongue this until the end of August/ September

https://nltimes.nl/2020/04/17/dutch-pm-hammers-5g-related-arsons-urges-muslims-stay-home-ramadan

Sweden:

Large events are prohibited until the end of June

http://www.rfi.fr/en/international/20200416-sweden-passes-temporary-law-to-curb-covid-19

Switzerland:

Any gatherings of more than 5 people are officially prohibited until June 8; there will be an update on large events next week.

https://www.srf.ch/sport/allgemein/nach-bundesrats-beschluessen-die-sportler-muessen-sich-weiter-gedulden

UK:

The situation there seems a bit chaotic to me (as some many things on the island these days ;)) , they seem to review the situation every 3 weeks; so as of today the general lockdown is extended until the mid of May. Many big concerts / festivals in the summer were cancelled/ postponed already, but some are still officially schedule as early as June:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/rammstein-killers-gigs-coventry-still-18106808

Poland is basically off the list. Prime minister told that mass gatherings are now the least important thing and will be revived as the last.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcelo Garay said:

Southamerican leg was rescheduled to november of this year but in Peru all the large events are prohibited for the rest of this year...

In Argentina was postponed too, maybe 2021 be possible.

I wonder what they'll do regarding ticket refunds etc. Doubt we'll get anything. They'll make a tidy bit of interest sitting on millions of pounds of other people's cash for over a year - reminds me of when Michael Jackson did a "ballot" for his early tours where you had to pay upfront and got refunded months later if you weren't lucky enough to get a ticket, with the promoter / MJ's father pocketing millions from the interest on the un-ticketed funds before customers were refunded.

Edited by ToonGuns
Grammar
  • Like 2

Thanks for starting this thread. 

Personally I think it's appalling that there is yet to be even any official mention of these shows not happening. It's ludicrous that we are having to piece together cancellation information from local authorities. 

That Ticketmaster are still selling tickets for ones such as Germany and Austria, which will 100 per cent not be happening is insane. 

P.S. Yep the situation is 'chaotic' in the UK as you put it! Interesting that we are putting that image over internationally. We have people in charge who aren't fit to run a lemonade stand let alone a country, so it's kind of pleasing that's being recognised worldwide...while also utterly tragic that we've got ourselves in such a mess. 

Any chance of the Lisbon show on the 20th of May happening? Id like to hear hardskool live once before they disappear for a year otherwise theyll probs never play it tbh. Right now is the most important tour of this band and if nothing comes of it i dont see any activity ever coming of the band 

20 minutes ago, Creed said:

I'm pretty sure GnR will go to Iceland, India, Russia, etc instead.

I honestly think they'll do what they did with the SA run- they'll fly out and try to start it. 

We knew those dates were cancelled, but there had been no official mention of it, and they carried on like all was normal. 

1 minute ago, Joraz said:

Any chance of the Lisbon show on the 20th of May happening? Id like to hear hardskool live once before they disappear for a year otherwise theyll probs never play it tbh. Right now is the most important tour of this band and if nothing comes of it i dont see any activity ever coming of the band 

If Portugal fancy getting a large concert going in the middle of a pandemic and dealing with the consequences....then yes! 

In the sensible, realistic world, no. 

But this is GNR.....so they'll want to play if they can. Just depends if the government legally stop them. 

• Like 1

There's a lot of ideas being tossed around right now in the U.S. about starting some games and other events like NASCAR but with no fans.  Guns needs to just pull the plug already.  Go ahead and use this time to start putting together a UYI boxet for 2021 and they'll be ready for the 30th anniversary tour.

• Like 1

2020 is canceled.  Here is the CEO of Live Nation earlier this week.  Their base case is shows resume 12-15 months from now.  Listen to his response on the question on liquidity. “We have $1bn of cash, $1bn of revolver, and uh uh uh $2bn of untapped liquidity”. That $2bn is the the pre-sold tickets or aka OUR MONEY. 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/14/live-nation-president-joe-berchtold-on-cutting-costs-amid-the-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Here is the SEC filing from earlier this week as they had to amend their debt to avoid defaulting. Our cash is called “event related deferred revenue”. 
https://www.bamsec.com/filing/133525820000063?cik=1335258

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Very cool idea, thanks for doing that. Personally, I don't think ajy big tours are happening for the remainder of 2020.

I altered the name of the thread slightly just so everyone knows this is user information and doesn't think the actual band lifted a finger to update anyone. 

But but but... they released a flannel! All proceeds are benefitting the Team Brazil Trust.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

2020 is canceled.  Here is the CEO of Live Nation earlier this week.  Their base case is shows resume 12-15 months from now.  Listen to his response on the question on liquidity. “We have $1bn of cash, $1bn of revolver, and uh uh uh $2bn of untapped liquidity”. That $2bn is the the pre-sold tickets or aka OUR MONEY. 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/14/live-nation-president-joe-berchtold-on-cutting-costs-amid-the-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Here is the SEC filing from earlier this week as they had to amend their debt to avoid defaulting. Our cash is called “event related deferred revenue”. 
https://www.bamsec.com/filing/133525820000063?cik=1335258

At the moment though they are still actually selling tickets for every Europe date! 

Just now, EricA said:

i really can't believe, that there are people out there, thinking/hopeing that in 4 weeks from now on, there could be a concert with 50.000+ people attending, in any european country, gosh wake up please !

Totally.  But the band aren't really helping with this nonsense-thinking by not suggesting any hint of cancellation anywhere.......

It doesnt matter too GnR they have made that much $$$$$ since 2016 they could do this 2020 EU run for FREE they have made way more than they expected its NOT happening TM & LN will drag this out ONLY cos the tixs are making very strong money in interest they will keep it for as long as poss.

Its the same as BST 2020 TM will be in touch by May 6th then few wks later before the refunds its in there interest too hold as long as poss.

Im thinking lockdown too 30th June only cos my boss has had all his bills paid till then its 3 months in total yeah things can change tho

2 hours ago, JimmyMick3 said:

I have a ticket for the Glasgow show. Not a chance it’s happening with the amount of folk scheduled to be in attendance. 

TRNSMT is still going ahead on Glasgow green and that’s 2 weeks after GNR are scheduled to play there.  I’m surprised it’s still going ahead tbh but I still can’t see GNR playing though. 

4 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

TRNSMT is still going ahead on Glasgow green and that’s 2 weeks after GNR are scheduled to play there.  I’m surprised it’s still going ahead tbh but I still can’t see GNR playing though. 

It won't go ahead. No one is going to run a music festival at any point this summer! 

• Like 2