Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

2 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

If definitely won’t take place in stadiums In Europe at the beginning of 2021!

There's not going to be shows for the rest of this year, even at arena size. The only concerts that might take place will be in far smaller venues. 

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There's not going to be shows for the rest of this year, even at arena size. The only concerts that might take place will be in far smaller venues. 

Haha Russ I’m saying that only an idiot would play stadiums in Europe in Jan/Feb! Firstly would be freezing cold and wet, secondly people would be poor from Christmas and thirdly it literally couldn’t happen because all of these stadiums will be used for sporting events.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Haha Russ I’m saying that only an idiot would play stadiums in Europe in Jan/Feb! Firstly would be freezing cold and wet, secondly people would be poor from Christmas and thirdly it literally couldn’t happen because all of these stadiums will be used for sporting events.

Ah, gotcha, I missed that point lol. Here in the US, plenty of artists still play stadium shows in those months despite those two factors, so I missed what you were saying lol. My bad

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ah, gotcha, I missed that point lol. Here in the US, plenty of artists still play stadium shows in those months despite those two factors, so I missed what you were saying lol. My bad

It's absolutely unheard of over here. Arenas, sure, but not stadiums. 

Stadiums over here actually have very limited scope for concerts, licence wise and in relation to 'pitch quality'. Most will only allow one or two concerts a year, and they have to fall within a certain time period. A lot will also insist on any concerts happening extremely close to another to minimise impact on the ground and local area. I get the feelin that in the US things are a bit more lenient on their use? 

Stadiums are absolutely the worst place possible to watch live music, so I'm sort of glad their use is limited here really!  

• Like 1

We don’t even know for a fact whether the fall shows will happen or not. It’s just based on an estimate for now. There could be a second wave etc. The South/Central America fans should be glad their countries don’t fall within the US, since that would make anything even more unpredictable due to that idiotic buffoon of a president. There might even be a mandatory requirement to inject oneself with bleach before entering the concert arena! :lol: :facepalm:

Edited by jamillos

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

We don’t even know for a fact whether the fall shows will happen or not. It’s just based on an estimate for now. There could be a second wave etc. The South/Central America fans should be glad their countries don’t fall within the US, since that would make anything even more unpredictable due to that idiotic buffoon of a president. There might even be a mandatory requirement to inject oneself with bleach before entering the concert arena! :lol: :facepalm:

Just had my morning shot of Dettol. Feeling a little sarcastic now, but assuming that I'm now immune to all viruses. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, jamillos said:

In fact, are you guys realizing that this whole interruption only plays in our cards in terms of GN’R? I mean, not that Axl would care what the fans say on the internet, but there still will be certain pressure, even if just from the press: what I mean is, the longer the pause is, the less reasons not to give us new music (live or studio).

I use this attitude in life that can be expressed as "every cloud has a silver lining". And fuck me if this couldn’t be it for us.

these fuckers don't care about any "new album", they are already drowning in millions thanks to re-iterating AFD, endlessly touring, and just having made that reunion - all that means they earned enough to live happily until their last days.

so no, they have no reason to make any additional effort to make an actual album (which would probably never be successful enough compared to their old 80's/90's era).

so probably there's only the label remaining, which we can assume is greedy for any money they can grab. hard to say if that "power" is "powerful enough" in this case.

1 hour ago, zombux said:

these fuckers don't care about any "new album", they are already drowning in millions thanks to re-iterating AFD, endlessly touring, and just having made that reunion - all that means they earned enough to live happily until their last days.

so no, they have no reason to make any additional effort to make an actual album (which would probably never be successful enough compared to their old 80's/90's era).

so probably there's only the label remaining, which we can assume is greedy for any money they can grab. hard to say if that "power" is "powerful enough" in this case.

I know, but then, they can’t keep playing the greatest hits + cd forever, especially not after the pause. Maybe this fall, but next year should be different. On the other hand, there’s this possibility that the fans’ accumulated hunger for any live music will be so huge then that the band will actually get away with yet another NITL tour without any major changes. Oh well...
I still believe at least in Slash and his desire to see some results in terms of GN’R. 

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I know, but then, they can’t keep playing the greatest hits + cd forever, especially not after the pause. Maybe this fall, but next year should be different. On the other hand, there’s this possibility that the fans’ accumulated hunger for any live music will be so huge then that the band will actually get away with yet another NITL tour without any major changes. Oh well...
I still believe at least in Slash and his desire to see some results in terms of GN’R. 

Oh they can. 'Intimate' venues with even higher ticket prices could be the next step. 

Then you have 'afd in full', then a tour branded 'greatest hits live'  then a 'last chance ever' retirement tour that goes on for years. Then, if there's still time, a 'return' tour. 

It can go on indefinitely now. 

12 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Technically they could play in stadiums. It would cause them to reduce the capacity of each stadium, with the appropriate distance between each seated person. But also that would imply losing Money, so I don’t see it happening. 

what are you going to handcuff people to their seats to make sure they don't move or go to the bathroom or get caught in traffic up the stairs leaving the stadiums?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

what are you going to handcuff people to their seats to make sure they don't move or go to the bathroom or get caught in traffic up the stairs leaving the stadiums?

This, it is impracticable that people be careful in the stadiums.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Well we’re Sort of handcuffed right now for a couple of months so 😂 here in my town in Argentina were allowed to go for a walk only for an hour and up to 3PM. So maybe we can learn to be more careful in the future