Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

17 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

I get that. I really do. But people won't get an instant refund anyway, but I do understand that need and the anxiety around money. Ryanair are talking about 6 MONTHS for refunds. 

FWIW I don't think GNR (as in the band, Axl, Slash & Duff) are pulling the strings here. It will be with solicitors, managements of various companies, venues and logistics. It's a BIG ass tour with a lot of money at stake. That takes some time to resolve. 

On that, we very much agree! I think that's the nail on the head dude.

Well, we'll see how it goes in the next few days. 

Whatever the reason though, I think it's utterly pathetic that no announcement has been made on anything, even just from a respect point of view. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 7:58 PM, WhazUp said:

Because tickets were purchased during a time where the economic situation is quite different than what it is now, I think it would be beneficial for those who did purchase tickets months ago to at least be aware of the situation regarding the money they paid for the tickets and if they can get a refund - and the sooner the better I say

The Pearl Jam tour I got tickets for was postponed in March right before things got hectic in the US and they were amazing with right off the bat offering and communicating to the fans both options of keeping the tickets or a refund.  I use that type of reply as the benchmark to which I hold any major corporate bands/events at this point

Pearl Jam was amazing about the response to cancelling. I recall that announcement and felt it was an over reaction. I didn’t know at the time what was coming. I just don’t think anybody should be surprised that no official cancellation came from the band. I understand people want  their cash back from a tour that is not going to transpire anytime soon. But, it should not be a source of outrage. Come on. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’ll never understand how Axel went from Victory or Death to this photo. 

Maybe victory or death is dependant upon  wearing a yellow raincoat?. But understand your point. That was a low period, and pretty much burying the GNR brand.

Edited by Sydney Fan

So has there been anything at all from the band about what is happening ? It's obvious as the day is long that no shows will be happening in Europe inlcuding in Ireland where I'm from where the government have announced five step plan to reopen the country that if all goes to plan august 10th will see the country back to something resembling normal albeit a new normal. I'm not asking the band to make a lethghy statement or anything but even an acknowledgement of the situation would be appreciated, and I think fans if not fully happy would have something to work with. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

So has there been anything at all from the band about what is happening ? It's obvious as the day is long that no shows will be happening in Europe inlcuding in Ireland where I'm from where the government have announced five step plan to reopen the country that if all goes to plan august 10th will see the country back to something resembling normal albeit a new normal. I'm not asking the band to make a lethghy statement or anything but even an acknowledgement of the situation would be appreciated, and I think fans if not fully happy would have something to work with. 

They'll have to tip toe very carefully with any statement. And that statement, even if issued by GNR, would come from solicitors. Any suggestion that the band wants to pull out could be seen as a breach of contract. Yes, yes, I know other bands have cancelled their shows well ahead of time, but if being GNR fans over the years has taught us anything, legislation is hot on the heels of GNR at all times. I'm sure this situation is no different. Many people stand to lose a SHIT TONNE of cash right now. Everyone is keeping a poker face. 

Legally, it's probably best they keep quiet even if that hurts the fanbase. It isn't like it's anything out of the norm for Axl & Team Brazil!

What I would say about Ireland, is that given that release of the roadmap, I would hope that you guys will get an announcement very quickly now that the government has effectively banned any gigs for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully the promoters can line up the same venues for the same time next year and we all keep our tickets. That would be my preference. Perhaps we'll have a new album and Axl will be in shape (other than round) by then...:lol: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

They'll have to tip toe very carefully with any statement. And that statement, even if issued by GNR, would come from solicitors. Any suggestion that the band wants to pull out could be seen as a breach of contract. Yes, yes, I know other bands have cancelled their shows well ahead of time, but if being GNR fans over the years has taught us anything, legislation is hot on the heels of GNR at all times. I'm sure this situation is no different. Many people stand to lose a SHIT TONNE of cash right now. Everyone is keeping a poker face. 

Legally, it's probably best they keep quiet even if that hurts the fanbase. It isn't like it's anything out of the norm for Axl & Team Brazil!

What I would say about Ireland, is that given that release of the roadmap, I would hope that you guys will get an announcement very quickly now that the government has effectively banned any gigs for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully the promoters can line up the same venues for the same time next year and we all keep our tickets. That would be my preference. Perhaps we'll have a new album and Axl will be in shape (other than round) by then...:lol: 

Even a holding statement would have been something though. Other bands have commented on the covid-19 crisis and its effects on live music. It's not that hard surely ? I mean I know we should be used to the way this band operates but still this isn't a normal situation so why can't the band try and do even the simplest things normally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Portugal has ended its state of emergency small shops can only open from tomorrow BUT larger stores HAVE TOO WAIT TOO JUNE 1st too open thats the final nail for them.

...and still tickets for this show are available for purchase. 

