Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

Ok, so just for fun I'm going to do that 'sweepstake' game on when they officially announce something regarding this tour. 

It's 19 days until it is due to start now, and the game will start when it gets to 14 (so in 5 days time). 

14 players, I'll do a draw and allocate everyone a day, see who gets the right day. I can't think of a way to organise a prize in the current climate, or a way to do an entrance fee, so we'll do it just for fun. 

Drop me a DM if you want to be in, first 14 can play and let's hope it provides some mild amusement! 

• Like 2

In a very bizarre way Ticketmaster and their affiliates still sell tickets for concerts in June / July in countries that officially prohibited concerts until the end of August. I wonder if that is even legal....It would not surprise me if we did not hear anything at all from the Guns camp; maybe we`ll hear from some promoters some days before the concert is supposed to take place that the shows will be indefinetely postponed....

So Motley Crue have just posted an update on their Facebook page regarding their tour basically saying they are weighing up all options and will provide an update by June 1st (sorry still don’t know how to post a photo on here, especially on my phone).

To all of those who are saying GNR are waiting for the tour promoter, there is absolutely nothing to stop GNR from doing this also. It’s extremely disrespectful to the fans to keep them in the dark despite being only a few weeks away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I don’t know why any one here needed an official memo from GNR. There will be no touring in 2020. Get over it.

So you’re saying that someone who has spent £100+ on a ticket for a show doesn’t deserve an official update?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Stones haven't made a definitive statement on their tour afaik, but there is the option for a refund through ticketmaster for all the shows that were lined up. 

I held onto my $50 ticket, but if it was a more expensive ticket,  I'd have cashed it in. Only other tickets I had were 2 $30 Mudhoney gigs that have been pushed to Dec and are in small venues anyway. )

So no refund options for the GNR shows? If you look under "my events" in your TM profile, is there any update notice or refund option? 

When were you offered  refund for the Stones? TM told me that I can't get refund until new dates are set.

2 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

When were you offered  refund for the Stones? TM told me that I can't get refund until new dates are set.

Option is still there for me!

Login to TM, go to my account, events, click on the stones event listed for you, then it pops up with a page called event details, lists the stones show as postponed and underneath is an option to request a refund. 

My tickets are for the Vancouver show, but I think it’s the same for all... 

Check again under event details....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I don’t know why any one here needed an official memo from GNR. There will be no touring in 2020. Get over it.

And people should just forget about the large sums of money they spent on tickets? I think most people would like to know where the hell their cash is. 

It really is shocking that some people are actually defending the fact no mention has been made whatsoever about the tour,and that this is in some way totally acceptable or normal. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Because tickets were purchased during a time where the economic situation is quite different than what it is now, I think it would be beneficial for those who did purchase tickets months ago to at least be aware of the situation regarding the money they paid for the tickets and if they can get a refund - and the sooner the better I say

The Pearl Jam tour I got tickets for was postponed in March right before things got hectic in the US and they were amazing with right off the bat offering and communicating to the fans both options of keeping the tickets or a refund.  I use that type of reply as the benchmark to which I hold any major corporate bands/events at this point

Edited by WhazUp

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

So the fans who spent money on tickets and possibly flights and accommodation as well don't deserve an update from the very same band they paid to see? The same band that promoted this tour? Dumbest thing I've read in this thread so far. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

So, err...tomorrow then?

I'd expect sometime next week.

7 hours ago, baje said:

So the fans who spent money on tickets and possibly flights and accommodation as well don't deserve an update from the very same band they paid to see?

It's a bit of a double edged sword. 

When vague updates get put out with no concrete details it both appeases some fans (who were already pretty chill and knew they were working on a solution) while also chucking gasoline on the more inflammatory fans.

9 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

How can you forget about them 'service fee's'. What kind of service is this? 

A pretty shit one 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'd expect sometime next week.

It's a bit of a double edged sword. 

When vague updates get put out with no concrete details it both appeases some fans (who were already pretty chill and knew they were working on a solution) while also chucking gasoline on the more inflammatory fans.

The time has long past for 'vague updates'. 18 days left now. 

No one is being 'inflammatory' by asking for updates. Interesting that you're so 'chill' about it when you have zero money invested in it.

Not really sure why you're so determined to tell people they're wrong for wanting to know where their money is.......but that seems to be your role both here and, ahem, 'other places'........

Edited by allwaystired

12 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

:anger:

100% untrue.

Well, that's based on you previously saying you hadn't bought a ticket for it, so the mind boggles as to how else you may have money invested in it......

All us 'entitled' and 'inflammatory' fans hey? Aren't we just so pesky with our questions about where out money has gone?! 

Edited by allwaystired

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, that's based on you previously saying you hadn't bought a ticket for it, so the mind boggles as to how else you may have money invested in it......

All us 'entitled' and 'inflammatory' fans hey? Aren't we just so pesky with our questions about where out money has gone?! 

I don't have any NA tickets but I had EU shows lined up.

Either wait for an official statement or get a charge back or your card.

A comment that sums this up from the Reddit thread on tour dates:

No news, but obviously the shows aren’t happening on their original dates.

The most realistic outcome is that tour is postponed and not cancelled, and should you want a refund you’ll get one...you just might need to wait. We won’t know more until something is officially announced. Just keep an eye on their website or twitter and you won’t miss it.