Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I don't have any NA tickets but I had EU shows lined up.

Either wait for an official statement or get a charge back or your card.

A comment that sums this up from the Reddit thread on tour dates:

No news, but obviously the shows aren’t happening on their original dates.

The most realistic outcome is that tour is postponed and not cancelled, and should you want a refund you’ll get one...you just might need to wait. We won’t know more until something is officially announced. Just keep an eye on their website or twitter and you won’t miss it.

Haha- of course! So...you were referring to a tour AFTER the one people were talking about. Got you. 

That comment sums up nothing other than the glaringly obvious. 

Why the fuck should people be getting 'charge backs' on cards in the absence of any information?! 

Why are you so invested in telling everyone they're wrong for wanting to know what's happening?  Is it because no-one looks at your other site perchance?! 

8 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The most realistic outcome is that tour is postponed and not cancelled, and should you want a refund you’ll get one...you just might need to wait. We won’t know more until something is officially announced. Just keep an eye on their website or twitter and you won’t miss it.

Check the GNR Website? It never gets updated. And the Twitter feed is full of endless Black N White photos. 

We're just looking for some Truth here. Your politician type replies are of no help. If I was interested in reading more of them I'd just read posts from that Prick on Nightrain. 

Come to think of it... Dewayne Trump has a ring to it

Doesn't the slow sales of NA stadiums lead to a perfect solution of socially distanced seating? I'm only half kidding. Mark off squares in the pit 6 feet apart with room for 2 people each square. Stagger the regular seats like they do in the white House briefing room. I'd guess around 40% capacity is possible to do.

Combined with being outdoors it should be fine as far as risk (with socially distanced lines and capacity controlled bathrooms).

Might not be the most exciting atmosphere but after the lockdowns people might be happy just to get to go to a concert.

11 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

And yet you need it explained, you clearly just want to vent. That's fine.

No. I want to know what the band are intending to do about the shows that start in 18 days. Like most people who actually have tickets. 

Wouldn't mind an explanation as to why you care so much that fans want to know what's going on though.....

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No. I want to know what the band are intending to do about the shows that start in 18 days. Like most people who actually have tickets. 

Wouldn't mind an explanation as to why you care so much that fans want to know what's going on though.....

Just seems like you're always complaining.

I'm just sick of the moaning.

Things will turn out fine, everyone will get their money back/ a ticket to the rescheduled show.

What do you think is going to happen?

• Like 3

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Just seems like you're always complaining.

I'm just sick of the moaning.

Things will turn out fine, everyone will get their money back/ a ticket to the rescheduled show.

What do you think is going to happen?

I don't know what's happening. That's the point. 

If asking for an update on a tour is 'moaning' then sure, count me in. Count everyone else in too, both in this thread and all over social media. 

You do realise you're not the spokesperson for the band right? 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 1:52 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Rio 2011 pretty much killed any hype for that tour (and line-up in general). Even the televised Axl interview with Eddie Trunk didn't help much.

Axl-Rose-608x500.jpg

(That said, the Seattle 2011 show is still one of the best GNR shows I've been to)

He has tiny trump hands

4 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Lined up? Did you have Hotels & flights & tixs do you currently have them all Them  paid for yes or no?

3 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Lined up? Did you have Hotels & flights & tixs do you currently have them all Them  paid for yes or no?

The only gigs he has lined up are fantasy ones. He's big friends with Mickey and Donald. 

As for flight? He doesn't have a passport 

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I don't know what's happening. That's the point. 

If asking for an update on a tour is 'moaning' then sure, count me in. Count everyone else in too, both in this thread and all over social media. 

You do realise you're not the spokesperson for the band right? 

Perhaps he isn’t the official spokesman, but he is talking common sense. 

The show in the UK will not happen in May 2020. You will eventually get a refund, vouchers, or you’ll have tickets for the rescheduled show. They’re pretty much the only outcomes. 

I suspect as soon as the UK government confirms lockdown is to continue for a further 3 weeks we’ll hear an official announcement.

23 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Perhaps he isn’t the official spokesman, but he is talking common sense. 

The show in the UK will not happen in May 2020. You will eventually get a refund, vouchers, or you’ll have tickets for the rescheduled show. They’re pretty much the only outcomes. 

I suspect as soon as the UK government confirms lockdown is to continue for a further 3 weeks we’ll hear an official announcement.

I doubt that.

They made no comment when other countries banned all shows. Tickets are still on sale for all shows. 

His role as 'spokesperson' seems to be uncannily similar to another user who likes to peddle many different aliases.... 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I doubt that.

They made no comment when other countries banned all shows. Tickets are still on sale for all shows. 

His role as 'spokesperson' seems to be uncannily similar to another user who likes to peddle many different aliases.... 

Dude, do you seriously think a 50k ticket show is going to go on 4 weeks from now when people can’t even going back to offices to work? We can’t even open a clothes store in the UK yet. 

How would anyone take a piss at the show? Imagine queuing for drinks/food. How do you keep 2m distance in standing sections? How would turnstiles work? 

Unless there is some miracle in the next week or so, the show isn’t happening. 

I have no interest in forum politics. But what he posted is a pretty accurate assessment of the situation.  

Take a look at the plan Ireland just released for their lockdown exit strategy then see if you think the show will happen. 

5 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Dude, do you seriously think a 50k ticket show is going to go on 4 weeks from now when people can’t even going back to offices to work? We can’t even open a clothes store in the UK yet. 

How would anyone take a piss at the show? Imagine queuing for drinks/food. How do you keep 2m distance in standing sections? How would turnstiles work? 

I have no interest in forum politics. But what he posted is a pretty accurate assessment of the situation.  

Take a look at the plan Ireland just released for their lockdown exit strategy then see if you think the show will happen. 