I got mine months ago, really hoping for postponement and not cancellation as I'm not in Portugal.

21 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Even a holding statement would have been something though. Other bands have commented on the covid-19 crisis and its effects on live music. It's not that hard surely ? I mean I know we should be used to the way this band operates but still this isn't a normal situation so why can't the band try and do even the simplest things normally.

Absolutely. 

Amazing that people are actually defending the band not raising a finger to even acknowledge the tour not happening really. 

It is indeed 'business as usual' though in terms of how fans are viewed and treated. But that doesn't make it OK. 

• Like 1

Axl Rose breaks Corona silence hes been tweeting anout it taking the piss & said NOTHING ABOUT THIS EURO 2020 TOUR he obviously thinks hes going too be there 

Saying that its probably a safe place too be cos like know 1 wants too go so just turn up & ull have GnR all too ya self lols lols lols

If your search for Guns n Roses  tour 2020 it comes up from 16 hours ago 

Interesting article on BBC news this morn all West end theater shows are BANNED untill May 31st & the main man behind it Sir Cameron Mackintosh says these shows will be unlikely  too return untill 2021 they will be last things on list & this is just theater shows.

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Jarmo replied to someone asking if there were any updates.....not sure what to make of his response. 

No.

For example, Firenze Rocks is still not postponed

Looks like a 1 show tour. They'll never catch ye man Ed Sheeran

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2020 at 12:22 PM, Gavin82 said:

Axl Rose breaks Corona silence hes been tweeting anout it taking the piss & said NOTHING ABOUT THIS EURO 2020 TOUR he obviously thinks hes going too be there 

Saying that its probably a safe place too be cos like know 1 wants too go so just turn up & ull have GnR all too ya self lols lols lols

If your search for Guns n Roses  tour 2020 it comes up from 16 hours ago 

I can't believe any band, including GNR would chance any tour anywhere right now.

A lot of bands have postponed tours until 2021, but who knows if it'll be safe by then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I can't believe any band, including GNR would chance any tour anywhere right now.

A lot of bands have postponed tours until 2021, but who knows if it'll be safe by then?

It must be an insurance thing. My brother was due to get married in April and would’ve been liable fully if he had cancelled it rather than the venue. Feels like similar to this, they need to wait for the festival/venue to tell them it’s postponed/cancelled. Feels like a weird version of brinkmanship.

14 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

It must be an insurance thing. My brother was due to get married in April and would’ve been liable fully if he had cancelled it rather than the venue. Feels like similar to this, they need to wait for the festival/venue to tell them it’s postponed/cancelled. Feels like a weird version of brinkmanship.

I have the same thing going on with a wedding.  We're waiting for them to cancel and hope they have our money or will let us reschedule.

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

With so little time to go? Surely this can't be going on with 15 days left on the clock?

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Jarmo replied to someone asking if there were any updates.....not sure what to make of his response. 

No.

For example, Firenze Rocks is still not postponed

Someone should tell J that the Sweden Rock Festival (a 06/06 show) has already been postponed to 2021 by the promoter.

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

Bingo. The Euro leg will almost certainly be postponed. But I´d imagine every promoter involved needs to say yes so that insurance claims can be made. After that, Guns can publicly state the obvious (not touring until July, at least).

Sucks for the fans, but so it goes.

My understanding from the way Iron Maiden has been handling their cancellations is it’s also really out of the hands of the promoter - it seems that the only way no one really gets fucked by their insurance in the event of a cancellation is when the government restricts events from happening. Maiden has been officially cancelling gigs piecemeal as different countries’ governments have restricted events beyond the date of the gig. That way both the band and promoter can say “oh well, out of our hands!” And no one gets burned. Of course, this isn’t really why GN’R haven’t cancelled yet as MANY of their gigs cannot take place, they’re just refusing to announce any cancellations it seems. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

My understanding from the way Iron Maiden has been handling their cancellations is it’s also really out of the hands of the promoter - it seems that the only way no one really gets fucked by their insurance in the event of a cancellation is when the government restricts events from happening. Maiden has been officially cancelling gigs piecemeal as different countries’ governments have restricted events beyond the date of the gig. That way both the band and promoter can say “oh well, out of our hands!” And no one gets burned. Of course, this isn’t really why GN’R haven’t cancelled yet as MANY of their gigs cannot take place, they’re just refusing to announce any cancellations it seems. 

I think pretty much every country they're playing in has these bans though, and have had for weeks now. 

So if it it's not up to the promoters, and the government has banned live events.....what is going on? There would seem to be no reason to leave it this late. If rescheduling is to take place, surely it would be done by this late point? 

I'm leaning heavily towards the shows being outright cancelled (as a user previously said the London one was) at this point and all this being a delaying tactic on the repayment front.