Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

Very good read in the media today ALL mass gatherings inclu CONCERTS &  football matches are too be BANNED in UK untill a VACCINE  in made its going thru commons today BUT bojo is expected too knock it back too at least autum so basically no date on anything of mass gatherings untill they sort this out

Still boggles my mind that this statement has only been issued today - this honestly could've been done a month ago considering the information on there. Not criticising the band here for not providing definitive information about whether its a complete cancellation or a postponement with new dates, rather the fact that we knew this wasn't going ahead maybe 8 weeks ago, and there's been nothing to suggest otherwise officially until now.

Anyway, GN'R tour not happening. In other shocking news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Still boggles my mind that this statement has only been issued today - this honestly could've been done a month ago considering the information on there. Not criticising the band here for not providing definitive information about whether its a complete cancellation or a postponement with new dates, rather the fact that we knew this wasn't going ahead maybe 8 weeks ago, and there's been nothing to suggest otherwise officially until now.

Anyway, GN'R tour not happening. In other shocking news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

That statement should have come out weeks ago, as it says nothing at all, other than what we've know for weeks. 

So basically it's "We've got your money, and at some point we may reschedule. But we may not. Either way, don't worry, just sit back and let your gig date sail by". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

That statement should have come out weeks ago, as it says nothing at all, other than what we've know for weeks. 

So basically it's "We've got your money, and at some point we may reschedule. But we may not. Either way, don't worry, just sit back and let your gig date sail by". 

Exactly. This was due in early April.

Shocking management of this situation both by band and promoters. A statement that vague this close to the tour dates is unacceptable, especially when they are holding ticket buyer cash at a time where they might need it. At this late stage there should be a resolution of alt dates or offer of a refund. Not had an email from promoter or ticket agent about this gig either. Customer service in this industry is disgraceful. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I believe I said that even a holding statement should have been put out and even the one they have put out makes it sound like things are being cancelled and shut down now when all of us living in Europe know that the way it was going to play out was clear very early on. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, prettytiedup88 said:

Shocking management of this situation both by band and promoters. A statement that vague this close to the tour dates is unacceptable, especially when they are holding ticket buyer cash at a time where they might need it. At this late stage there should be a resolution of alt dates or offer of a refund. Not had an email from promoter or ticket agent about this gig either. Customer service in this industry is disgraceful. 

Yep. While it's not just GN'R handling things this way, it's still really sad. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, prettytiedup88 said:

It’s also a logistical nightmare to postpone/cancel/reschedule pretty much every concert globally and provide refunds without bankrupting a company. Normally you are right but these aren’t normal times. Providing statements according to specific contract language must be whirlwind. I’m sure everyone is siding on caution there as it’s uncharted waters 

These shows weren’t happening. This situation sucks but it’s not just a GNR problem either. Some bands were lucky to get there situations handled earlier, others are still waiting. I hope everyone gets their money back that wants it 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 3

Blabbermouth.net just said GNR has cancelled their spring/summer dates.

Duff posted a message to fans.

Pretty sure the US tour dates for the summer will be cancelled next. At least we will get our money back.

Hopefully, by next year, GNR can tour again as well as my other favorite bands. Really going to miss my concerts.

11 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

You don't know that yet.

I took a screenshot of the original Ticketmaster policy about rescheduled events. They may drag their feet in issuing them, but I have zero doubt that anyone who wants a refund will get one...eventually.

Edited by Stryker

8 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

As long as Live Nation is still in business, eventually you’ll be able to get a refund. How long that takes is another question entirely. 

Have tickets to small independent club shows? That might be an issue 

Very true. There is realistically little to no chance of LiveNation folding completely so there will be an entity to get money from.

But a lot of music venues are going to go bust (something like 80% of UK venues)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52573685

45 minutes ago, Kearnsy said:

Why not? Surely even if they rescheduled and the date doesn't suit, you can get a refund?

That’s what TM has said they’ll do. Although with all the rescheduling going on this could take a while. I had tix for Pearl Jam in March and they still haven’t set a date (although they’ve been much better at communicating with fans than GNR has)

18 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

That’s what TM has said they’ll do. Although with all the rescheduling going on this could take a while. I had tix for Pearl Jam in March and they still haven’t set a date (although they’ve been much better at communicating with fans than GNR has)

So if its reschedule, you dont get a choice in getting a refund? Only if its cancelled all together? Which Pearl Jam show were you going to? Ive tickets for london and Zurich but happy to hold on for the rescheduled shows.

Nice of them to finally announce what we already knew.  The tour dates in May and June weren't going to happen. 

The US tour dates aren't going to happen either.  They'll probably wait until July 1 to cancel the North American dates.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

sure they can and who gets all that interest that has compounded for months?

Anything gained is spent on operating costs and their employees. No one is coming out ahead here. 

If they go under, no one gets a refund. It goes to the banks and lenders 

• Like 1