Of course he doesn't think that the tour will go ahead. 

We're 18 days from the start of the tour and there's been no announcement. Other bands have cancelled or announced rescheduled dates. GNR have made zero announcement. What are they waiting for? Their management team can't be busy with their other artists - they have none

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Huh? Of course I don't think the tour is happening. 

The fact however that tickets are still on sale, the band have said nothing, social media is full of people asking and people are asking the partners of band members what is going on is absolutely outrageous. 

I wouldn't think it's possible to argue anything other than that to be honest. It's the absolute height of disrespect to those who have spent their hard earned money, booked travel, hotels etc. 

We've had rumours and speculation these shows are outright cancelled, postponed for a year, postponed for a few months etc. But no official statement on anything. Whatsoever. 

If you think all that is acceptable, then fine. But most people clearly don't think it is. 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Huh? Of course I don't think the tour is happening. 

The fact however that tickets are still on sale, the band have said nothing, social media is full of people asking and people are asking the partners of band members what is going on is absolutely outrageous. 

I wouldn't think it's possible to argue anything other than that to be honest. It's the absolute height of disrespect to those who have spent their hard earned money, booked travel, hotels etc. 

We've had rumours and speculation these shows are outright cancelled, postponed for a year, postponed for a few months etc. But no official statement on anything. Whatsoever. 

If you think all that is acceptable, then fine. But most people clearly don't think it is. 

So it'll be one of the three outcomes mentioned above. Settle down and wait. Perhaps they're trying to organise events next summer? You have considered the band & management might not know exactly what is happening yet due insurances or venue arrangements? 

There are tonnes of other bands still with tickets available. Even ADTR is still selling tickets for 28th May for example. 

The whole world just went to shit. It might take a while to reorganise big shows like this, or arrange huge refunds.

Do I think it's fine? I have bigger things to worry about to be frank.

7 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

So it'll be one of the three outcomes mentioned above. Settle down and wait. Perhaps they're trying to organise events next summer? You have considered the band & management might not know exactly what is happening yet due insurances or venue arrangements? 

There are tonnes of other bands still with tickets available. Even ADTR is still selling tickets for 28th May for example. 

The whole world just went to shit. It might take a while to reorganise big shows like this, or arrange huge refunds.

Do I think it's fine? I have bigger things to worry about to be frank.

So when do you think they should announce it then? When is acceptable I'm your view? 

If you've got bigger things to worry about, why are you in a thread about updates for the tour telling people they're wrong for wanting updates about the tour? 

I think hes confused ive not read any where on here people saying they think the  shows will happen there is how ever people trying too sell GA GC etc tixs on Guns N Roses London FB page maybe hes just mixed up

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So when do you think they should announce it then? When is acceptable I'm your view? 

If you've got bigger things to worry about, why are you in a thread about updates for the tour telling people they're wrong for wanting updates about the tour? 

They should announce when they have something concrete to announce. Making an announcement without anything confirmed would just create more confusion. These aren't normal circumstances. 

I'm entitled to air my views, even if I'm pretty relaxed about what happens next. People are losing jobs, taking massive pay cuts and haven't seen their families in weeks - not to mention, you know, people are dying and shit. I know people have money invested in these shows, but honestly, there are bigger things to worry about. 

When the shows are rescheduled, you'll keep your tickets, or claim a refund. If the shows are cancelled, you'll eventually get a refund. No point getting worked up about it. 

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

They should announce when they have something concrete to announce. Making an announcement without anything confirmed would just create more confusion. These aren't normal circumstances. 

I'm entitled to air my views, even if I'm pretty relaxed about what happens next. People are losing jobs, taking massive pay cuts and haven't seen their families in weeks - not to mention, you know, people are dying and shit. I know people have money invested in these shows, but honestly, there are bigger things to worry about. 

When the shows are rescheduled, you'll keep your tickets, or claim a refund. If the shows are cancelled, you'll eventually get a refund. No point getting worked up about it. 

I think a lot of people, because of the current situation need the money now. GNR could at least acknowledge that they are trying to sort things out with the euro tour. It would be the decent thing for GNR to do 

• Like 4

I think we can all agree that the Europe shows and to 99.9% the NA shows are not happening 

I don't know why we don't have an official statement yet, but I think that Meegan is probably at least partially right, I don't know much about contracts and that stuff, but i guess the band cannot just cancel a tour even if they want to without losing money. They'll probably have to wait until livenation releases a statement and livenation seems to be busy with tours from other artists, which were scheduled earlier like the Stones tour or PJ tour

Just a guess, but I'm sure we will have an announcement within the next week 

Edit: maybe they're also trying to get rescheduled dates together so they can announce the postponement together with new dates, although I don't think so

Edited by SAU3R

15 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Well yeah that's obvious. But this is a GNR forum to discuss GNR things.....ALL of which are trivial in the grand scheme of things. We're all aware of the world situation.....but this is a band forum. If you take the 'bigger things going on in the world' approach you might as well not bother with any thread whatsoever.

If they don't have their plans with 18 days to go....then things really must be a fucking mess. 

Edited by allwaystired

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

I think a lot of people, because of the current situation need the money now. GNR could at least acknowledge that they are trying to sort things out with the euro tour. It would be the decent thing for GNR to do 

I get that. I really do. But people won't get an instant refund anyway, but I do understand that need and the anxiety around money. Ryanair are talking about 6 MONTHS for refunds. 

FWIW I don't think GNR (as in the band, Axl, Slash & Duff) are pulling the strings here. It will be with solicitors, managements of various companies, venues and logistics. It's a BIG ass tour with a lot of money at stake. That takes some time to resolve. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

then things really must be a fucking mess. 

On that, we very much agree! I think that's the nail on the head dude.